PNG 11 Nederland 3 Final comments

Chris Sweetenham went 7 innings for the Indians for a complete game victory. Offensively the Indians hit I believe 3 homeruns as Jalai, Sweetenham and Reyenga went deep.

For a team that has lost their Div 1 pitcher, the Indians are sitting atop 20-4A with a 2-0 record with wins over LCM and Nederland.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="779432" timestamp="1269054177"]
Chris Sweetenham went 7 innings for the Indians for a complete game victory. Offensively the Indians hit I believe 3 homeruns as Jalai, Sweetenham and Reyenga went deep.

For a team that has lost their Div 1 pitcher, the Indians are sitting atop 20-4A with a 2-0 record with wins over LCM and Nederland.
[/quote]Look for more out of Sweetenham this yr, looks as if his offseason training is paying off...

[quote name="643" post="779523" timestamp="1269082934"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=67546.msg779432#msg779432 date=1269054177]

[/quote]Look for more out of Sweetenham this yr, looks as if his offseason training is paying off...
[/quote]

Coach Stone had them doing the P90X during the offseason.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="779527" timestamp="1269087595"]
[quote author=643 link=topic=67546.msg779523#msg779523 date=1269082934]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=67546.msg779432#msg779432 date=1269054177]

[/quote]

Coach Stone had them doing the P90X during the offseason.
[/quote]Actually I was speaking of his work with a Ex Pro pitcher along with whatever coach Stone had them doing

Sweet was solid and seemed to be in control the whole game.  Nederland had some chances early but ran themselves out of 3 of the first 4 innings on the bases.  You cant make mistakes like that against a good team like PNG.

Nederland pitchers were wild all night and the Indians took advantage of that.  It seemed as if every PNG batter had 3 ball counts and was ahead in the count every at bat.  PNG was patient at the plate and made the Dogs groove some pitches, and when they did the Indians drove them all over the park.  It's hard to pitch when your behind in every count, good hitters will make you pay.

Good week for PNG with 2 dominating wins over quality programs.  The rest of district should be interesting. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="779576" timestamp="1269101143"]
Sweet was solid and seemed to be in control the whole game.  Nederland had some chances early but ran themselves out of 3 of the first 4 innings on the bases.  You cant make mistakes like that against a good team like PNG.

Nederland pitchers were wild all night and the Indians took advantage of that.  It seemed as if every PNG batter had 3 ball counts and was ahead in the count every at bat.  PNG was patient at the plate and made the Dogs groove some pitches, and when they did the Indians drove them all over the park.  It's hard to pitch when your behind in every count, good hitters will make you pay.

Good week for PNG with 2 dominating wins over quality programs.  The rest of district should be interesting. 
[/quote]
I agree, the rest of district should be interesting. I seem to recall last year the dogs got beat by PNG early on and then proceeded to win district. You never know what's going to happen this early. Also you can't overlook Vidor..Hester had 17 Ks last night against Lumberton.

I want to express my thanks to those fans from both teams who have inquired, expressed concern, and prayed on behalf of my father who passed out at the game last night.  I want to especially express appreciation to those who used their professional skills to take care of him until the ambulance arrived and transported him to the hospital.  He is doing ok and should be out and about to watch Jacob play next week.  Thanks again!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami