Looking for 8U teams.

BH96

I am looking for any 8U teams in the GT area that play in tournaments. I have a team located out of BH and we play from Houston to Lake Jackson. I never see any teams from the GT area until the state tournament nor do I see any tournaments on eteamz for the GT area.

It's always been difficult to locate 8U teams.  I think part of it may be 8U teams are not put together until the end of the year and "all-stars" are chosen.  Therefore you would not see a lot of 8U travel teams this time of the season because the 8U players are playing league ball.  You have to find some dedicated players (and their parents) to locate really good 8U travel teams.

I remember back in the day when my DD played 12U and 14U, it was a real treat watching some of those 8U teams that were well coached and would play well together.  Good luck in your search BH96

I have a dedicated group of parents and kids over here in Barbers Hill. I have been extremly fortunate with this team. These group of girls were selected as our second all-star team when they where 5 yrs old and have stayed together since then for the most part. I have coached them every since then and have added and dropped from year to year thru tryouts but I still have 7 of the original girls.

We have been very sucessful from that first year up to and including this year. Last year as 7 yr olds in the State Tournament in Lake Jackson we tied for 8th out of 61 teams total. I would say that is pretty damn good myself. Considering we got knocked out by the second place team by one run in our second inning of ITB. And it has carried over to this year with the tournaments we have played in. We have a big "X" on our back and Im proud to say them girls have earned it thru hard work and sportsmanship. The issue we are having right now if you want to call it that is all the tournaments we play in we are the only "B" class team in the rest are "A" ball teams which does us some good by playing stronger competition. So far every tournament we have played in from August of this year we have placed either first or second in.

Next year we are more then likely going to go "A" ball. I have several girls currentlly taking pitching lessons and one girl that is pitching in 10U league ball this year. So hopefully it works out for us.

But if anything comes about over on the GT area for tournaments for 8U please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gladiator2
Is your team split up among other teams to play league or does your team just play tournament ball? I take it that your team play's league since you were talking about last year's all star team. What was your all star team's name last year? My daughter played as a 7 year old on PNG's 8u all star team that finished 9th last year. Our team eliminated Freeport (supposedly was the top team in tournament as they won the Pearland area tournament) and then later got beat by a less talented team. But when your dealing with 7/8 year's old girl's, anything can happen. Trying to figure out which team ya'll were. We play tournament's every weekend but it's with our league teams against leagues throughout this area. The majority of our all star team will come from our team and in 4 week's we will have our all star team together to go and play a couple of tournament's before state. We are definately looking to be very competitive this year at state as we also have a very strong group of girl's. I believe this will be my daughter's last year of league ball and then we will either make a team or she will play for A ball for someone. It would be nice to have our whole group that we have and all go to select but I do not see that happening. It take's a lot of very good parent's to make select work and it appear's that you have the right group of player's and parent's. Good luck to you and hope to see ya'll at state. I wish it was somewhere besides Lake Jackson, we will be going to National's after state this year.

After looking back at the final standings we actually tied for 9th in State. We are the BH Ballistix. The little team running around with the lime Green and black camo uniforms.

All my girls are spilt up amongst league teams and play against each other during the season. We do come together on the weekends and play in tournaments though. We are deffiantlly going "A" ball next year no question about that. And will be holding tryouts in August if your interested. Hopefully when yall get together we can meet up and scrimmage or find a tournament around to get in together.

• 1 month later...
Guest gladiator2
Have ya'll played the Stinger's this season? I believe they are a select team from LaPorte. We played them in Stafford this past weekend and those girl's could really play.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes we have played them several times. They are an "A" ball team out of Pearland we have never beat them but we have always played them real good. I think the most we have ever lost to them by was like 5 or 6. Which sounds like alot but uve seen them play and you know thats pretty darn good against them. There tall blonde left fielder was my first baseman last year. Les the coach of the team is a real good guy and a good coach. But they travel way to much. They have played in Alabama New Mexico Tenesse and all over Texas so far this year. They lost this past weekend to a Alabama team and scrimmage Pearland Power and lost to them this past week. Those are the only two losses I know of this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa