Evadale Rainey Relays

Evadale will host the 47th Annual Rainey Relays on Thursday on their newly resurfaced track. This should be an excellent smaller school track meet with 15 teams competing with mostly 1A schools but several 2A and even a 3A school in the mix.

With the great weather from the last week and the Evadale coaching staff keeping the sand pits covered to keep them dry even with the rain a couple of weeks back everything should be in perfect shape for the meet.

Things get underway with the field events at 3:30 on Thursday afternoon and the athletic booster club invites everyone to come by the newly remodeled concession stand to sample everything on the menu. Visitors will also get to take a look at the improvements that are being made to the Evadale campus. The new fence including the Green Monster in left field on the baseball field, the new outfield fence and pressbox on the softball field, the ongoing construction to the new AG facility behind the football field and possibly the foundation for the new weight and fitness building that will also have bathrooms that will service the visitors side of the football field. Renovations to the pressbox and the home bleachers are also planned and scheduled for the summer.

If you like track and field this will be one of your best opportunities to see some of the best small school teams in all of SETX. Hope to see you in Rebel Land on Thursday!

[quote name="Colmesneilfan1" post="777555" timestamp="1268742303"]
Great job on the JH meet yesterday....
[/quote]

Thanks, Coach Conner runs a good meet and it is nice to see so many of the JH kids get ribbons. There are some great young athletes from SETX and all of them did a great job.

Hope to see you on Thursday.

For BCdkru there are 15 teams signed up Evadale, Colmesneil, West Hardin, High Island, Sabine Pass, Deweyville, Kountze, New Waverly, Buna, Zavalla, Legacy and that's all that I can remember. Hull-Daisetta and Chester were at the junior high meet but I am not sure about them for the Rainey Relays.

Perfect track weather for a meet.
The Evadale track is ready as are all the field event sites. The sand pits were covered so they are not wet and everything is ready for a great track meet. 15 teams are signed up to be involved with a couple more that are on Spring Break that still might show up.

Hope everyone can get out and see some of the meet beginning at 3:15 with the running of the 3200.
Field events start at 4 with the running event 30 minutes after the field events are completed.

It was a large meet with some great times and distances recorded by many athletes and their schools.

The Girls champion was Zavalla with New Waverly finishing 2nd.
New Waverly was the boys champion with Evadale finishing 2nd.

Several athletes from our 1A district had an outstanding meet. Monkes from HI was incredible, while Colmesneil had I believe 1st and 2nd in the pole vault, The distance runnner from Big Sandy was amazing. The 1A relays held their own with the 2A schools that were present so all in all I believe that their are more than a few athletes that have a chance to advance to regionals and maybe on to state.

Great job to Coach Conner and all the Evadale coaches for a great meet!

Great meet in Evadale, great weather too!

You’re right rebel Yeller, Monkes is an excellent athlete. He jumped a 6’4” in high jump, with ease. If he had not strained his back riding a dirt bike, I believe he would have jumped even higher!

I think that Monkes and Loop also took two gold’s and silver in Hurdles. And the combo of Monkes, Loop, Lupeheke and DeMoss are tearing up the relay track.  Great job High Island.

Congratulations to all the athletes and to Zavalla, New Waverly and Evadale. There were some very impressive athletes out there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder