HJ         3/10  30%

turnovers

Fairfield     18
HJ              9

rebounds

Fairfield       28
HJ              23

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="771953" timestamp="1267853211"]
I'd love to know what Fairfield's shooting percentage was on the night.  They seemed to hit something like 60% from the field.  And they were very solid on defense.  How many offensive charges did they draw?!?  Good game.
[/quote] Best we had shot from the field all year I was so proud of how clutch some of our shooting was when you play a program like Hardin Jefferson you have to step your game up and we did ]. Always a good defense but the offense was a lot better shooting wise at least just too many turnovers which you can attribute a lot of to great defense. I dont know how many times we got stripped by the quick hands of yalls defense.

[quote name="FairfieldEagles5" post="771956" timestamp="1267853375"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66934.msg771953#msg771953 date=1267853211]
I'd love to know what Fairfield's shooting percentage was on the night.  They seemed to hit something like 60% from the field.  And they were very solid on defense.  How many offensive charges did they draw?!?  Good game.
[/quote] Best we had shot from the field all year I was so proud of how clutch some of our shooting was when you play a program like Hardin Jefferson you have to step your game up and we did ]. Always a good defense but the offense was a lot better shooting wise at least just too many turnovers which you can attribute a lot of to great defense. I dont know how many times we got stripped by the quick hands of yalls defense.
[/quote]Big men shouldn't dribble.  Period.  I think it was on another thread that it was mentioned that Fairfield had 5 straight turnovers.  What was critical about that was that it was a 4 point game midway through the 2nd period and our starting point guard had just drawn his 3rd foul and was sitting down.  That's when we stretched it to a 10 or 11 point lead.  I was afraid we were in huge trouble when Gus sat down.

But you guys were really solid fundamentally.  Great coaching job!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami