Great game from a visitor on the board. I'm glad we exceeded the expectations most (including Fairfield people gave us) We just had way too many turnovers and a terrible offensive foul at the end (not a terrible call a terrible play) Great game played by both teams though good luck to yall tomorrow against Silsbee. Class program run over there at Hardin Jefferson reminds me a little bit of a 3a version of Ponder.

Thanks..........I made several references about the Eagles having class and playing with dignity the entire game.  Each time a HJ guy was on the floor there was always a Eagle player holding his hand out to help the Hawk player up!!!  Eagles have nothing to hang their heads about!!!  Congrats on a great season!!!!

[quote name="whsalum" post="771967" timestamp="1267854228"]
Was a great game to watch.Had to feel for the Green kid on the offensive foul at the end,he was just trying to make a play.Good basketball played there tonight.
[/quote] I honestly thought he was getting pushed by the HJ player just as much he just made his more obvious.

[quote name="whsalum" post="771972" timestamp="1267854710"]
I like to see a kid try and make a play at that point of the game rather than go hide.The post play between him and Ricossa had been a war all night,that was a fitting end to a good high school ballgame.
[/quote] Yea Tevin has nothing to be ashamed of him Willie (15) and Ladarius (22 i think) were the heart and soul of Fairfield basketball for the last 3 years were going to miss those guys bad. I just kind of wish that would of been a no call because pushing was going both ways.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="773116" timestamp="1268057641"]
Obviously Fairfield was better than reported :D I told yall those pple love their basketball and take it seriously.
[/quote]

Fairfield was okay, played pretty descent defense. But HJ played terrible in that game.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="773121" timestamp="1268057885"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=66930.msg773116#msg773116 date=1268057641]
Obviously Fairfield was better than reported :D I told yall those pple love their basketball and take it seriously.
[/quote]

Fairfield was okay, played pretty descent defense. But HJ played terrible in that game.
[/quote]I think a lot of that "terrible play" came from the solid defense.  Of course, a few atrocious offensive charging fouls certainly didn't help.

Although, ironically, our 2nd quarter run occurred while Gus was on the bench with his 3rd foul (2 "very offensive" offensive charges).

Anybody can play the we played bad card but Aggiesarewe bottom line is you picked a 20 point game and you were obviously wrong not that it matters but still just saying. I really don't think you can argue those charges neither team could really have any complaints about the officiating. I just hope Silsbee can represent region 3 well at state they have a real solid team.

[quote name="FairfieldEagles5" post="773667" timestamp="1268122603"]
Anybody can play the we played bad card but Aggiesarewe bottom line is you picked a 20 point game and you were obviously wrong not that it matters but still just saying. I really don't think you can argue those charges neither team could really have any complaints about the officiating. I just hope Silsbee can represent region 3 well at state they have a real solid team.
[/quote]I agree that the officiating was balanced.  Both teams got away with some no-calls, and both teams had bad calls against them.... rather evenly, I might say. 

I will say that the offensive charges in the 2nd quarter (3 of them, at least) were bad calls that put key players on the bench.  I can't say that happened to Fairfield, only because I don't know the players.  You would be the judge of that.

But all in all, the officials didn't have a big impact on the game.  Even though we sat our best players on the bench, the team was able to rally and extend out to a 10 point lead.  So, pardon the pun, "no harm no foul" on the ref's officiating!  ;)

BTW, good look to you guys in your upcoming season.  Are ya'll returning a lot of players?  I also heard that this was the first year in coaching for your guy.  Is that true?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami