Who is your favorite HJ Player of ALLTIME??

I've only seen HJ basketball since the 2004 season, and Donahoe and Bernard were better players, but the player I have had the most fun watching was Jacob Ricossa.  He didn't do much offensively, but just watching him fly around the court causing things to happen was just fun to watch.  Fans were always talking about how fun Jacob was to watch.

[quote name="C-130 Gunship" post="770471" timestamp="1267713863"]
I've only seen HJ basketball since the 2004 season, and Donahoe and Bernard were better players, but the player I have had the most fun watching was Jacob Ricossa.  He didn't do much offensively, but just watching him fly around the court causing things to happen was just fun to watch.  Fans were always talking about how fun Jacob was to watch.
[/quote]
::) ::) ::) ::)

Guest GCMPats
I gotta support my kinfolk.

The best player I ever saw play for the Hawks was "Little" Gene Isabell. A very dominant inside force and the 1992 (??) Class 3A Player of the Year.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="770503" timestamp="1267718821"]

The best player I ever saw play for the Hawks was "Little" Gene Isabell. A very dominant inside force and the 1992 (??) Class 3A Player of the Year.
[/quote]

1991 GCMPats!!!!!!!!!!!!  I graduated with Gene and those guys that year from HJ!!!!!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="770509" timestamp="1267719068"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=66813.msg770503#msg770503 date=1267718821]

[/quote]

1991 GCMPats!!!!!!!!!!!!  I graduated with Gene and those guys that year from HJ!!!!!
[/quote]

I got a bad case of CRS lately. ;D

Well since we are talking basketball, I did not see RR nor did I see KS, GI, JH, (wish I would have), so I they cant be my favorite, So my favorite has to be........The team of this year,.....ok..ok....Tie between Trey and Jarvis. The key to the post is favorite, not best, Therefor not seeing some of the other players I just cant make them my favorites. I've heard alot and read alot about Rocky that guy must have been a lot of fun to watch, wish I could have seen it.

i wasn't trying to down play the impact of Donahoe or other HJ players that have come and gone.  I watched RR and played with RR in high school.  Overall, one heck of an athelete.  To average 30+ points a game, w/o the 3 point line, was sick.  I remember a game in Lumberton where he took the ball on a 2 on 1 fast break and this poor kid from Lumberton stood in the lane to take a charge, which he did, but he also got a face full of RR shorts, dunked on and his picture on the BE or Hardin CO news sports page.  Not exactly the way you want to be seen in the paper.

[quote name="86hawk" post="770548" timestamp="1267722550"]
i wasn't trying to down play the impact of Donahoe or other HJ players that have come and gone.  I watched RR and played with RR in high school.  Overall, one heck of an athelete.  To average 30+ points a game, w/o the 3 point line, was sick.  I remember a game in Lumberton where he took the ball on a 2 on 1 fast break and this poor kid from Lumberton stood in the lane to take a charge, which he did, but he also got a face full of RR shorts, dunked on and his picture on the BE or Hardin CO news sports page.  Not exactly the way you want to be seen in the paper.
[/quote]lol remember that one

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="770540" timestamp="1267721594"]
Well since we are talking basketball, I did not see RR nor did I see KS, GI, JH, (wish I would have), so I they cant be my favorite, So my favorite has to be........The team of this year,.....ok..ok....Tie between Trey and Jarvis. The key to the post is favorite, not best, Therefor not seeing some of the other players I just cant make them my favorites. I've heard alot and read alot about Rocky that guy must have been a lot of fun to watch, wish I could have seen it.
[/quote]What about those Weldon studs that have been playing the last few years at HJ?

[quote name="setxslam" post="771166" timestamp="1267799843"]
I am fond of those Weldon studs.  Unbelievable: Today is Ryan's 20th birthday.  Though I never got to see my boys dunk on a 10' goal, I couldn't ask for better sons.
[/quote]Well, that explains my confusion.  I thought Poppabearstar was Ryan and Sean's poppa.  My bad!

Tell Ryan Happy Birthday, from Jessica's dad.

[quote name="setxslam" post="771354" timestamp="1267818131"]
Jessica's dad, you couldn't ask for a better daughter!  Ryan's going to the games tonight and (let's hope) tomorrow night, along with some Hawk Heckler alumnae.  This is going to be a good weekend!
[/quote]Yes, it will be a great weekend!  See you there!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder