Teams to make it to the playoffs

Who will be left out of the playoffs?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be left out of the playoffs?

• Central
    • LC-M or HF

[quote name="vidor2012" post="767894" timestamp="1267302682"]
Nederland, PN-G, HF, Central

[b]Lumberton, Vidor, Livingston, Liberty[/b]
[/quote]

I believe this is all but locked up as the playoff representatives.. A few key losses and wins here and there could possibly change it, but its unlikely..

[quote name="SportsFanatic79" post="770665" timestamp="1267731931"]
Spring Break will throw a little wrinkle into this scenerio.  Is anyone going to be missing players?
[/quote]

I don't understand this.  How can a player go on "spring break" and not attend a game or practices ???.  I might understand at the sub varsity level, because schedules may not be set for those levels, but how can a varsity player choose their "spring break" over competing for playoff spots. Players know varsity district schedules well in advance so I don't buy "not knowing" when games will be played.

This is very selfish in my opinion.  How could a player or players let down their teammates, and schools, like that ???  More importantly, where are the parents of these athletes?  Where is the teaching of responsibility ???  I believe if you commit to playing a team sport, you should commit 100% and schedule your personal (leisure) time around your 1st commitment, which should be the team. If you are not going to commit [i][b]100% for the entire season[/b][/i], then don't play at all.  If I were a coach and I had players choose to go on "spring break" instead of attending practices or games, I would tell them to stay on "spring break" and we will play without them.  I remember my parents making me attend basketball practice during Christmas holidays (and we were not even close to making a playoff run), instead of letting me go hunting in west Texas.  It made me realize that when I made a commitment to someone, I had to honor that commitment......believe me, I had rather been hunting at the time.

Sorry for the rant, but I couldn't believe players would choose to go on vacation instead of competing for a playoff spot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami