Memorial/Dobie Updates/DOBIE WINS 71-68 in 2OT!!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="765625" timestamp="1267040951"]
Hoop, you so right...
Dvoe you so wrong... The Fortbend top three will give Bellaire fits.. And Don't leave out Kingwood!
[/quote]VERY unlikely Kingwood can do it this year, even with the humongous difference in coaching (yes, agreed, Bellaire coaching is dismal), but Kingwood doesn't play the style of ball (pressure, uptempo) required to overcome the huge talent advantage Bellaire enjoys over everyone in Texas except Yates. Bellaire's achilles heel>>> Bellaire is almost a contradiction like I've never seen before: uptempo/pressure makes these tremendous athletes worse, not better. Possibly cuz they have no pg. Ft Bend Bush on the other hand......of course, [u][b]it is Bellaire's to lose in this region[/b][/u]...........but their history shows.....and if Tobi pulls out one of his lights out OFFENSIVE performances like he did against the natl-ranked Tennessee team, NO ONE can beat them, but he's not consistently that productive on the offensive side yet. He's always light-out on the defensive side. Haven't seen the 6'8" Bush kid (soph) since early this season but he got noticeably better every single game thru the first 10+ games this yr. Remember the end of the Lancaster game. Mid-major signees (pg and two posts) destroyed Bellaire in fourth qtr....by attacking that achilles heel.

if the regional matchup ends up Bellaire vs Kingwood -- and Kingwood has a VERY easy bracket until Bush in the semis -- then Kwd will only win based on the VAST diference in coaching and Kwd WILL "deny" Sheldon McClelland. He is the center of their offense. All the others (except Tobi, when he's "on") feed off of Sheldon. Sheldon is an overall offensive STUD. One of the best I've seen in a while. Kwd just so happens to have a wing who can match Sheldon in height, something Sheldon doesn't see much. Kwd will make those other guys score OUTSIDE the paint, which they don't do much. And Bellaire relies too much on Tobi and the others overall athleticism/height advantages rather than fundamentally blocking out on the defensive boards. Of course, Bush will likely knock off Kwd. And Bellaire could stumble against either Elkins (very good defenders) and maybe LaPorte (if their 3 studs get in a groove) Plus the normal caveat: in a one-game format anybody can.......

[quote name="CATMAN" post="765709" timestamp="1267050482"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=66460.msg765626#msg765626 date=1267040988]
Bellaire has the best talent but the worse coaching out of that bunch!
[/quote] You are so right short.
[/quote]I have to disagree. I can assure you that the Bellaire coach receives texts from the bleachers during the games to make his adjustments. He can't see everything.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="766085" timestamp="1267106865"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=66460.msg765709#msg765709 date=1267050482]
[/quote]I have to disagree. I can assure you that the Bellaire coach receives texts from the bleachers during the games to make his adjustments. He can't see everything.
[/quote] Who from BLUE you :D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="766403" timestamp="1267131931"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=66460.msg766085#msg766085 date=1267106865]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=66460.msg765709#msg765709 date=1267050482]
[/quote] Who from BLUE you :D
[/quote]LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nOT ME, but someoene who is very close to him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    assfff
    Newest Member
    assfff