8. Santa Fe

[b]9. Kingwood Park [/b]

[b]10. Goose Creek Memorial [/b]

(These people must be crazy. ;D)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed (On the Crazy part)! BH is getting alot of respect. I don't think BH is at the point to know how good or bad they are going to be this year :) I hope it falls out that way, but GCM and KP have their entire teams back while BH returns 1-2 starters.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="763960" timestamp="1266852490"]
Agreed (On the Crazy part)! BH is getting alot of respect. I don't think BH is at the point to know how good or bad they are going to be this year :) I hope it falls out that way, but GCM and KP have their entire teams back while BH returns 1-2 starters.
[/quote]
That's what I'm saying. K Park, more than GCM, is getting NO respect for what they have accomplished as a program in 2 years. They tied BH for 1st place in 19-4A last year for goodness sakes and they have the ENTIRE team returning! BH has a solid program, but to have them ranked higher than K Park [b]IN PRESEASON [/b] is a joke.

OK lets get real, I hope BH does good, but these polls mean nothing, With one true proven player at the varsity level and the young pitching that is unproven, that is just throwing some 4A teams in a hat and picking them out, of course Brenham is real.  If anyone has watched BH in the scrimmages, they hang for the first few innings, until they get past their first two pitchers.  They struggle with errors in the middle infield, and they are not hitting over-all very well.  If Long is pitching, they will do fine.  Young, McDonald,and Townely have looked OK, but past that it is rough.  After reading the article in the Baytown paper, I hope there are a few changes on the (locked down )positions, or they will not finish #5 in the district.  Not bashing, just stating some facts. 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BH0088" post="763990" timestamp="1266854612"]
OK lets get real, I hope BH does good, but these polls mean nothing, With one true proven player at the varsity level and the young pitching that is unproven, that is just throwing some 4A teams in a hat and picking them out, of course Brenham is real.   If anyone has watched BH in the scrimmages, they hang for the first few innings, until they get past their first two pitchers.  They struggle with errors in the middle infield, and they are not hitting over-all very well.   If Long is pitching, they will do fine.  Young, McDonald,and Townely have looked OK, but past that it is rough.   After reading the article in the Baytown paper, I hope there are a few changes on the (locked down )positions, or they will not finish #5 in the district.  Not bashing, just stating some facts.   
[/quote]

Has Long gone through a line-up more than once during the scrimmages? I think most quality 4A teams will get to him the second time through. He throws hard, but not a lot of "life" on his fastball.
BH has enough talent to compete with anyone. They are just so young right now. Experience will make a difference come district play.

No pitcher has gone more than 3 innings in the scrimmages.  Long has looked the strongest out of the pitchers.  It is disappointing on some of the other names that keep getting brought up as players to watch out for, I will not mention names, but some have been getting hammered and making errors is common.    Townley looked pretty good vs. Manvel he went 3.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cajun1" post="764010" timestamp="1266855908"]
Heard GCM Catcher is moving over to BCA?  Any truth to this?  
[/quote]

Most likely. No comfirmation that he has withdrawn yet. Either way, he will not be playing for the Goose.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BH0088" post="764018" timestamp="1266856480"]
No pitcher has gone more than 3 innings in the scrimmages.  Long has looked the strongest out of the pitchers.  It is disappointing on some of the other names that keep getting brought up as players to watch out for, I will not mention names, but some have been getting hammered and making errors is common.    Townley looked pretty good vs. Manvel he went 3.
[/quote]

That's putting a lot of pressure on two sophomores. I think Mitchell will help y'all once basketball is over.

I agree 100%, Townley is just a freshman.  Mitchell and Asbury coming out of Basketball will help our pitching.  Defense is still a question mark at SS and Right field.  If your pitching is not  that strong, you better have a great defense.  3rd and 2nd have looked good on defense, of course 1st is solid, the catcher is getting better every game, center field is tough and left field will be better once Basketball is over.  I know it is just scrimmages,  and everyone is not at their best, but look where the weakness is and where the errors are.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BH0088" post="764039" timestamp="1266857666"]
I agree 100%, Townley is just a freshman.  Mitchell and Asbury coming out of Basketball will help our pitching.  Defense is still a question mark at SS and Right field.  If your pitching is not  that strong, you better have a great defense.  3rd and 2nd have looked good on defense, of course 1st is solid, the catcher is getting better every game, center field is tough and left field will be better once Basketball is over.  I know it is just scrimmages,  and everyone is not at their best, but look where the weakness is and where the errors are.
[/quote]

A fish? That's gonna be even tougher! There are some grown men in this league. It's draining mentaly on a kid. I remember last year playing BH, just when you thought the tough outs were done, the bottom of their line-up would wear your behind out too. 19-4A has SEVERAL teams like that this year.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BH0088" post="764052" timestamp="1266858957"]
  OK, just know where the errors are being made, not calling out names, unless it is for the good.
[/quote]

Gotcha.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="763963" timestamp="1266852724"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=66368.msg763960#msg763960 date=1266852490]
[/quote]
That's what I'm saying. K Park, more than GCM, is getting NO respect for what they have accomplished as a program in 2 years. They tied BH for 1st place in 19-4A last year for goodness sakes and they have the ENTIRE team returning! BH has a solid program, but to have them ranked higher than K Park [b]IN PRESEASON [/b] is a joke.
[/quote]

I am not someone who posts this baffles me. I agree with KP, but GCM has not proven themselves yet. KP on the other hand has and deserves to be there as BH. GCM has not even made it to the playoffs yet. So why should they even be in there.  Prove yourself first! 
Just my outlook on it!  It must be who you know and not what you have accomplished! They haven't "accomplished" playoffs yet. 

Waltrip deserves their ranking.  They were the only team to shut us out last year. (2-0 in game 2 of the second round last year) Also Magnolia beat us twice last year.  We only had 6 losses last year and that's half of them. I think Nederland belongs in the rankings.  They gave us our fifth loss and of course our sixth was to Texas high.  You guys are right though, alot of these teams arnt worthy of their ranking.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="GLUTIUS" post="764565" timestamp="1266902066"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=66368.msg763963#msg763963 date=1266852724]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I am not someone who posts this baffles me. I agree with KP, but GCM has not proven themselves yet. KP on the other hand has and deserves to be there as BH. GCM has not even made it to the playoffs yet. So why should they even be in there.  Prove yourself first! 
Just my outlook on it!  It must be who you know and not what you have accomplished! They haven't "accomplished" playoffs yet. 
[/quote]

In year 1 GCM missed the playoffs by one out! That was with 9th, 10th, and 11th graders. 8 of 9 primary starters return. Why would you not rank them in a PRE-SEASON poll? Why would you even have BH in the conversation at this point based on what they have coming back THIS YEAR? I think GCM proved themselves worthy of consideration last year, now we'll see what happens this year.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="764605" timestamp="1266926581"]
[quote author=GLUTIUS link=topic=66368.msg764565#msg764565 date=1266902066]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In year 1 GCM missed the playoffs by one out! That was with 9th, 10th, and 11th graders. 8 of 9 primary starters return. Why would you not rank them in a PRE-SEASON poll? Why would you even have BH in the conversation at this point based on what they have coming back THIS YEAR? I think GCM proved themselves worthy of consideration last year, now we'll see what happens this year.
[/quote]
BH has always had a strong program and has alway seemed to be a leading team, so why do you not think they deserve the respect to think they could be a top contender. They will always compete and be successful.  As for GCM you can say only by 1 out, but that is baseball, a lot of teams can say well it was only by 1 out, run, ect... They will be a good team this year and will probably get a playoff spot no doubt, but to be placed in a poll over other teams in the [b]HOUSTON AREA[b]that have alot of returning players and made the playoffs.  Especially in that district!  Example I not sure how you guys could exclude out Crosby, possibly CE king, and put GCM ahead of those. Each team has a lot of starters coming back and made it to the playoffs.  To each there own.  Although I have enjoyed the discussions you all have and sometime find it amusing, but enjoyable. Good Stuff  keep it coming. And good luck to GCM and the others on that list. It is going to be a great season!!! Let the good times roll ;D

[quote name="GLUTIUS" post="764615" timestamp="1266931985"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=66368.msg764605#msg764605 date=1266926581]
[quote author=GLUTIUS link=topic=66368.msg764565#msg764565 date=1266902066]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
BH has always had a strong program and has alway seemed to be a leading team, so why do you not think they deserve the respect to think they could be a top contender. They will always compete and be successful.  As for GCM you can say only by 1 out, but that is baseball, a lot of teams can say well it was only by 1 out, run, ect... They will be a good team this year and will probably get a playoff spot no doubt, but to be placed in a poll over other teams in the [b]HOUSTON AREA[b]that have alot of returning players and made the playoffs.  Especially in that district!  Example I not sure how you guys could exclude out Crosby, possibly CE king, and put GCM ahead of those. Each team has a lot of starters coming back and made it to the playoffs.  To each there own.  Although I have enjoyed the discussions you all have and sometime find it amusing, but enjoyable. Good Stuff  keep it coming. And good luck to GCM and the others on that list. It is going to be a great season!!! Let the good times roll ;D
[/quote]Sometimes it is a game of inches for example us (Nederland) and brenham what a 3rd game, left fielder all or nothing making that great diving catch in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs ..it gets by him and it was to the fence tie game maybe even a win for Nederland ...But that is all a part of the great game of baseball..That was a great game I know BrenhamFan agrees..I hope to see ya there again BrenhamFan good luck ;)

No doubt...Both fielders went for it and both had a shot at it.  Lucky for us, one of them came up big, with a great catch.  We have 8 returning starters, including 3 all-americans and stellar pitching.  Im told that the Bulldog rotation is pretty amazing itself.  I know they return a great team too.  I dont know how the chronicle didnt rank yall in the area.  Personally, i think yall belong somewhere between 6 and 10 in the state.  Thats just me though...

[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=66368.msg764985#msg764985 date=1266966685]
No doubt...Both fielders went for it and both had a shot at it.  Lucky for us, one of them came up big, with a great catch.  We have 8 returning starters, including 3 all-americans and stellar pitching.  Im told that the Bulldog rotation is pretty amazing itself.  I know they return a great team too.  I dont know how the chronicle didnt rank yall in the area.  Personally, i think yall belong somewhere between 6 and 10 in the state.  Thats just me though...
[/quote We returned 7 starters and the entire pitching staff and added a couple pitchers .... It don't really matter about the state rank ...out of site ...out of mind if ya know what I meen...

[quote name="BaseBow" post="764997" timestamp="1266968720"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=66368.msg764985#msg764985 date=1266966685]
[/quote We returned 7 starters and the entire pitching staff and added a couple pitchers .... It don't really matter about the state rank ...out of site ...out of mind if ya know what I meen...
[/quote]

Ya, I just don't think yall got enough respect.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="764985" timestamp="1266966685"]
No doubt...Both fielders went for it and both had a shot at it.  Lucky for us, one of them came up big, with a great catch.  We have 8 returning starters, including 3 all-americans and stellar pitching.  Im told that the Bulldog rotation is pretty amazing itself.  I know they return a great team too.[b]  I dont know how the chronicle didnt rank yall in the area[/b].  Personally, i think yall belong somewhere between 6 and 10 in the state.  Thats just me though...
[/quote]

Is this poll just for Houston area teams?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476