Lumberton Girls Basketball Coach Opening

wow.  that was quick.  poor guy.  he never had a chance. 

i agree with baseball25.  parents are never going to back off but you have to have the sense and nerve to know what helps your team and what doesn't.  he obviously didn't use the best talent he had available.  sad to see, but he was being manipulated pretty heavily by a few of the usual parents.  he's not the first that has had to deal with it and it looks like he won't be the last. 

I could not find it posted anywhere. I asked the HS principal and he knows nothing about it. I emailed coach and no reply yet.
I think it would be a shame if he quits. The guy worked his tail off to make these girls better players. Did I agree with every coaching decision? No. But I am not at every practice seeing what he sees. It's easy to sit in the stands and play coach.

But no way did he deserve the crap that came his way.  Yelling at the coach from the stands,and anonymous emails telling the coach he sucks are just plain wrong. And thats not to mention the coach/parent/AD meetings asking about playing time. I would not blame him for bailing out. But I hope he does not.

Also, district 20 AAAA was a very tough district this year. Even some of the great players we had in past years would have struggled this season.  Coaches can grow and improve too. Learning how to handle parents can be a tough lesson for a young coach.
Whatever happens with the coach, the parents have got to back off some next year.

its easy to "sit in the stands and play coach"?  i guarantee you could ask my grandmother pick the ten best athletes available for basketball at Lumberton and it wouldn't have been anywhere close to the line-up this guy picked, mainly because of parents persuading him.  i heard parents were inviting him over to their houses and the like for their daughters who shouldn't have touched the floor.

i can't believe this season happened the way it did.

my grandmother wouldn't have the patience to deal with parents who thought their kids were all-americans.  They would be a lot of feelings getting hurt.  probably a lot of the parents on these types of boards.  

We definitely need someone in here to shake things up and put what talent is available on the floor.  too much politics currently.  it's no secret that this stuff is going on.  it's just funny how the parents that try to influence the coach think that they have everyone else in the stands fooled.  it's pretty obvious when your kid is getting playing time that doesn't appear to be based on talent.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder