Kountze-31 Anahuac-6 FINAL/Post Game Comments

Guest JoesBros

Guest ECBucFan

Clearly, Da'Wack was not into this game. Even so, Kountze must have played great. Looks like the Lions didn't need those basketball boys that quit on them after all. Good job, Kountze. :)

#23 FOR ANAHUAC IS BEN MAYES, A SOPHMORE. HE HURT HIS ANKLE LATE IN THE BUNA GAME AND WAS OUT FOR THE KOUNTZE GAME. THE STARTING RIGHT TACKLE WAS OUT ALSO. THEY SHOULD BOTH BE BACK FOR THE HARDIN GAME. EVERYONE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT ANAHUAC IS ONLY PLAYING WITH 6 SENIORS ON THE VARSITY SQUAD. THEY ARE BASICALLY A JV TEAM THIS YEAR AND ARE DOING PRETTY DANG GOOD CONSIDERING THEIR AGE. GIVE COACH DAVIS A BREAK HE CAN'T CLONE SENIORS AND PUT THEM ON THE TEAM.

Cobb, There are plenty of excuses that you can come up with but one fact still remains - Anahuac lost to Kountze in football!! This is not the team I saw earlier this year - what happened to them? Don't blame it on age because these are the "young" kids that played Bridge City and Silsbee tough earlier in the season. Is the addition of your hurt running back going to be the key for you?

ANYTIME YOU HAVE TWO STARTERS HURT THAT PLAY BOTH WAYS IT IS GOING TO HAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON YOUR TEAM. KOUNTZE WAS THE BIGGER, STRONGER FASTER AND MOR EXPERIENCED TEAM ON THE FIELD. YOU CAN'T COMPARE PRESEASON SCRIMMAGES TO WEEK 5 TEAMS.

Guest ECBucFan

WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU GET THAT ANAHUAC WAS PICKED TO WIN THE DISTRICT. TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL MAGAZINE HAD ANAHUAC PICKED 2ND BEHIND EC.

I bet I know. I still have the newspaper "Football 06'" insert that came out in late August. They had Anahuac #1, EC#2.

BTW, their RB's name is Shandy-Kirby.

I was at the anahuac-buna game, and i want to know why buna continued to run to right side when the O kept falling back behind big 77, and whats with a 5 ft. cornerback defending a 6 ft. rec. In my opinion the best team lost this game, and Buna was outcoached again. Now Kountze comes to Buna for homecoming and looks to be a great game . By the way congratulations Kountze good game.

Well blue bleeder! That so called 5ft coner did not allow a pass to be caught and as a matter of fact he got an offensive foul called against anahuac because he had good coverage. As far as running behind big number 77 and falling back, all i saw was 5-10 yd gains and fumbles. Buna's problem that night was turning the ball over and keeping the defense on the field way too long. Anahuac did a good job capitalizing on the turnovers but only won by 12 points. I feel Buna will bounce back and have a big night against a very good Kountze Lions team. do not think for a minute that Buna is overlooking them and it should be a fun game to watch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami