Tarkington vs. Orangefield Predicitons

Bobcat1

Depends on if Orangefield wants to play or not.  We have games where I feel like we don't care, then we have game where you can see they want to win more than anything. 

I don't know much about Tarkington, but I know they lost to Evadale recently who OF beat by 20 without our two leading scorers. 

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="760360" timestamp="1266326162"]
Depends on if Orangefield wants to play or not.  We have games where I feel like we don't care, then we have game where you can see they want to win more than anything. 

I don't know much about Tarkington, but I know they lost to Evadale recently who OF beat by 20 without our two leading scorers. 
[/quote]

I wouldn't put too much stock into Tarkington's loss to Evadale. I don't know what happened to them, but they are better than that (not to speak poorly of Evadale). Splendora played them twice, and split the games. The one we lost to them, I would chalk up as anomoly. The officiating was so bad, that when Tarkington was playing with six on the floor, the officials were going to allow them to take a time out to get the extra player off the court. Splendora's coach had to argue vigorously to get the tech. Tarkington's strategy against Splendora was to rotate all five players at one time. Both groups seemed to play equally well. They shoot the ball well. They have a couple of very good three point shooters. Their inside game is starting to develop, but probably isn't up to the level it needs to be.

Good luck OF.

[quote name="DW35" post="760519" timestamp="1266343125"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=66087.msg760360#msg760360 date=1266326162]

[/quote]

I wouldn't put too much stock into Tarkington's loss to Evadale. I don't know what happened to them, but they are better than that (not to speak poorly of Evadale). Splendora played them twice, and split the games. The one we lost to them, I would chalk up as anomoly. The officiating was so bad, that when Tarkington was playing with six on the floor, the officials were going to allow them to take a time out to get the extra player off the court. Splendora's coach had to argue vigorously to get the tech. Tarkington's strategy against Splendora was to rotate all five players at one time. Both groups seemed to play equally well. They shoot the ball well. They have a couple of very good three point shooters. Their inside game is starting to develop, but probably isn't up to the level it needs to be.

Good luck OF.
[/quote]
OK first we have to get a few of the facts correct. Orangefield beat Evadale by 14 and Evadale  actually outscored them in the second half. Granted leading scorers were out for orangefield but you know you play with what you have that nite. Tarkington is a 3A playoff team and after watching them play Evadale this is my observation of Tarkington. They are quick, but their ball handling is suspect. They take to many ill advised shots some from 25 ft.. They have a philosophy of the more you shoot the more you score>>>>>>
Evadale caused 23 turnovers in that game so I think the defense had something to do with their poor shooting.
Evadale can play with any 2A and most of the 3A schools in this area. Can they every year maybe not but this is one year you better respect them or they will beat you, ask Tarkington.
Orangefield has a very good team but after seeing Rudder,Navasota, and Madisonville they are not there yet.
Much luck in the playoffs and beware Tarkington will shoot from anywhere, I think they shot one from the parking lot ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami