Who do you have for District Champs?

ABdogs91

I may be a little bias having played for Lumberton and now coaching there ,but I truly feel that it is a fair statement to say that both of these schools have a wonderful winning tradition about their programs. Lumberton has won 11 district championships and have been in the playoffs 17 staright years. Not sure how many DCs the balck and gold have had Nederland at one time had a 17 or 18  year streak as well. Not saying that one is above the other but that both have had an outstanding history.

As for my program, I will say that it is an honor to be grouped with teams like Nederland and PNG who have had success in this area the way they have.

lumberton has really came on in soccer in the last decade... or longer... they are without a doubt a powerhouse in this area. but...... nederland has always been and is always good. they usually win the district. but when they dont they usually lose to lumberton. they have represented this area the best i believe though. 2 pros. 1 mnt player.. state championship game. people from other areas know about nederland.. this year they are keeping it up.. 1-0 over friendswood. close loss to boerne champion (2-1 i believe?). everytime nederland plays png, its going to be close. no matter how good nederland or png is. its just the rivalry. but i would definitely put my bet on either nederland or lumberton going deep into the playoffs and beating top teams. but i wouldnt say it is an honor for nederland to be grouped with lumberton.

Coach L I wasn't saying that Lumberton isn't a good team, I would have to have mental problems to believe that. I was just saying that if you were to ask around in places away from here you would be more likely to find someone who knows about Nederland soccer vs Lumberton soccer. That's the only reason I said that, I was basically alluding to what wasone03 said.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami