Best High School Basketball game??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="758479" timestamp="1265894975"]
Second Best... It's Destiny!!

1999 Central High School Jags #3 in a loaded district... at the end of thr regular season it was #4 Humble, #9 Kingwood and #12 Central...

Willowridge had been disqualified because of Ivan McFarlin...  They won State the next two years and would have given Central fits in 1999...  Central met 4 of the top 15  (3 of the top 5) in this playoff run, this was the regional final.  They beat #4 Humble (which had beat us twice in district), #1 Milby, #15 Dulles, and #2 Duncanville.

But the Game was Central vs. Dulles and it was a doozy... Central led this game by as many as 16 when Dulles turned up the intensity!!! By the 4th quarter they took the momentum and their first lead of the game.  When the buzzer struck 00:00 the game was tied... Overtime and Central came out and hit the first three buckets.  But the resilient Dulles team came back to tie it up, Central looked tired and beaten and there was about 2 seconds left on the clock.  The score was tied and getting ready to go into a second overtime that the Jags would surely lose.  Then Skip Jackson took one step off the inbounds and launched a 3/4 court shot.  I was sitting just behind the goal...  Aldine campbell was loud and on fire..  The noise was almost deafening... I could see the basketball approach the rim and it looked good.  I jumped up and raised my hands as the entire stadium went silent for about 3 seconds.  It was disbelief!  Then it just erupted...  I yell, "Its destiny!" then the next week we got blized by Duncanville and Brian Boddicker!!!!  It felt good in Aldine... It felt like our time... The best high school basketball game of Centrals 2 decades of existance!
[/quote]

i know.. i was on the court when it happened...it was just our time. i got that game tape

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder