Newton 2010 Offical Football Schedule

Guest Jmeek

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="779852" timestamp="1269177797"]
That clears that up. It puts your kinfolk in the same boat as you and I with Kirbyville and Newton. We're not in the coaching ranks for either team and I bet neither are your kinfolk with Daingerfield. Being in 2A there is no spring practice to evaluate talent and it has to be left to practice at the end of summer. Can't even call 'em two-a-days in Newton anymore. Haven't had those in years. That's lots of time for kids to mature as well as grow physically. There are systems at all three schools that take athletes and make better athletes and no way am I going to agree that a two time defending state champion system is going to decline as a "known fact". They obviously lost seniors both years preceding their titles and their coaches were able to replace what they lost. Can they do it again? All I know is they are the Champions until playoff time this fall.
[/quote]

Ok.... ;D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jmeek
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="779852" timestamp="1269177797"]
That clears that up. It puts your kinfolk in the same boat as you and I with Kirbyville and Newton. We're not in the coaching ranks for either team and I bet neither are your kinfolk with Daingerfield. Being in 2A there is no spring practice to evaluate talent and it has to be left to practice at the end of summer. Can't even call 'em two-a-days in Newton anymore. Haven't had those in years. That's lots of time for kids to mature as well as grow physically. There are systems at all three schools that take athletes and make better athletes and no way am I going to agree that a two time defending state champion system is going to decline as a "known fact". They obviously lost seniors both years preceding their titles and their coaches were able to replace what they lost. Can they do it again? All I know is they are the Champions until playoff time this fall.
[/quote]
Dangerfield was stacked for the nxt 3 years when they won the title in 2007 , I want to see if they can win again in 2011 because they have a real good chance this year. Next year will be the rebuilding year for them.

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="780136" timestamp="1269265051"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=65691.msg779852#msg779852 date=1269177797]
[/quote]
Dangerfield was stacked for the nxt 3 years when they won the title in 2007 , I want to see if they can win again in 2011 because they have a real good chance this year. Next year will be the rebuilding year for them.
[/quote]

The seniors this coming season will be great.  The juniors are only average in my opinion.  The sophomores and freshmen however are both very talented.  Maybe as talented as this year's seniors. 

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Ned11str8" post="782401" timestamp="1269626615"]
Thanks wise guy , the question was not: Can anyone from a town that I have never heard of please post some lude statements about their fantasies ?

[/quote]

:D :D :D  good one..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="759135" timestamp="1266007495"]
They stil lost alot of Seniors. [b]and where is all these Fbs guys[/b]?

[/quote]

Three of them have committed so far.

Steve Edmond (LB) - Texas
Shayvion Hatten (OT) - TCU
Keyarris Garrett (WR) - Tulsa

Three others may be getting close to committing as well. 

• 1 month later...
[quote name="franksnbeans" post="791927" timestamp="1271687201"]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=65691.msg759135#msg759135 date=1266007495]
They stil lost alot of Seniors. [b]and where is all these Fbs guys[/b]?

[/quote]

Three of them have committed so far.

Steve Edmond (LB) - Texas
Shayvion Hatten (OT) - TCU
Keyarris Garrett (WR) - Tulsa

Three others may be getting close to committing as well. 
[/quote]

Donald Bryant (OT/DE) has committed to Baylor
Tyler Boyd (QB) has several offers but has yet to commit.
David Mims (WR/DB) has offers from Rice and Louisiana Monroe.  Mims broke his leg and may miss the entire season. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami