*SILSBEE @ HAMSHIRE-FANNETT BROADCAST THREAD*/SILSBEE WINS 88-40!!!

Scoring for both teams

Silsbee

Kelton Gaines      17  (3/4 from 3 point land, season high points)
Prentice Lane      13  (2/4 from 3 point land)
Avory Thomas      13  ( 10 boards, 6 block shots, 4 dunks!)
D.C. Stallworth    11  ( 6 rebounds)
Ronald Barrett      9  ( 8 rebounds)
Waylon Lockett      9
Kendrick Jones      8  ( 7 rebounds, 2 block shots )
Xavior Harris          4
Leroy Simmons      2
Willie Busby          2

Hamshire-Fannett

Phillip Williams      12
Logan Johnson      9
Enrico Daniese      8
Stormy Crutchfield  4
Jarron Brown          3
Dante Smith          3
Lance Browning      1

Score by quarters

1      2      3      4      tot
Silsbee                  23    24      30    11      88
HF                          5      12      13    10      40

Foul shooting:

Silsbee was 12/22 for 54%, HF was 6/16, 37%.

3 point shooting:

Silsbee was 7/12 for 58%, HF was 2/10, 20%.

Turnovers:

Silsbee 15
HF      24

Rebounding

Silsbee    52
HF          26

Silsbee dominated this game from start to finish. The Tigers killed the Horns on the boards, out rebounding the shorter Longhorns 52-26, double the rebounds!!! Also, this was the best 3 point shooting night for Silsbee all season. They hit 7 of 12 from 3 point land, with the 7 being the high mark for the season so far. Silsbee's man pressure caused 24 turnovers by HF. All 10 Tiger players scored tonight as the Silsbee starters played maybe a total of 12 minutes tonight. The second 5 got plenty of playing time tonight.

Kelton Gaines had his best night tonight with 17 points, 3 three pointers, to lead Silsbee. Also Silsbee post man Avory Thomas had 13 points, 10 boards and another 6 block shots. Avory had 4 dunks tonight, 1 of which brought the house down.

There were two highlight dunks tonight. Avory's alley oop from an inbounds pass from Prentice Lane was great as he dunked on top of two HF players. But the big dunk tonight came from '6"2 jr. Xavior Harris. Silsbee was shooting a one and one from the foul line and missed the front end but Harris snaked his way in and caught the rebound in mid air and flushed it home!!!!! Spectacular!!!

Another solid win for the Tigers as they now focus in on HJ for Friday night!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="750221" timestamp="1264571927"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=65206.msg750187#msg750187 date=1264567062]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65206.msg750083#msg750083 date=1264562370]
I'm waiting on u Aggie to come down
[/quote]

You should have came up.
[/quote]I didn't know you were slipp'n thru the back door to run out.
[/quote]

Hey, I went in and out of the doors that the HF administration told me to use. There was no slippin. You saw me, but I don't know you. You should have took the initiative to come up and say hello.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="750224" timestamp="1264573312"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65206.msg750221#msg750221 date=1264571927]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=65206.msg750187#msg750187 date=1264567062]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65206.msg750083#msg750083 date=1264562370]
I'm waiting on u Aggie to come down
[/quote]

You should have came up.
[/quote]I didn't know you were slipp'n thru the back door to run out.
[/quote]
Hey, I went in and out of the doors that the HF administration told me to use. There was no slippin. You saw me, but I don't know you. You should have took the initiative to come up and say hello.
[/quote]There was a sheriff by the door and I was wondering if he was your personal bodyguard. I told you I was coming so I thought you took precautions ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="750272" timestamp="1264602594"]
Aggie, on a serious note here, last night was my first time really watching HF varsity play a real good team and probably the first full game I've ever seen them play. I'm curious about what analysis do you have about the HF team? I mean, whats missing with this team?
[/quote]I know I'm not AAW, but when they played HJ they lacked in a lot of the team fundamentals.  They could dribble and sometimes shoot, but there was no cohesiveness.

Blocking out? No.
Able to break the press?  No.
Any type of designed offensive plays?  No.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="750371" timestamp="1264609919"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65206.msg750326#msg750326 date=1264606525]
I welcome comments from all who saw the game, especially Silsbee fans.
[/quote]Wow! Was I just "Swagged"?  And were the "Sprinkles" with it?
[/quote]I was welcoming your comment plus anyone else who had seen the game. Even Silsbee fans ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="750272" timestamp="1264602594"]
Aggie, on a serious note here, last night was my first time really watching HF varsity play a real good team and probably the first full game I've ever seen them play. I'm curious about what analysis do you have about the HF team? I mean, whats missing with this team?
[/quote]

As for HF, they didn't look too terrible. They have a couple of kids (Phillip Williams and Logan Johnson) that play hard and battle for points inside. HF's shooting from the perimeter is not up to par but most teams don't shoot well against Silsbee because of their length. Silsbee plays about as well a perimeter defense as they come. I though HF would shoot the ball better than what they showed. They were also bad from the foul line, shooting under 40%.

HF got destroyed on the boards last night but that could be because of who they played.

HF's guard play wasn't too bad, they did turn it over 24 times, but they also got some steals. Crutchfield was able to penetrate at times but couldn't finish off the plays.

To be honest Blue, the Longhorns played with no confidence last night. It showed in how they shot the ball and how badly they got out rebounded.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="750447" timestamp="1264618197"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65206.msg750272#msg750272 date=1264602594]
[/quote]

As for HF, they didn't look too terrible. They have a couple of kids (Phillip Williams and Logan Johnson) that play hard and battle for points inside. HF's shooting from the perimeter is not up to par but most teams don't shoot well against Silsbee because of their length. Silsbee plays about as well a perimeter defense as they come. I though HF would shoot the ball better than what they showed. They were also bad from the foul line, shooting under 40%.

HF got destroyed on the boards last night but that could be because of who they played.

HF's guard play wasn't too bad, they did turn it over 24 times, but they also got some steals. Crutchfield was able to penetrate at times but couldn't finish off the plays.

To be honest Blue, the Longhorns played with no confidence last night. It showed in how they shot the ball and how badly they got out rebounded.
[/quote]Interesting Aggie, I told a couple of parents before the game started that the HF players lacked  confidence. You could see it in their eyes. Silsbee 10-0 before the game starts.

[quote name="iknoweverthing2" post="750818" timestamp="1264661636"]
dude why would u broadcast a game like hf and silsbee.. everyone knows what will happen.. isnt nederland and ozen a better match to broadcast...oh i forgot all u care about is silsbee.. u are not a setx boardmember , u are a silsbee maniac who only cares about silsbee........GO TIGERS
[/quote]Think before you type.

[quote name="tokenwb" post="750832" timestamp="1264683588"]
[quote author=iknoweverthing2 link=topic=65206.msg750818#msg750818 date=1264661636]
dude why would u broadcast a game like hf and silsbee.. everyone knows what will happen.. isnt nederland and ozen a better match to broadcast...oh i forgot all u care about is silsbee.. u are not a setx boardmember , u are a silsbee maniac who only cares about silsbee........GO TIGERS
[/quote]Think before you type.
[/quote] :D :D

[quote name="iknoweverthing2" post="750818" timestamp="1264661636"]
[/quote]

Dude, we broadcast all of Silsbee's athletics because we have a contract with Silsbee ISD. We have sponsors that has paid for Silsbee athletics to be broadcast here on this site.

It was the same way in football and will be in baseball. We broadcast the schools that we have gotten contracts and sponsors for. We only freelance other games when they do not conflict with our contract schools.

Comprende'?

BTW, didn't Ozen win by 32. Can't say that was a much better matchup. If I would have done any game other than the Silsbee game, it would have been the WOS/HJ game. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="750952" timestamp="1264698779"]
[quote author=iknoweverthing2 link=topic=65206.msg750818#msg750818 date=1264661636]
[/quote]

Dude, we broadcast all of Silsbee's athletics because we have a contract with Silsbee ISD. We have sponsors that has paid for Silsbee athletics to be broadcast here on this site.

It was the same way in football and will be in baseball. We broadcast the schools that we have gotten contracts and sponsors for. We only freelance other games when they do not conflict with our contract schools.

Comprende'?

BTW, didn't Ozen win by 32. Can't say that was a much better matchup. If I would have done any game other than the Silsbee game, it would have been the WOS/HJ game. ;)
[/quote]One of the few times this guy has made sense. Keep taking your meds!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="751093" timestamp="1264714028"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=65206.msg750952#msg750952 date=1264698779]
[/quote]

Comprende'?

[/quote]

Which one are your referring to, Dove? ;D

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="751139" timestamp="1264719412"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65206.msg751093#msg751093 date=1264714028]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=65206.msg750952#msg750952 date=1264698779]
[/quote]

Comprende'?

[/quote]

Which one are your referring to, Dove? ;D
[/quote]Aggie!!!! of course ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476