What in the world is goin on with Tarkington?!

The only reason why tarkington scored that many points is cause cleveland stoped pressing with in the first 4 mins it was already twenty something to 3 trust me if they pressed them the hole game it would have been way worse they might have not even broke 40 and cleveland prob would have scored alot more tarkington is very very weak if you cant get top 3 in this district then your team is bad.

That was not directed to you but your comment was harsh.....but this district does have the best team in the region and you are right the other teams are not on that level.  The district usually has two solid teams with Coldspring and Cleveland and if I am not mistaken Splendora has beaten Hardin Jefferson and WOS in 05-06 and 06-07 respectively to knock them out of the playoffs.  I am not saying that the district is better than theirs but you saying that they are all "very horrible" is wrong.  However, the distict is definitely down this year.

[quote name="sports fan 929" post="749762" timestamp="1264529318"]
The only reason why tarkington scored that many points is cause cleveland stoped pressing with in the first 4 mins it was already twenty something to 3 trust me if they pressed them the hole game it would have been way worse they might have not even broke 40 and cleveland prob would have scored alot more tarkington is very very weak if you cant get top 3 in this district then your team is bad.
[/quote]

Actually that is VERY VERY inaccurate. Cleveland pressed the entire game and shot every three they could take. Even shot one at the buzzer. The indians went out to score every point they could get and that number was 119. The reason Tarkington scored as many points as they did was from the pace of the game. Every other team in that district tries to play a slow down game and take cleveland out of the run. Tarkington went in there and just did what they have done in each of the few games I have seen. RUN RUN RUN. Why waste a week of practice changing your game plan for one game you're probably going to lose anyway? Cleveland is on a different level than anyone else in 22-3A

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="749584" timestamp="1264475761"]
At last count, I have watched and/or broadcasted a total of 54 games just this season, covering from Woodville to Winnie and Orange to Cleveland.

I saw Tarkington last year also in the EC tourney as I covered that tournament exclusively last year. Like I said, they are better than they were last year.

I'll put my knowledge of basketball up against your's any day, Hup.
[/quote]

I am no basketball expert, and never said one word about your basketball understanding, but I am quite sure I know more about Tarkington's program than you do.  You show your arrogance and ignorance by taking the bait to comment on a thread that has nothing to do with a team that you even remotely follow.  We you have watched them year in year out for 10+ years come back and we can discuss where this year's team fits into the historical perspective of Longhorn basketball.  Until then go put down someone else and their program as you are an expert of basketball knowledge.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="749576" timestamp="1264475030"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=65158.msg749549#msg749549 date=1264472581]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=65158.msg749136#msg749136 date=1264390869]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=65158.msg749128#msg749128 date=1264390519]
The basketball gods of Silsbee and HJ have spoken...

Are were you fishing for someone who actually knows something about the team to respond?

[/quote]

Actually Hup, I saw Tarkington play twice this season, at the EC tourney. I am sorry, I wasn't too impressed. But, if it makes you feel any better, they are better than they have been in the past. ;)
[/quote]

I hardly think you are qualified to talk about what Tarkington has been in the past and how this team compares to past teams.  Nevertheless, you gave the guy what he was looking for which was for someone to trash Tarkington.  Silsbee and HJ fans always seem eager to put down anyone else in 3A in the area. 
[/quote]

You gotta be kidding he's probably seen more basketball this year than you ever have
[/quote]

You obviously did not comprehend what I said properly so let me clarify for you..'[b]I hardly think you are qualified to talk about what Tarkington has been in the past and how this team compares to past teams'[/b]..does not mean AAW does not understand basketball, [i]afterall he has announced 54 games which would make anyone quite the expert.[/i]  It however does mean and was meant to convey the fact he is not familiar enough with Tarkington to make blanket statements about the quality of this year's team compared to those of the past. 

To spell it out even more clearly as I have hinted at in more than one of my post on here, the creator of this thread was looking for people to trash Tarkington's program.  Moderators generally are thought to be those who would respect teams and team's coaches by discouraging threads that are obviously intended to flame on the players and coaches.  Unfortunately that is not the case on this particular thread as the first two response by AAW and Lazeek did exactly what ttown wanted which was to begin to put down the Longhorns.  THE END

Splendora beat liberty by 25 last night.....ttownball, you play for tarkington, so maybe you should not get on here and bad mouth your coach....problem is the parents of the self-proclaimed "studs" on the team are upset with the coach, and so they go home and tell the kids how great they are and bash the coach, what else do you expect to happen

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont