Why doesn't KVLU broadcast LU Basketball Home Games?

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
I got held up late at work today and was unable to make it to the LU womens basketball game.  I tuned into KVLU thinking they might broadcast the home games.  No such luck.  I know one arguement against broadcasting games is that people will listen to the radio instead of showing up at the Montagne Center.  I propose that making the games available on the radio will help to build the fan base so that more fans will want to attend.  Any comments?

KVLU was taken over by the "adults" in the 1970s. For a time, they would allow student type programs. They have never really had sports broadcasts. I remember back in the late 1970s as part of a speech class, doing a radio play about 10pm one Saturday night. I think the only people listening were the student's parents, and girlfriends/boyfriends..... Now on KVLU all you pretty much get is something like " The Cleveland Symphony Orchestra and the Brandenburg Concerto #4 in G Major."....:D

Guest coachacola
[quote name="LUFAN" post="747408" timestamp="1264092775"]
What does success have to do with the University radio station not covering University events...
[/quote]

If KVLU doesn't make money from the broadcasts then they and LU have to work out some kind of deal.  KVLI is a powerful station and LU is lucky to have them carrying their men's games.  If the women's team can keep winning then maybe they'll work something out.  If not with KLVI then maybe another station.

KBMT used to broadcast some of the men's basketball games but don't anymore.  If Roc can turn the program around and start winning big again then maybe we'll see more of the men's games on TV.  Teams need success to drive up demand.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder