Central @ Nederland Updates........Central Wins

Central dominated the Dogs in this game, though Nederland did show a spark in the 3rd quarter, but it wasn't near enough to get anything rolling. Central had great defense against Nederlands weak guard play. There was even the worst clear call at the end of the 3rd (maybe, I forgot which quarter) in which Nederland was given 2 points literally a second or two after the buzzer went off.

I don't see Central losing another game in district play this season.

As for the Dogs, they have a lot to work on, especially breaking a press and playing against pressure defense around the arc.

[quote name="The3point14" post="742965" timestamp="1263351728"]
Central dominated the Dogs in this game, though Nederland did show a spark in the 3rd quarter, but it wasn't near enough to get anything rolling. Central had great defense against Nederlands weak guard play. There was even the worst clear call at the end of the 3rd (maybe, I forgot which quarter) in which Nederland was given 2 points literally a second or two after the buzzer went off.

I don't see Central losing another game in district play this season.

As for the Dogs, they have a lot to work on, especially breaking a press and playing against pressure defense around the arc.
[/quote]Really good assessment.  I will add that Central closed out really well when it seems Nederland had open shots.  Central's Bigs played really well against Forney in the middle, even though they were outsized and out strenghth  (is that even a word?).  That last second shot at the end of three killed me!  It was clearly after the buzzer.    I think that we need more work on spreading the ball like we did in the fourth quarter.  Know who needs to have the ball.  No. 10, No. 5, and Kris should be the only guards allowed to handle the ball when you are spreading the floor.  Heard is fast and made some really good plays and played good defense, but he do not need to be on the floor when we are doing this.  Other than that, we played a great game.  I look forward to us improving a lot if we are still on the quest to win district.  We still have Ozen to deal with.  Also the unknown, Livingston, who we have yet to beat since they have been in our district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124