High School and Select

beanball

[quote name="beanball" post="742790" timestamp="1263327443"]
Does it matter what high school you play for as long as you play select?  Are some high schools better for baseball players than others?
[/quote]

Now beanball, I'm not picking on you specifically, but I will use your post to start the debate anew...Does the perception that select ball is of more importance than the high school team you play for, feed into the belief that select players are more "important" than the guys that aren't select?  Does this diminish a team's cohesiveness?  Maybe, the question should be...does it matter which select team I play on, as long as I am a member of my high school's baseball team?  Right now, beanball makes it seem (though unintentionally) that you can "shop around" for a high school that will add to your baseball resume...

It is entirely possible that beanball is moving into the area, and wants to know which schools have the best baseball "traditions".  But the way the question was worded made me wonder...

Yes, we may be moving.  I have a talented baseball player, but, don't want to pick a school based on their baseball program.  We pick our schools based on academics.  A few of our academic choices do not have strong baseball programs. My concern and question is, if I can't rely on the school baseball program to be an avenue for my child is it "enough" to just have Select baseball as an option? In a perfect world, I would find a school with great academics along with a strong baseball program.

[quote name="beanball" post="743187" timestamp="1263394794"]
Yes, we may be moving.  I have a talented baseball player, but, don't want to pick a school based on their baseball program.  We pick our schools based on academics.  A few of our academic choices do not have strong baseball programs, therefore, as long as my child is in Select, should I feel that is enough?  My concern and question is, if I can't rely on the school baseball program to be an avenue for my child is it ok because we will have Select as well.  In a perfect world, I would find a school with great academics along with a strong baseball program.
[/quote]

If you are w/ the correct select team that is enough.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="beanball" post="742790" timestamp="1263327443"]
Does it matter what high school you play for as long as you play select?  Are some high schools better for baseball players than others?
[/quote]

If you can play, they WILL find you. A good "select" program will do nothing but help.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="westend1" post="743199" timestamp="1263395286"]
If he is as talented as you say, he should probably go to Westbrook.             ;) ;D
[/quote]

You forgot that he also wants a "quality" education.  ;)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="743216" timestamp="1263396864"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=64661.msg743199#msg743199 date=1263395286]
If he is as talented as you say, he should probably go to Westbrook.             ;) ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

i know you didn't go there.  At Brook, you just need to stay in the honors classes, and the education is as good as you get anywhere.  If this was just a joke, sorry, I missed it.                ;)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="westend1" post="743238" timestamp="1263398371"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64661.msg743216#msg743216 date=1263396864]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=64661.msg743199#msg743199 date=1263395286]
[/quote]

[/quote]

i know you didn't go there.   At Brook, you just need to stay in the honors classes, and the education is as good as you get anywhere.   If this was just a joke, sorry, I missed it.                ;)
[/quote]

You missed it.

[quote name="The Voice" post="743742" timestamp="1263481256"]

www.lcmcisd.org  Check out the numbers.   Good luck with you decision. Contact me if you have any questions.
[/quote]

Why is the kids face blurred out in the picture that scrolls across on the homepage of that link?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Hott Sauce" post="744431" timestamp="1263585510"]
[quote author=The Voice link=topic=64661.msg743742#msg743742 date=1263481256]

www.lcmcisd.org  Check out the numbers.   Good luck with you decision. Contact me if you have any questions.
[/quote]

Why is the kids face blurred out in the picture that scrolls across on the homepage of that link?
[/quote]

May not have parental consent to display that students image.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder