LU football adds to roster, gets gift from Conn's

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
Here's a few annoying things about the LU athletics website:

The last entry to the Construction Blog was made on September 16th, almost 4 months ago!

The Facilities and Directions link doesn't include the football stadium or the new soccer stadium.

North Texas created a website just for their new stadium with drawings and other nice features.  Lamar has done nothing to show off what the renovated stadium will look like.  How will that draw recruits?

The Photo Galleries link hasn't been updated with stadium renovations since the summer.

Can't they recruit some students to help update the website?

It's wierd because the baseball page is updated daily throughout the season, and frequently throughout the off season as well. There is tons of links to everything baseball related, and great rosters/bios and coaching stuff, as well as info on the Beck. But with football, they have a long way. I know there has got to be tons of kids at Lamar that would love to contribute and could get that site, or any future site, looking great. They just choose not to do it I believe.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="ForeverADog" post="744033" timestamp="1263507183"]
I just don't think the SID desk that controls the website has time to deal with football right now while they are trying to salvage a basketball season that keeps having declining attendence. Plus with Lamar's budget they are probably short a few people
[/quote]

I detect sarcasm in that post!  I doubt the SID can do much to improve the play of the basketball team.  :D

But I'm still somewhat amazed that after all these years of mediocrity that basketball attendance is still head and shoulders above the rest of the SLC.

As for as Lamar's athletic budget, it has been pretty pathetic in the past, but last year it did top $8 million which was higher than a lot of budgets in the SLC.  I think the SID just needs to make the internet a priority, it can't take much time or money to update the Construction Blog or post more drawings and photos of the stadium on their website!!

[quote name="coachacola" post="743362" timestamp="1263405566"]
Here's a few annoying things about the LU athletics website:

The last entry to the Construction Blog was made on September 16th, almost 4 months ago!

The Facilities and Directions link doesn't include the football stadium or the new soccer stadium.

North Texas created a website just for their new stadium with drawings and other nice features.  Lamar has done nothing to show off what the renovated stadium will look like.  How will that draw recruits?

The Photo Galleries link hasn't been updated with stadium renovations since the summer.

Can't they recruit some students to help update the website?
[/quote] Amen...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed