Tarkington vs Coldspring / Predictions?

UKCats

[quote name="CATMAN" post="739680" timestamp="1262837763"]
Coldspring---------by----------20 ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

that won't happen, if the Horns play their game reasonably well and keep the right personnel on the floor MOST of the time this [i]could[/i] be a real statement game for them. no two games between teams is ever the same but the first time they met (Goodrich tournament) it took a near cataclysmic meltdown by the Horns for CS to stay in the game with them (credit where credit is due, CS hung in there to give themselves a chance in the end which they capitalized on).

Horns big guy is back in earnest and he is a force (when he's on the floor not the bench), CS is quick but the Horns are to a man very athletic too. they didn't show that athleticism as much in the EC tourney [i]supposedly[/i] because there was concern they wouldn't be able to press for 6 games in 3 days after the break (they were off for 9, count 'em nine days between their last game and the tourney start on Monday). if their shooters hit a rhythm, watch out...they put up 88 at the expense of Houston Heights Tuesday night, and that wasn't exactly shooting the lights out, they have 100+ pt. potential. they do also tend to give up alot of pts in a fast game though.

games are played on the court not the forums so i don't have a "prediction" other than i think the Horns are poised to surprise alot of folks, it's up to them to deliver. IF CS has an edge its where they play and even that won't be enough if the Horns bring their A or even B+ game. It's certainly not worth 20 pts., give the kids some credit, they're pretty darn good.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="739680" timestamp="1262837763"]
Coldspring---------by----------20 ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

catman i must now eat crow  :-[ , CS by 23, 75-52

after their first meeting i had said CS played "clean and hard", looking back maybe the "clean" part of that was mis-perception based on having just seen the Horns play another "H" team that usually makes a new york mugging look like a group hug at a red hat convention. CS played hard still, give 'em that, but clean???....ehhhh, nawsomuch. now they did win fair and square don't get me wrong, nobody in ttown should think they were cheated unless somebody was saran wrapping the rim between timeouts.....not in the varsity BOYS game anyway....now in the other games of the evening, lets just say that one would think adults would act like adults especially if they're given the responsibility of being impartial and i'm not just referring to those in uniform.

ttowners better hope that the Horns make some adjustments soon or it's gonna be another long cold winter in the flatland. they did do a much better job of not turning the ball over as much tonight and they got plenty of misspent looks, but defensively it's hard to defend 3 on 2 and 2 on 1 under the goal time after time. when the shooters are struggling the defensive plan better be spot on and effective....or somebody is gonna be eating crow-i'll take mine well done.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder