PORT ARTHUR NEWS 38TH ANNUAL SUPER TEAM- 2009

SgtRey

[b]PORT ARTHUR NEWS 38TH ANNUAL SUPER TEAM[/b]

[b]OFFENSE[/b]

[b]Pos.: Player          School                  Hgt.  Wgt.              CLASS.[/b]
[b]WR:[/b] Spencer DeRon,  Port Neches-Groves 6-3   200          Sr.
[b]WR:[/b] Ryan Brady,       Nederland 6-1 190                          Sr.
[b]WR:[/b] Keenan Holman,  Beaumont Central 6-2 180               Sr.
[b]WR:[/b] Zack Sonnier,     Little Cypress-Mauriceville 6-0 170    Jr.
[b]T:[/b] Greg Lunceford,    Port Neches-Groves 6-6 280            Sr.
[b]T:[/b] Justin Brock,        Beaumont West Brook 6-4 225          Jr.
[b]C:[/b] Klete LeBlanc,      Port Neches-Groves 6-3 230             Sr.
[b]G:[/b] Marcquis Pitre,     Port Arthur Memorial 5-11 275           Sr.
[b]C-G:[/b] Roynald Allen,   Beaumont West Brook 5-9 195          Sr.
[b]QB:[/b] Bruce Reyes,      Beaumont West Brook 5-10 165        Jr.
[b]RB:[/b] Jeremy Cooper,   Beaumont West Brook 5-10 175        Sr.
[b]RB:[/b] Caleb Harmon,    Port Neches-Groves 5-9 190             Sr.
[b]RB:[/b] Keith O'Neal,      Beaumont Central 5-8 170                Sr.

[b]SPECIAL TEAMS/UTILITY[/b]

[b]Pos.: Player          School                  Hgt.  Wgt.              CLASS.[/b]

[b]P-K:[/b] Taylor Trahan,  Nederland 5-8 190                          Sr.
[b]P-K:[/b] Derrick Evans,  Orangefield 5-11 170                       Sr.
[b]UT:[/b] K'Sean Wesley,  Port Arthur Memorial 6-0 200            Jr.
[b]UT:[/b] Matt Menard,    Bridge City 6-0 185                         Soph.

[b]DEFENSE[/b]

[b]DE:[/b] Ben Goodman,   Beaumont West Brook 6-3 225          Jr.
[b]DE:[/b] Dallas Davis,     Port Neches-Groves 6-5 260             Sr.
[b]DL:[/b] DeQuane Bennett, Beaumont West Brook 5-8 215       Sr.
[b]DL:[/b] Stephen Cook,  West Orange-Stark 6-1 235              Sr.
[b]DE-LB:[/b] D.J. Schexnider, Port Neches-Groves 6-1 185        Jr.
[b]LB:[/b] Jacoby Hale,     Beaumont Central 6-2 200                Sr.
[b]LB:[/b] Collin Garrett,    Beaumont West Brook 6-1 185          Jr.
[b]LB:[/b] William Jones,    Beaumont Central 5-11 220              Sr.
[b]LB:[/b] Earl Hines,        Port Arthur Memorial 6-1 215            Sr.
[b]DB:[/b] Ore' Dunbar,     Port Neches-Groves 5-11 170           Sr.
[b]DB:[/b] Josh Wilson,     Beaumont West Brook 5-9 175          Sr.
[b]DB:[/b] Nick Bryant,     Beaumont West Brook 5-10 185         Jr.
[b]DB:[/b] James Haynes, West Orange-Stark 6-1 190              Sr.

[b]SPECIAL HONORS[/b]

[b]MOST VALUABLE PLAYER:[/b] Bruce Reyes, Beaumont West Brook  Jr.

[b]OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:[/b] Caleb Harmon, Port Neches-Groves Sr.

[b]DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:[/b] Jacoby Hale, Beaumont Central Sr.

[b]COACH OF THE YEAR:[/b] Craig Stump, Beaumont West Brook

[move]CONGRADS TO THESE FINE YOUNG MEN ON A GREAT SEASON!!!... 8)[/move]

T: Greg Lunceford,    Port Neches-Groves 6-6 280            Sr.

Wow Greg grew about 3 inches and gained about 30 pounds overnight. He also moved up a grade (he is a Jr.)! I know his dad goes 6'8" and his brother was about 6'6", but Greg is only about 6'3".

Not any love for those Vidor Linemen or RB's on any of these teams. Really suprises me.

Also quite shocked that Stump got coach of the year. He did a great job and made I nice run and jsut about any other year I would agree, but a first time coach turning around a 3-6 last place finisher into an 11-1 team that lost in a nail bitter to the possible State Champs? Oh Well. Congrats to all these young men and Coach Stump. He is an excellent coach (Just wonder how much longer WB can keep him at that salary?)

[quote name="badndn" post="732017" timestamp="1261035490"]

Wow Greg grew about 3 inches and gained about 30 pounds overnight. He also moved up a grade (he is a Jr.)! I know his dad goes 6'8" and his brother was about 6'6", but Greg is only about 6'3".

Not any love for those Vidor Linemen or RB's on any of these teams. Really suprises me.

Also quite shocked that Stump got coach of the year. He did a great job and made I nice run and jsut about any other year I would agree, but a first time coach turning around a 3-6 last place finisher into an 11-1 team that lost in a nail bitter to the possible State Champs? Oh Well. Congrats to all these young men and Coach Stump. He is an excellent coach (Just wonder how much longer WB can keep him at that salary?)
[/quote]the salary will change

[quote name="badndn" post="732017" timestamp="1261035490"]

[/quote]
Mr Greg's size was not increased by me, nor was his class...I got the info from the hand out...Do you really think coach stump would leave before his boys got through WB??  I say Faircloth leaves when Stump leaves....cause when stump leaves faircloth will be coaching my younger son...@ WB.... :o :o :o

You guys either forget or don't realize that Beaumont pays all three coaches the same salary. Last I looked Stump was making less than $80K a year. Same as Washington and Nelson. He will be offered $95K+ somewhere and WB will not be able to counter because it would cost them 45K+ and they are not about to pay Nelson or Washington $95K!

He also is not going to be AD at WB. And wherever he goes, he will bring his son's with him. Besides I hear that there is or was another Freshman that started over his son this year??(is this correct?)

If Faircloth leaves PNG, it will be for Permian! Of course Permians own Coach Allman who was a Permian allum left for Austin Westlake and $125K a year this year (and they are playing for th state title this weekend). I think if Faircloth gets paid (and PNG will pay) he will stay for a while. The key will be keeping all of the great assistant coaches he brought in (several will be HC candidates very soon somewhere).

[quote name="badndn" post="732118" timestamp="1261065387"]
You guys either forget or don't realize that Beaumont pays all three coaches the same salary. Last I looked Stump was making less than $80K a year. Same as Washington and Nelson. He will be offered $95K+ somewhere and WB will not be able to counter because it would cost them 45K+ and they are not about to pay Nelson or Washington $95K!

He also is not going to be AD at WB. And wherever he goes, he will bring his son's with him. Besides I hear that there is or was another Freshman that started over his son this year??(is this correct?)

If Faircloth leaves PNG, it will be for Permian! Of course Permians own Coach Allman who was a Permian allum left for Austin Westlake and $125K a year this year (and they are playing for th state title this weekend). I think if Faircloth gets paid (and PNG will pay) he will stay for a while. The key will be keeping all of the great assistant coaches he brought in (several will be HC candidates very soon somewhere).
[/quote]

Yeah but Stump gets free parking just outside the field house and they have a huge ice machine.

He also is not going to be AD at WB. And wherever he goes, he will bring his son's with him. [b]Besides I hear that there is or was another Freshman that started over his son this year??(is this correct?)[/b]
[/quote]

Stump Jr was on JV and played about 1/2 the season...he got hurt a week before being pulled up to Varsity....but there was no one else....I wouldn't see Faircloth going back to west Texas...allum or not...unless he gets offered some crazy amount of money...Faircloth will cut out like the Cincinatti coach did for Notre Dame... 8)

[quote name="SgtRey" post="732339" timestamp="1261096513"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=63895.msg732118#msg732118 date=1261065387]

He also is not going to be AD at WB. And wherever he goes, he will bring his son's with him. [b]Besides I hear that there is or was another Freshman that started over his son this year??(is this correct?)[/b]
[/quote]

Stump Jr was on JV and played about 1/2 the season...he got hurt a week before being pulled up to Varsity....but there was no one else....[b]I wouldn't see Faircloth going back to west Texas...allum or not...unless he gets offered some crazy amount of money[/b]...Faircloth will cut out like the Cincinatti coach did for Notre Dame... 8)[/quote]
Well??Faircloth took the PNG job, then about a month and a half later Allman left for Westlake (which was a shocker to Permian folks). Permian people were very upset because had they known about Allman and the Westlake deal they would have promoted Faircloth (they really liked him alot). As it turns out Permian did not go out and find a young new coach, they replaced Allman with the retired coach from the Friday Night Lights era, which looks like a short term fix while they watch to see if Faircloth has success here. I think PNG would match any salary that Permian put up, but I would say that Westlake money would be hard to match. I'm just glad that we have an influx of great young coaches back in SETX! They are putting us back on the TXHS Football Map.

[quote name="API steve" post="732483" timestamp="1261137460"]
I don't think Faircloths wife wants to return to Permian, you know what they say. If she ain't happy no one is. He should be coach of the year, no doubt. PA News was behind this? They really love PNG LOL......................
[/quote]
If she aint happy, usually coaches arent around anyway...til the summer....then they can go on vacation and visit PNG, LOL.. :D :D

[/quote]

stump makes more than the other two coaches...

[quote name="fanofthegame7" post="733984" timestamp="1261429872"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=63895.msg732118#msg732118 date=1261065387]
[/quote]
stump makes more than the other two coaches...
[/quote]
You got proof? Last I read they all made either $72K or $76K. Stump will get an offer somewhere in the next few years for $95K to $105K. Do you think Beaumont will match it? I don't.
On the other hand I know that PNG was ready to give Danaher $100K and if Faircloth continues what he has started next year, the PNG School Board will pay him enough to keep him around.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder