What's Your Take after the First Tournaments

whsalum

I haven't seen many surprises so far on the season.Here are a few observations by classification.

5A-Memorial will be better since the new AD took the reigns down there.
4A-The Ozen faithful may have a stroke if they don't turn around.Central could win the district crown.
3A-Silsbee and HJ are where they should be but don't sleep on WOS or our neighbors to the west in Cleveland.
2A-Kountze is better than I thought they would be.E/C,Anahuac look to be be the other 2 contenders for playoff spots in that district.
1A-Spurger is head and shoulders above anyone else I've seen play at this level.Sabine Pass has started slow but hopefully will shake off the football legs pretty quick.Evadale has to be the surprise team in 1-A they look better than I thought would.What dou ya'll think about your clubs after the 2nd week???

5a Memorial stands alone in this area. Watched them this year and doubt they lose a district game.
4a Everyone is very close in my eyes
3a WOS will give the big dogs a run for there money
2a Kountze will hurt some teams feelings. Saw them at Ozen awhile ago
1a Haven't seen Spurger play but ill take people word on them
    Sabine has had some tough games and can not be judge by their record. Very good ball club.

After watching this weekend Tournaments games , There is little dough that Koun. is as strong as any team in the area. The other teams that were impressave were The Evadale Rebels, and the East Chambers Buc's. The Rebels play two really strong games to win 3, there inside game is strong and their outside shooter can hit the openshot. The Bucs were ahead in ever game by 10 points, but ran out of gas to lose in the 4 Qr And I know you have to play all 4 Qrs. But not bad for only having 1 prac. and 1 game going in to the Toun. As soon as they get their Basketball legs and learn to play with their new center they will make some noise in Dist. play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83