HJ over Barbers Hill

Guest stevenash

Guest stevenash
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="723843" timestamp="1259967996"]
I thought that HJ did not have anyone that can shoot from outside???
[/quote]

Thats right.  Just one of the many reasons they will finish fourth in district this year.

[quote name="stevenash" post="723874" timestamp="1259970921"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=63379.msg723843#msg723843 date=1259967996]
I thought that HJ did not have anyone that can shoot from outside???
[/quote]

Thats right.  Just one of the many reasons they will finish fourth in district this year.
[/quote]
but ahead of Silsbee?

[quote name="86hawk" post="724019" timestamp="1259992639"]
When did BH get a boys bball team? Back in the day is was a sure thing and the only challenge was getting to 100. Glad to see they are catching up with their girls program.
[/quote]

They have been a pretty good team now for the last 10 or so years.  Had one of the best players in SE Texas two years ago in Brooks Ybarra.  He went to LU and has since transferred I believe to Texas State.  BH even had an ex-HJ player as their coach for a few years in Trey Watts!!  That was when the big turnaround started.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="millermob6" post="724357" timestamp="1260058341"]
BH lost a key player with 3 minutes of the game with a bad fall. BH can hold it's own with anyone. If you look at the game film they out played HJ all over the court.
[/quote]

Except they failed to score more points! That's all that counts!

Moral victory is for 2nd place!

[quote name="millermob6" post="724357" timestamp="1260058341"]
BH lost a key player with 3 minutes of the game with a bad fall. BH can hold it's own with anyone. If you look at the game film they out played HJ all over the court.
[/quote]
When players flop around like a bunch of fish out of water after every shot they shoot it can be expected that someone will get hurt eventually. Im glad that he didnt get hurt seriously and Im hoping he gets better along with #2.

[quote name="Cowboy4jc" post="724682" timestamp="1260069547"]
[quote author=millermob6 link=topic=63379.msg724357#msg724357 date=1260058341]
[/quote]
When players flop around like a bunch of fish out of water after every shot they shoot it can be expected that someone will get hurt eventually. Im glad that he didnt get hurt seriously and Im hoping he gets better along with #2.
[/quote]

It was a very physical game and yes, there was some flopping, but on that particular play that was no flop.
When you can rotate someone 270 degrees in midair... I understand when you want to make them earn the points from the line,
but come on now... I think this foul was a little excessive.

Heard he still has a headache and yes the foul was excessive. He took the moral down with him when he fell and the 3 point winning shot was made over a BH player who went down with an ankle injury. Tough game for all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn