Newton 18Carthage 20 Final/Post Game Comments

Guest JoesBros

another tough game for Newton...but I bet we must of had 7 fumbles and another 7 botched snaps......after seeing them again tonight I dont think there is a 2A school that can beat them...man they just hang in and keep fighting....bed time for me now :D

I think Newton is considerably down this year from last year. Probably still a solid 3 round playoff team if it falls just right, but I think Tatum would rip them to shreds this year. Just my opinion!

I think Newton is considerably down this year from last year. Probably still a solid 3 round playoff team if it falls just right' date=' but I think Tatum would rip them to shreds this year. Just my opinion![/quote']

No way!...trust me Newton is not down...both of their losses this year have been because of their own doing...they are young, but not down..but regardless--with the coaching staff in Newton, it really doesnt matter..those guys are the best anywhere in the state...I dont care who your talkin about- Todd Dodge etc...I would hate to try and speculate the # of wins there are between Barbay, Walkoviak, and Thompson..

THEY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO HOLD ON TO THE FOOTBALL. I LOVE THE EAGLES BUT IF THEY DONT HOLD ON TO THE BALL THEY WANT BE MAKING A RUN NO WERE BUT TO THE HOUSE. AFTER THREE SCRIMMAGES AND 4 GAMES THEY SHOULD HAVE GOT A HANDLE ON THE CENTER TO QUATERBACK EXCHANGE. I KNOW THEY ARE YOUNG BUT DAM HOLD ON TO THE BALL. (TWO GAMES LOST BY A TOTAL OF SIX POINTS TO TEAMS YOU SHOULD HAVE DOMINATED)

IT SEEMS TO BE THAT THIS YEAR IT IS JUST A GRIND IT OUT OFFENSE. WE HAVE A COUPLE OF PLAYERS THAT CAN JUST BLOW IT UP AT ANY TIME BUT THEY ARE JUST NOT GETTING IT DONE RIGHT NOW. HOLD ON TO THEY BALL AND YOU WOULD BE IN UNDEFEATED AT THIS TIME. I LOVE THE DEFENSE BUT THE OFFENSE STINKS AT THIS TIME. IF THEY DONT GET IT TOGETHER BY THE SECOND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS(ASUMING THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS) THEY WILL BE SITTING AT THE HOUSE. LETS GO EAGLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Man if you look at the stats this game should of went to Newton except for the fumble stats :shock:

1st. Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd. Quarter 4th. Quarter Final

Carthage 0 7 6 7 20

Newton 0 6 6 6 18

Game Statistics

Carthage Newton

Total Yards 233 275

First Downs 11 14

Rushes - Yards 43-177 48-259

Average Rush 4.12 5.40

Comp - Att - Int 4-11-1 1-7-0

Pass Yards 56 16

Average Pass 14.00 16.00

Punts 2 2

Punt Yards 66 67

Average Punt 33.00 33.50

Fumbles - Lost 1-1 6-4

Penalties - Yards 3-25 9-50

Highlights

Carthage's Gary Tatum had a 17-yard touchdown run in the third quarter gave Carthage a 13-12 lead.

Notables

Newton's Justin McLemore rushed for 168 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries.

Scoring Summary

NEW-Justin McLemore 5 run (kick failed) 6:54, 2nd

CAR-Marcus Bowman 3 run (Iain Allred kick) 6:21, 2nd

NEW-Justin McLemore 25 run (pass failed) 6:29, 3rd

CAR-Gary Tatum 17 run (run failed) 2:47, 3rd

CAR-Marcus Bowman 20 run (Iain Allred kick) 9:23, 4th

NEW-Darrell Jenkins 3 run (run failed) 6:26, 4th

Leading Rushers

CAR Gary Tatum 17 - 113

NEW Justin McLemore 25 - 168

Leading Passers

CAR Marcus Bowman 11 - 56

NEW Darrell Jenkins 7 - 16

Leading Receivers

CAR Austin Smith 1 - 38

NEW Jacolbie Ross 1 - 16

Interceptions

Game Statistics

Carthage Newton

Total Yards 233 275

First Downs 11 14

Rushes - Yards 43-177 48-259

Average Rush 4.12 5.40

Comp - Att - Int 4-11-1 1-7-0

Pass Yards 56 16

Average Pass 14.00 16.00

Punts 2 2

Punt Yards 66 67

Average Punt 33.00 33.50

Fumbles - Lost 1-1 6-4

Penalties - Yards 3-25 9-50

Good post. Fumbles KILLED Newton. They could have taken down a strong 3a team.

Odds are that Newton wouldn't play Tatum in the playoffs. If Woodville makes the top three in district they will go as the "big" school as would Tatum if my enrollment numbers are correct. That eliminates the possibility of Newton playing Tatum. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder