*West Brook vs. Katy Cinco Ranch Updates/Katy Cinco Ranch Advances!!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game. Really disappointed in the outcome. It was evident from the beginning that our boys did not show up to play. We had too many costly mistakes, and five turnovers in the first half, and when you operate like that it makes it very difficult to bounce back from. KUDOS to the Cougars, as they outplayed us today. They are very good, but they are definitely beatable. We showed that in the third quarter, as we kept them out of the end zone, and scored 2 times to shorten the gap 35-20....but it was too little too late, IMO. All good things must come to an end, and today it was our turn.
Hold your heads high Bruins, as you played beyond our wildest expectations this year. We'll get'tem next year.

Back from this disappointing game.    Cinco has the biggest, slowest team we have ever faced.  They were able to open holes and run the ball right at us in the first half.  On the other hand, Brook had 5 turnovers in the half.  Two picks, two fumbles and a muffed kickoff.  

Coming out the second half, our offense showed the ability to move the ball, and the defense played the run much better.  Brook scored quickly and then got their first turnover( a pick off a deflected pass), and quickly scored again.  Now down 15,  Brook held and drove to the one.  They were stopped on fourth down.  2 plays later,  Cinco broke a big run, and the game was pretty much decided.  Cinco is big, but they looked tired in the second half.  Brook never quit.  I think without all the turnovers, this game would have been very close.    But Cinco is too good to give them that many chances.

Great season, Brook.  You far exceeded my expectations.   I hate to lose when we don't play our best.   The game should have been much closer, and I didn't really feel overmatched.  Congrats to Cinco.  They played pretty much error free ball and deserved the win.

Made it back from this game after a lil cheesecake from the factory... that said, THE BETTER TEAM DID NOT WIN THIS GAME.

West Brook came out way flat and had 5 turnovers on some fluke plays... they happen, but the boys kept at it and came out down 35-6 in the second half.

ON WB FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE after a 3 and out from CR they throw a 40yrd TD pass to make it 35-13 with about 8:30 left in the 3rd.

After ANOTHER dominant performance from the D after the half, the WB offense methodically goes down and scores on a great 1-handed catch with 2:30 left in the 3rd making it 35-20 CR still up. **I did notice on this drive more than once on WB incomplete passes the ball marker would move back a half yard every so often** --Down and Distance markers were on CR sideline, as were officials for most of the game-- just sayin...

But anyways, ANOTHER great stand by the D at the end of the 3rd and AN INTERCEPTION as the 3rd quarter expires on 3rd and long for WB's defense taking it all the way back to CR 28 threatening to make it a 1-score game...

West Brook offense pushes the ball all the way down to the 2 yard line with all the momentum, the crowd rockin and they pound the ball into the 1yard line and the officials call for a measurement.... **I CANT HOLD MY TONGUE ANY LONGER, i was sitting near this endzone, WB GOT THE FIRST DOWN and the head official grabbed the ball, moved it back ever so slightly and signaled 4th and inches!!!! THE OFFICIATING WAS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!** that said, stump should have attacked the edges on that defense on 4th and inches with a speed option or something along those lines.

ANYWAYS, you know how the story goes after this, WB gets stopped, loses all the momentum, and proceeds to get **HELD** BY THAT HUGE OFFENSIVE LINE AND BLOCKING BACKS. The first holding call on CR was called with 1:30 left in the game, they were doing it the whole game.... Those Katy Cinco Ranch kids were tough, but they were not the better team, West Brook only thought they were there to beat one opponent in Cince Ranch, not the officials also.....

GREAT SEASON BRUINS YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THERE NOW!!! BUILD ON THAT AND YOU CAN'T AND WON'T BE STOPPED NEXT YEAR!!! IT JUST WASN'T MEANT TO BE BUT YOU OUGHT TO BE HUNGRY FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!

ok.. I have got to say.... NOTHING WENT BROOKS WAY IN THE FIRST...... if it were not for those turnovers.. dang man.. they had this game.. Cinco is big I have to say that but lack conditioning after the first half they were worn plum out. Brook had their number in the second half one less turnover in the first half and the conversion for that touchdown on the one yard line in the second and boom tha brook had this one..

But congrats on everything... I hear that brook has a young team good luck next year..

Five turnovers...Why?....Katy Practices and Plays under more noise than we do....It takes us a quarter to adjust to all the noise that CR's band was making, we can't expect our boys to do good in the play offs in Region 3 when we are going to expirience that every Year!!!  Very few kids can block the noise out and continue to play, that was obvious....we have to get our crowds at every game...to pay attention...."HELLO IT'S THIRD DOWN, CHEER FOR YOUR DEFENSE!!!" and for the BAND, "HELLO, THEY'RE ABOUT TO RUN A PLAY....TURN IT UP!!!"

As for the game, I agree with everyone here....the refs were spoting the ball in favor of CR...clearly.  As for play calls, scheme, or coaching....The plan was a good one...Defensively, we should have gone to the run blitz earlier...like when it was 14 to 0, not 35-6.....Our O line gave our QB plenty of time to throw and we threw plenty of time(45)...we had a few go through our hands and a couple that we could have came back to...

At the end of the day, Cinco as a whole was better prepared.  Therefore, well deserved victory...the better TEAM?  I can't give you that one...

Check out the game highlights and pay attention to the spot of the ball...there own players are quoted saying "I thought he got it on 3rd down".

Great season for the Bruins, but like I said before....unless we get 5,000 emails sent to the principal, this band director appearantly has been told this before......this will keep on happening....yes and I will say it now, this will happen again next year, if we don't do something about it NOW!

http://www.athletesconnection.com/content/view/5374/10019/

Guest falcon83
[quote name="SgtRey" post="720216" timestamp="1259508934"]
Jr
[/quote]

I like him bc he throws a good ball and seems to keep his cool. Only have seen him twice this year but should be very good next year.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="720204" timestamp="1259508457"]
  Five turnovers...Why?....Katy Practices and Plays under more noise than we do....It takes us a quarter to adjust to all the noise that CR's band was making, we can't expect our boys to do good in the play offs in Region 3 when we are going to expirience that every Year!!!  Very few kids can block the noise out and continue to play, that was obvious....we have to get our crowds at every game...to pay attention...."HELLO IT'S THIRD DOWN, CHEER FOR YOUR DEFENSE!!!" and for the BAND, "HELLO, THEY'RE ABOUT TO RUN A PLAY....TURN IT UP!!!"

As for the game, I agree with everyone here....the refs were spoting the ball in favor of CR...clearly.  As for play calls, scheme, or coaching....The plan was a good one...Defensively, we should have gone to the run blitz earlier...like when it was 14 to 0, not 35-6.....Our O line gave our QB plenty of time to throw and we threw plenty of time(45)...we had a few go through our hands and a couple that we could have came back to...

At the end of the day, Cinco as a whole was better prepared.  Therefore, well deserved victory...the better TEAM?  I can't give you that one...

Check out the game highlights and pay attention to the spot of the ball...there own players are quoted saying "I thought he got it on 3rd down".

Great season for the Bruins, but like I said before....unless we get 5,000 emails sent to the principal, this band director appearantly has been told this before......this will keep on happening....yes and I will say it now, this will happen again next year, if we don't do something about it NOW!

http://www.athletesconnection.com/content/view/5374/10019/

[/quote]Are you talking about the WB band director? I had several people sitting around me, listening to all the noise that was coming from the CR band....especially when we had the ball, and asked, "Why doesn't the WB band do the same thing to them when they have the ball?" I guess he's got no Kahonas, man! Something needs to change there, because not only did we get beat by a formidable opponent, we got beat by the band , their fans, and the officials. Something needs to be done so as to level the playing field. We need to take a page from the CR playbook, and give them a little back next year!

[quote name="westend1" post="719981" timestamp="1259464350"]
Bottom line:  we couldn't punch it in from point blank range because CR was too big.  Hard to second guess Stump, [b]but why take a shotgun snap and hand it off 5 yards deep when you need an inch?[/b][/quote]

Wow! I totally agree with you. 4th and an inch and they line up in a spread formation?  This is definitely the time for the QB to line up behind center and then plow straight ahead. No hand offs to a back and no shotgun.  QB all the way.   

The problem was not the noise, not the play calling.  The problem was mental mistakes.  One was on the kickoff when number 10 backed up and then basically ducked leaving 23 out there.  There were others.

I do agree the band could improve.  It is my understanding that the Principal and band directors spoke this morning.    He also provided buses and tickets for students that wanted to go to the games.  WB plans on doing that for all away games and playoffs next year.  I know the principal and he is pretty good about returning emails.

Reyes is a good quarterback, but he missed some reads.  His first pass he threw out to the flat was almost intercepted.  A receiver was wide open in the middle where the backer had vacated cheating toward the flat.  The same read was missed on second down on the no touchdown drive that ended at the goal line.  There were a few other "what the ?" plays. 

The main difference in this game and the Hightower game was turnovers.  WB was not the better team on Saturday.

WB loses basically one player on offense and 3 on defense.  In addition, hopefully with redistricting, they go division 2 next year.

All that being said, this team is still the "Rocky" team.  They get up and come back at you.  Remember, Rocky did not win the title till the second movie,... 

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="720994" timestamp="1259614570"]
Hey Sgt---I just notice your Karma did not fare as well as the team this season.  I just boosted it a + for good measure. 
Can I recommend an image consultant for you in the off season?  LOL
[/quote]
I'm just not politically correct... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami