Newton 1998 Championship, Basketball's Were Never Thrown on the Field!!!

Guest Jmeek

Dangerfield claims the reason they threw basketball's on the field after they beat us last year was because in 1998 in the state championship game that we won 21-0 that we threw basketball on the field after the game was over . I do not remember this I was there, and why would anyone throw basketballs on the field not matter what happen in that game both teams where going home to play basketball it makes no sense to me but some of the Dangerfield fans say it happenend. Can somebody clear this up for me, Can someone let me know if we did throw basketballs on the field because I believe Newton  fans have more class than that.

I was also at the game on the Daingerfield side and I do not remember that happening.  You make it sound like the town of Daingerfield held a contest to see who got to throw the basketball last year!  It was a couple of punk kids that made a very bad decision and have been dealt with.  The kids that threw the ball were something like 5 years old in 98 so I doubt they remember if anyone from Newton threw a ball or not.  I hope that both sides have enough class to not bring a basketball to the game this year and I hope everyone is able to let this topic die eventually.  Good luck this weekend.

[quote name="DFieldFan" post="719227" timestamp="1259396131"]
I was at the game, on DF's side, and basketballs were thrown on to the field.
[/quote]
I agree, it would not make sense in the State Championship game. It was over for both teams. This is folklore, like giant alligators living in the sewers in New York City. There had never been basketballs thrown on the field in any Newton game before or since last year at Carthage. Daingerfield fans are not all accused and therefore are not all guilty of this offense, but a few Daingerfield fans saying Newton fans started it in '98 is not justification for doing it and it is not true. The truth is there were basketballs thrown on the field in Carthage. Calling the ones guilty punks don't help, but if they were dealt with by Daingerfield, end of story. Come to the game, cheer, scream, whistle, and enjoy the game for both clubs and towns.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="719250" timestamp="1259417472"]
[quote author=DFieldFan link=topic=63058.msg719227#msg719227 date=1259396131]
I was at the game, on DF's side, and basketballs were thrown on to the field.
[/quote]
I agree, it would not make sense in the State Championship game. It was over for both teams. This is folklore, like giant alligators living in the sewers in New York City. There had never been basketballs thrown on the field in any Newton game before or since last year at Carthage. Daingerfield fans are not all accused and therefore are not all guilty of this offense, but a few Daingerfield fans saying Newton fans started it in '98 is not justification for doing it and it is not true. The truth is there were basketballs thrown on the field in Carthage. Calling the ones guilty punks don't help, but if they were dealt with by Daingerfield, end of story. Come to the game, cheer, scream, whistle, and enjoy the game for both clubs and towns.
[/quote] good post says it all

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder