LU vs Ohio....LU Falls

Guest coachacola

I haven't seen a game  yet where Roc has shown to be a good head coach. Making decisions or changes that impact a game.  I have seen several where he didn't make changes or adjust and lost!!

As far as a recruiter.  When you are recruiting form Memphis, Texas, Texas Tech, LSU etc. it's like picking a team on the school lot.  You don,t have to recruit much, just pick who you will allow to come to your team after the biggies are gone.

[quote name="woodman" post="716973" timestamp="1259091327"]
I haven't seen a game  yet where Roc has shown to be a good head coach. Making decisions or changes that impact a game.  I have seen several where he didn't make changes or adjust and lost!!

As far as a recruiter.  When you are recruiting form Memphis, Texas, Texas Tech, LSU etc. it's like picking a team on the school lot.  You don,t have to recruit much, just pick who you will allow to come to your team after the biggies are gone.
[/quote]I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying here but: it does matter after all the big boys have their players on scholarships. Because now you have to compete for the best players who would make good lower level D-1 players. And some of these players end up at other schools in the SLC, who come back to beat your butt in conference play.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="717499" timestamp="1259169603"]
[quote author=dub link=topic=62894.msg717471#msg717471 date=1259167787]
I think after this season is over it will be a good time restructure the basketball program while football is starting.  JMO
[/quote]I've been warning you guys about this moment for awhile ::) ::)
[/quote]

I doubt that will happen for several reasons:  (1) Billy Tubbs has publicly said that Roc has done a good job coaching (from some of the Bob West articles I've read), (2) this team is mostly freshmen and sophomores (with mostly freshmen coming next year) so he'll be given a chance to win with these players, (3) with football starting and supposedly softball starting next year, Tubbs probably doesn't want to spend the time "restructuring" the basketball program, and (4) unless Tubbs plans on spending some cash and bringing in a proven coach, why would Tubbs take another chance on an unproven assistant coach?

[quote name="coachacola" post="717522" timestamp="1259172391"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=62894.msg717499#msg717499 date=1259169603]
[quote author=dub link=topic=62894.msg717471#msg717471 date=1259167787]
I think after this season is over it will be a good time restructure the basketball program while football is starting.  JMO
[/quote]I've been warning you guys about this moment for awhile ::) ::)
[/quote]

I doubt that will happen for several reasons:  (1) Billy Tubbs has publicly said that Roc has done a good job coaching (from some of the Bob West articles I've read), (2) this team is mostly freshmen and sophomores (with mostly freshmen coming next year) so he'll be given a chance to win with these players, (3) with football starting and supposedly softball starting next year, Tubbs probably doesn't want to spend the time "restructuring" the basketball program, and (4) unless Tubbs plans on spending some cash and bringing in a proven coach, why would Tubbs take another chance on an unproven assistant coach?
[/quote]What a smart move, the old stack'em up with freshmen and sophmores and lets ride for another 4-5 years. I must admit it s a good strategy. Bravo!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed