Who won state in 2A?

• 1 month later...
I kind of had a problem with this-- Poth had 16 girls 5' 7" on to FOUR above 6' 1"...it seems that a lot of the winners had total club team year-round girls that had been grouped by the parent in HSs close to big cities: just to win State Tourneys! I enjoyed the overall State Tourney once again but do not think I will go back; unless a local team makes it that far.

I watched BC beat Caldwell(a rural town) in just one set which the rest of Region III teams could not accomplish--yet at the State Tourney... Lucas Lovejoy just totally dominated 3ACaldwell in 3 games; with a whole team of assembled giant Club year-round players--packed together intentionally by Club parents.
I don't think there is anything that can be done if they rent a cheap hovel or trailer and use the "address" as the home address for that student.
Comments?

The difference is that you have (so the rumor has it) parents moving their kids in from bigger cities such as Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, etc. to build I guess what you would call an all-star team. It would be like taking the top two players or so from each one of our 3A a schools and combining them into one team. You get a lot better much quicker. It's not that the kids are playing club...it's that parents are moving to cities to build a team. If it's all true...can't do anything about it except try to get better yourself. For all I know...it could all be hearsay.

Well with Volleyball if you make it to the State Tournament you are going to get looked at by colleges. Poth sends those tall girls they have to big schools all the time. You are also guarenteed to play. If you move to a big 4A or 5A school, you have to deal with the absolute best schools in the state. You aren't going to move to a school in 5A that is going to beat San Antonio Reagan, San Antonio O'Conner, or Amarillo. If the parents are wanting their child to play and win state...2A/3A is the best opportunity. Again...I say this if this is what's really happening. I've heard about it...don't know if anyone actually has proof.

We are talking about STACKING TEAMS in little school with many 5A caliber girls.

I was at a BC girls basketball game at the Kelly Tourney Saturday; the Basketball team is mostly the VB team and I guarantee the SB team that will win District is well represented with--VB, State Level Cross Counry & Powerlifters, Basketballers, cheerleaders, etc...

These teams of 6 footers that I saw packed into 4As & on down to 1A were totally dedicated to Club Volleyball and assembled and pre-planned by the Club parents.

They were not our multi-sport girls, that also try to play a little club VB ball in-between  lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami