Possible future changes for Lamar?

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
Not really sports related, but an interesting meeting from the November 11 board of regents:

[i]Chairman Blatchley informed the members of the Board as to his thoughts and activities and
otherwise led discussion on the subject whether [b]system institutions in southeast Texas could be
restructured[/b] to effect more cost‐effective delivery of educational services and programs to
students of the region.

Chairman Blatchley informed the members of the Board as to his thoughts and activities and
otherwise led discussion as to the chancellor’s vacancy and the possibility of working more
closely with other institutions of higher education, most notably the University of North Texas
System, in delivering educational services and programs to students. The regents considered
and deliberated as to the advantages and disadvantages of such a venture.[/i]

I wonder what exactly was discussed at this meeting.  Maybe someone from Lamar has more info.

http://www.tsus.edu/regents/meeting-minutes.html

This reminds me, there is talk that the SFA game on the football schedule in 2010 may be replaced with a game against North Texas, not sure if it would be there, or if Todd Dodge would be willing to take his team here.

Guest coachacola
Maybe the Georgia State game will be replaced with North Texas.  Georgia State has North Carolina Central listed for their Oct 16th game while LU still has Georgia State.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="711291" timestamp="1258524101"]
[font=Courier]I'm betting if Todd Dodge loses to Army this weekend at home, he will be fired at the end of the season. [/font]
[/quote]
You'd lose that bet.
Todd has one more year. Remember the bright spot for NT right now is a Freshman QB named Riley! He gets one more crack at it.

Actually Dodge has two years to right the ship.  He signed a 5 year deal.

Except for a couple of positions on the defensive that has needed beefing up, Dodge has decent personnel.  His problem is he won't make mid-game corrections when needed.  The opposing teams' coordinators know what adjustments need to be made to beat Todd's spread offense.  Stack the line and blitz.  Dodge won't throw to a tight end over the middle.  Why?  We rarely line up with a tight end.  Much less two tight ends.  When we do, we don't throw to them.  3rd and 1 needed?  Run the shotgun and hand the ball to your running back 6+ years behind the line of scrimmage rather than a QB sneak from under center or a handoff to Micah Mosely.  Or, how about NT being on it's own 1 ft line.  Seriously!  Dodge calls for an option play from the spread!  Safety!

I'm not knocking Todd Dodge and certainly don't claim to know what goes on during a game on the sidelines, but some of his decisions have left UNT fans just plain baffled.  And unhappy.

Not sure what is going to happen to him, but the "on the job training" of a high school coach was not a smart move by North Texas. >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• You notice how they conveniently leave out Nixon's Southern Strategy switching the party platforms. 
    • Delusional and protagonist are words that come to mind.  You see I really do not mind dissenting opinions.  The problem I have with most of the posts you make is you just want to say something (opinion, law, etc.) is wrong and not offer up any solutions.  The problem with America is: #1 and by far the most problematic - we have moved away from God, and #2 we are not the “UNITED” States of America anymore. Division abounds and there are forces at play that want to stir that division and increase it.  People don’t talk TO each other anymore they TALK at one another.  I’ll gladly talk to someone that will listen, but have no desire to be in the presence of someone who is narcissistic and only wants their opinion to be heard. I fly no Trump flag, I wear no MAGA hat, and truly wish we had another R to vote for.  But you trot out Biden or Hillary and I’ll campaign for Trump with my own money.
    • A black pastor over the weekend told Donald Trump that Yobama and JoeBama never came to the hood in Detroit.  You see, it wasn't about how many blacks were at that church.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  It was about showing up!  He 's making a difference.  Up to 21% black support nation wide.  Landslide proportions!!   @UT alum
    • It's 2024 u can come out the closet and admit if your a racist! No skin off my back Really not sure why you run on here and quote me in anything that has to do with blacks My final conclusion is your a sick individual 
  • Topics