LU wins 77-72

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
I don't think it's any surprise that LU didn't win big tonight.  With Hall hurt, only Custer, Miles and Harper were playing for LU last year so they will struggle early.  It's a win so I'm happy with it, and there are some bright spots.  This team can score and rebound, they just need to stop the turnovers and get better defensively and they'll be fine.  I'll be happy with one win out of four on their upcoming road trip.

[quote name="coachacola" post="710370" timestamp="1258429832"]
I don't think it's any surprise that LU didn't win big tonight.  With Hall hurt, only Custer, Miles and Harper were playing for LU last year so they will struggle early.  It's a win so I'm happy with it, and there are some bright spots.  This team can score and rebound, they just need to stop the turnovers and get better defensively and they'll be fine.  I'll be happy with one win out of four on their upcoming road trip.
[/quote]

Hall gonna start this year?

Guest coachacola
[quote name="etbu" post="710382" timestamp="1258430181"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=62534.msg710370#msg710370 date=1258429832]
[/quote]

Hall gonna start this year?
[/quote]

I heard he'll miss about 6 games then be back.

I thought Kendrick Harris demonstrated he is going to be a big part of any success we have.  The guy is quick, jumps through the roof and has a decent outside shot.

I thought Charlie Harper played well in the first half.  His stats weren't special, but he is much stronger than last year. 

I've haven't been a big fan of Nwevo's ability, but I have to say he did some good things around the basket last night. 

Miles did a decent job of running the point last night also.

Nabors played hard, but didn't have a great game.  Too many turnovers and a terrible decision to try to drive the lane and make a circus shot with 25 seconds on the shot clock and we're trying to protect our lead.

Custer still has a long way to go in my opinion.  He seems nervous every time he touches the ball, with the exception of free throws and his open 3 when there wasn't a defender within 15 ft. of him.

We seem to have a decent team.. They just need to learn to never let our foot off the gas..
I agree with most of your assessment proud. But our 2 centers need to handle the ball with a bit of muscle... It is ridiculous that Custer loses that ball everytime he gets a bit of contact...  I am hoping that with each game our turnovers go way down as they get more familiar with each other in a game setting...

Custer played like a JR High guy. Always put the ball on the ground when making a move and usually had it taken away.  He needs to man up big time.  I think he has the talent but needs to loose the bad habits fast.

AS for the last five minutes of the game, they were very painful to watch. A 15 point lead vanished to 1.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder