Dayton vs. Waller predictions?

Sorry for rambling on but I could talk about the Broncos all day. I just had to follow up and give a shout out to the purple-people-eating defense. They have been dominating as predicited this year. A little slow start, but they are definitely playing up to potential now. Even the pass covearge has finally improved. ;) ;) Just jabbin at ya Texans. Keep up the good work. It shows.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="711913" timestamp="1258634745"]
Working days this weekend so I can't make the Crosby game but will definitely be there in time for the stampede! Seriously considering Friday night at Thorne but the weather looks a little scary. Sure would be fun to watch that one too though.

Bout` dem Broncos.....I hope we see our offense show up for four quarters this week. Not raggin on them though, all year long they have got the job done for the most part. Other than the fluke in Crosby, they have put up comparable numbers to last years team. And that's sayin something! I can't put my finger on it but somehow they have just looked out of sync at times this year. But then you look at the scoreboard and there's 30+ points on it! Crazy.

I remember 2 years ago when Cody went down, the offense looked out of sync for a while then too. They kept winning though, and by the end of the year they were a scoring machine! Does anyone remember the game at Nederland? I personally have never witnessed a more impressive offensive performance by a high school team. And Nederland was not a bad team that year.

This years team has just as much offensive talent (collectively) IMO. Fowler, Franks, Ploch, Baldwin, Goss among others. And they're all playing behind an offensive line that is as good, if not better, than any they have put on the field the last few years. The key seems to be riding on soph QB, Herrera. If he continues to improve the way he has, this team could go a long way.

Anyway, the point to all this is that Stewart, Nations and the gang, have proven time and time again that they can overcome obstacles and correct imperfections. They keep tinkering with the line up and just may come up with a combination that keeps on winning.

[/quote]
EXACTLY!!!!
There is a load of talent in the ranks at Dayton High School with even more coming up.
The key is to get everyone in the right place.
Moving Ploch to the slot / slash position in my opinion was wise.
The offense is more diverse, Herrera is the key.
A sophomore QB, he is getting better and better with each game.
I would hate to be the team playing against Dayton if the offense starts firing on all cylinders for a whole game.
Against Galena Park we scored 28 points in the first seven minutes of the game, then sputtered.

And the greatest component of this team is the front seven of the defense.
Simply amazing how they have shut down everyone since the Crosby game.
Moving Jakari to linebacker was another brilliant move.
When the Dayton defense lines up, it has probably at least three to five guys on the field that are faster than anybody on the offense, that is key in shutting down a running team.

I got a good feeling about Saturday, I think Herrera will finally get a solid 4 quarters in with Dayton scoring every quarter.
Thankfully we won't be playing in the rain like PN-G will be on Friday night.

it seems we have a rough stretch in every game where we sputter for 2 or 3 possessions... Those are the times in the playoffs when good teams either jump back in the game or pull away. I hope we can avoid that from here on out. This offense is still very good.... we're just spoiled to seeing senior laden offenses clicking along without much trouble.

I'm with you on the D.... stellar. If we can put up 28 pts..... and minimize TO's,.... we'll win most games.

[quote name="dayton" post="712031" timestamp="1258644193"]
it seems we have a rough stretch in every game where we sputter for 2 or 3 possessions... Those are the times in the playoffs when good teams either jump back in the game or pull away. I hope we can avoid that from here on out. This offense is still very good.... we're just spoiled to seeing senior laden offenses clicking along without much trouble.

I'm with you on the D.... stellar. If we can put up 28 pts..... and minimize TO's,.... we'll win most games.
[/quote]

MY thoughts exactly!!! If Big D puts up 28 they are in every game in Region III anyway~

Hope to see a large crowd on Saturday in Spring. From the looks of Toups video, that was the smallest playoff crowd I've seen in a while. I know I know, deer season plus Huntsville......but those things didn't lessen the support the last two years. Is big D becoming playoff numb?

Passed thru Waller this afternoon and stopped by the Sonic. I asked the men next to me in the bulldawg who their daddy was and they said DAYTON. I told them ten fo and took off.  ;D

Dayton fans...
Vidor game is done, making the video into wmv format so I can post it.
It will be up in about 2 hours.

Wait till you see the first "jacked up" video of the year!

ps...
GREAT JOB VIDOR PIRATES!
Vidor has a great team, just hard to mount the running attack against the Bronco defense.
The Pirates NEVER gave up!
It is great to see that attitude all the way to the end.

[quote name="etbu" post="712529" timestamp="1258680001"]
Passed thru Waller this afternoon and stopped by the Sonic. I asked the men next to me in the bulldawg who their daddy was and they said DAYTON. I told them ten fo and took off.  ;D
[/quote]

So your the guy with the horse smile, sorry we misunderstood you. We thought you asked "who our b***h was?"..... :D :D

[quote name="dogwhistler" post="712816" timestamp="1258718075"]
[quote author=etbu link=topic=62430.msg712529#msg712529 date=1258680001]
[/quote]

So your the guy with the horse smile, sorry we misunderstood you. We thought you asked "who our b***h was?"..... :D :D
[/quote]

You may want to get checked for rabbis.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder