Dayton vs. Waller predictions?

[quote name="rollinac" post="710099" timestamp="1258410170"]
What a great clip....so best I can get so far on Waller is they run an offense similar to GCM and they got a new head coach last year.  I might have some video later in the week.  Maybe one of our nice coaches can post some of the game film :)???  Don't know if that's legal or not.
[/quote]
They mainly run a three wr set, 2 on one side and one on the other with the qb under center, 2 backs in an I formation, running the option, also they will run spread out of shot gun

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="texans" post="710232" timestamp="1258420206"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62430.msg710099#msg710099 date=1258410170]
What a great clip....so best I can get so far on Waller is they run an offense similar to GCM and they got a new head coach last year.  I might have some video later in the week.  Maybe one of our nice coaches can post some of the game film :)???  Don't know if that's legal or not.
[/quote]
They mainly run a three wr set, 2 on one side and one on the other with the qb under center, 2 backs in an I formation, running the option, also they will run spread out of shot gun
[/quote]

What do the receivers look like texans??

[quote name="texans" post="710232" timestamp="1258420206"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62430.msg710099#msg710099 date=1258410170]
[/quote]
[/quote]

QB the main weapon then?  What about their defense?

[quote name="myluvmuscle" post="710254" timestamp="1258421488"]
RJN u r smokin cheese...37-14. u have a better chance of knocking up beyonce than waller does of hanging 37 on the broncos.
[/quote]

Smokin' Cheese is always good for anyone getting ready to face the Broncos, the loss of all you money, things and pride is much tougher than losing to the Big Purple and White!!!

[quote name="rjn75" post="710211" timestamp="1258418107"]
Dayton should be able to keep it close for about a quarter.  Final Waller 37  Dayton 14
[/quote]

I was wondering how long it would be before being visited by Waller fans!!! ;D

I'm not sure about saying this, but for a score like that to happen Dayton would have to have a serious implosion and self destruct.  IMO.

[quote name="rapayne" post="710257" timestamp="1258421931"]
[quote author=myluvmuscle link=topic=62430.msg710254#msg710254 date=1258421488]
RJN u r smokin cheese...37-14. u have a better chance of knocking up beyonce than waller does of hanging 37 on the broncos.
[/quote]

Smokin' Cheese is always good for anyone getting ready to face the Broncos, the loss of all you money, things and pride is much tougher than losing to the Big Purple and White!!!
[/quote]
I'm sure Waller will be a lil'bit faster on both sides of the ball.  If Dayton doesn't tweek that offense a lil'before this game they won't make it past Waller.  That behind the line of scrimmage stuff just drives me crazy but I can armchair qb all day and night.  Get the ball down the field to your deep threats Franks and Ploch!  I'm just sayn'.........geeeeeezzzzz

Dayton has a basic set of plays that I have seen them run. Im sure that if its a close game then there will be a few extra plays come out of Stewart. So, if you start bird dogging then you are gonna get beat deep. I see that someone brought up the Crosby game. Just FYI, that was the night that it rained very hard all game. Not an excuse but if I was Waller, I would pray for rain..
Broncos 38,, Waller 14

From talking to the ladies at work, I'd be pretty surprised if this is a close game.  Apparently Waller has a lot of first year varsity players and lost quite a few starters from LY.  Started pretty slowly but are starting to come together from what I understand but lack the talent they've had in previous years.  Of course I also asked her what offense they ran and I got a blank look.  Anyway...I still think Dayton in the 35-7 range.

[quote name="Backflipper" post="710293" timestamp="1258424457"]
Dayton has a basic set of plays that I have seen them run. Im sure that if its a close game then there will be a few extra plays come out of Stewart. So, if you start bird dogging then you are gonna get beat deep. I see that someone brought up the Crosby game. Just FYI, that was the night that it rained very hard all game. Not an excuse but if I was Waller, I would pray for rain..
Broncos 38,, Waller 14
[/quote]Yeah y is it that everyone seems to want to base their opinion of the Broncos on the crosby game >:(

[quote name="Backflipper" post="710293" timestamp="1258424457"]
Dayton has a basic set of plays that I have seen them run. I'm sure that if its a close game then there will be a few extra plays come out of Stewart. So, if you start bird dogging then you are gonna get beat deep. I see that someone brought up the Crosby game. Just FYI, that was the night that it rained very hard all game. Not an excuse but if I was Waller, I would pray for rain..
Broncos 38,, Waller 14
[/quote]

Basic set of plays with many variables and combonations, if things are going well with the base then you don't have to show all your cards. I wouldn't even want to try and come up with the amount of plays that could be ran from our base offense.

[quote name="rjn75" post="710211" timestamp="1258418107"]
Dayton should be able to keep it close for about a quarter.  Final Waller 37  Dayton 14
[/quote]

wow kid really though? there is nobody in 4a this season that is going to beat Dayton by that much if they do not go all the way which im not at all saying they will, they will not lose by that much when they lose

[quote name="Pirates73" post="710591" timestamp="1258468842"]
After watching both teamsplay this year, I would have to say Dayton wins this games hands down.  3 TDS
[/quote] Thanks for the vote of confidence ! I think the dog fight we were in against Vidor will help us make a another decent playoff run just like it did last year against Livingston.

[quote name="Pirates73" post="710591" timestamp="1258468842"]
After watching both teamsplay this year, I would have to say Dayton wins this games hands down.  3 TDS
[/quote]

Funny thing is that last year the best competition in the playoffs came from 20-4A...well in the region anyway.  Could be the same thing this year.

per MaxPreps...based on year-to-date averages...

Team Scoring Averages

School Name            Q1      Q2      Q3      Q4        Final
Waller                      2.3      8.3      6.7    8.3      18.7
Dayton                    10.5    10.5    10.0  10.0      36.3

Upcoming Event Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rollin;Looking over the Broncs 11 games the Defense has given up(9)rushing tds.-4 to Crosby-2 to Vidor (both were playoff teams)that leaves (3) rushing tds.in (9) regular season games.Note:Dayton has only allowed 3 rbs.over 100 ypg.With 116-103-103 on 67 rushes tot.=4.55 ypc.Now that's how you reload after back to back semi-final runs w/the latter a state final.To beat Dayton gotta chunk the pig.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn