coutore beats Vera in a decison

Guest baseball25

how can you say randy didnt win that fight?? it was extremly boring but vera only landed shots once in one round. randy controlled the fight and the tempo so according to the scoring outline he should win (striking, grappling, aggression, and cage control)... and yeh i think they should make hardy fight the winner of rumble and kos for gsp because i think rumble is way more deserving and a better match for gsp

I felt from a striking standpoint that Vera was ahead. Most of the shots that Randy (and I am a huge Couture fan) landed did not do as much damage. Vera's liver shots in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds definitely hurt Randy and he admitted as much afterwards. I looked at Randy was not just imposing his will on Vera, but neither did Brandon. When a fight is close like that then you leave it up to other people to decide. You don't like it then knock the fool out or submit him.

I don't think that based on that fight that either man showed they deserved a title shot, Randy will get one based on reputation but if you base it on that fight he should not get one.

[quote name="baseball25" post="709607" timestamp="1258381953"]
Nah it wasn't great one but I mean when you put on 12 shows a yr all of them can't be great. I am ready for[b] tito vs griffin 2[/b] though.
[/quote]

i really dont see the relevance of this fight. win or lose neither is relevant in their weight division.

doing the same fights over and over is getting old!    :-\

Guest baseball25
Both of them are contenders venom I mean you just don't like the ufc. Remember Coleman got hurt so they had to get.someone to fill in and ufc is so deep they give him Forrest Griffin who the fans love and it make it a interesting fight no matter what you say. I say winner gets Randy coutore.

Yes, UFC is very deep in the LHW division but neither fighter looked like contenders.

I do respect Coutures game though. He used his experiance and skill to control the ring and keep from being dominated by a much younger fighter which earned him the win.

[quote name="baseball25" post="710507" timestamp="1258458104"]
Both of them are contenders venom I mean you just don't like the ufc. Remember Coleman got hurt so they had to get.someone to fill in and ufc is so deep they give him Forrest Griffin who the fans love and it make it a interesting fight no matter what you say. I say winner gets Randy coutore.
[/quote]

im a fan of the sport first and foremost, i couldnt care less what organization the fighter fights under.

Guest baseball25
Come on Venom you know you hate on the UFC, I know i say stuff about fedor alot but I don't hate him i know he's the best heavyweight out there I just hate on him because he won't fight the best fighters and fight for the best organization

i dont hate the ufc, i wish they would put on better ppv's with better matchups, but hate is a strong word. they by far have the best classes in all of mma with the exception of hw. im hoping one day they will either sign fedor or dana will breakdown and cross promote with other organizations. money aside, there are a ton of super fights out there in every class i would love to see. baseball, as a fellow mma-aholic you have to agree with that.

Guest baseball25
I hear ya but dana won't break down, and you know he won't. Fedor will be in UFC sooner or later, but I mean when ufc puts on 12 shows a yr all of them can't be great pviews.

Guest baseball25
watch the Vera vs coutore fight last night again. I still think Coutore won he controlled the whole fight and did what he needed to do. Vera landed 3 leg kicks and thats it in the whole fight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23