District Changes?

HJfan2

If they did that to 20-4A good chance they lose the 4th playoff team as well. So it would be top 3 like it should be in every district. As for the Humble thing I believe I stated that ppl can't move into an area that is over populated. Yes build schools for growth in the future agreed, but do not take away from one there now. If these schools r gonna be 5A and there are alot of young families guess what happens in 5-10 yrs, they have to build more schools bc those r overpopulated. They need to zone that district a little different all I am saying.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Gametime23" post="712054" timestamp="1258645731"]
If they did that to 20-4A good chance they lose the 4th playoff team as well. So it would be top 3 like it should be in every district. As for the Humble thing I believe I stated that ppl can't move into an area that is over populated. Yes build schools for growth in the future agreed, but do not take away from one there now. If these schools r gonna be 5A and there are alot of young families guess what happens in 5-10 yrs, they have to build more schools bc those r overpopulated. They need to zone that district a little different all I am saying.
[/quote]

Most cities have boundries. You can only expect so much growth.

How would 20-4A lose the 4th playoff spot? The UIL just does not work that way. No matter how many teams, 4 teams make the playoffs from each district.

[quote name="aaronjm75" post="707227" timestamp="1258180614"]

New 24-4A
1) Galena Park
2) Friendswood
3) Texas City
4) La Marque (what was their snapshot enrollment, thought it was low enough for 3a)
5) Manvel
6) Santa Fe
7) Angleton
8.) Pearland Dawson
[/quote]

There is also a new high school in League City opening in August - Clear Falls.  They will probably follow the same model that Clear Springs used a couple of years ago with only freshmen and sophmores the first year, playing a JV schedule in 2010 and starting varsity in 2011.  I have heard from a buddy, who is applying for a coaching position there, that Clear Falls will be classified as 4A for the first two years and would be placed in 24-4A.  No bearing on next season's scheduling, but they would be included with 24-4A in 2011 prior to the next UIL realignment.  If this holds true, the UIL would need to add them into the 24-4A mix this time around.   If LaMarque does drop, Clear Falls would be their replacement (at least temporarily).  However, who knows what the UIL will decide to do in January.   They may just go ahead and stick them in 5A and be done with it like they did with Cypress Ranch.

[quote name="maverick" post="712079" timestamp="1258647297"]
[quote author=aaronjm75 link=topic=62240.msg707227#msg707227 date=1258180614]

New 24-4A
1) Galena Park
2) Friendswood
3) Texas City
4) La Marque (what was their snapshot enrollment, thought it was low enough for 3a)
5) Manvel
6) Santa Fe
7) Angleton
8.) Pearland Dawson
[/quote]

There is also a new high school in League City opening in August - Clear Falls.  They will probably follow the same model that Clear Springs used a couple of years ago with only freshmen and sophmores the first year, playing a JV schedule in 2010 and starting varsity in 2011.  I have heard from a buddy, who is applying for a coaching position there, that Clear Falls will be classified as 4A for the first two years and would be placed in 24-4A.  No bearing on next season's scheduling, but they would be included with 24-4A in 2011 prior to the next UIL realignment.  If this holds true, the UIL would need to add them into the 24-4A mix this time around.   If LaMarque does drop, Clear Falls would be their replacement (at least temporarily).  However, who knows what the UIL will decide to do in January.   They may just go ahead and stick them in 5A and be done with it like they did with Cypress Ranch.
[/quote]
Galveston Ball is also dropping to 4A next year... heard this from a buddy who's dad coaches there.  So I would assume they would be in that district too.  That could possibly mean that a team like Friendswood gets bumped to a district further north, maybe 19-4A?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="aaronjm75" post="712150" timestamp="1258651883"]
[quote author=maverick link=topic=62240.msg712079#msg712079 date=1258647297]
[quote author=aaronjm75 link=topic=62240.msg707227#msg707227 date=1258180614]

New 24-4A
1) Galena Park
2) Friendswood
3) Texas City
5) Manvel
6) Santa Fe
7) Angleton
8.) Pearland Dawson
[/quote]

[/quote]
Galveston Ball is also dropping to 4A next year... heard this from a buddy who's dad coaches there.  So I would assume they would be in that district too.  That could possibly mean that a team like Friendswood gets bumped to a district further north, maybe 19-4A?
[/quote]

If that's the case, then you would just not add Galena Park to this proposed change. G Ball would be in their spot.

[quote name="aaronjm75" post="710296" timestamp="1258425263"]
Here is one consistency I have noticed with the UIL, they tend to try and not screw a team multiple times in a row.  Case in point.  Dayton got boned when they had to move to 20-4A, lets be honest, must have sucked for them.  These past two years, Livingston had to grab their ankles.  Next realignment, I would not expect either team to get stuck in 20-4A.  It will most likely be Barbers Hill, or (assuming the normal craziness from the UIL) a team like GCM or Baytown Lee.
[/quote]

what wrong with 20 4A

No , I was told some districts had 4 teams go and some 3 from a fellow coach of mine. The ISD thing oh yes I know how it works bc I am a coach/teacher. I know the amount of money needed to support a school and things of that nature. I went to Hu,ble and know the size of it and how much money it will cost to support it. With the age of the school you have to think of the upkeep needed for the buildings and that cost. Do you realize the school recieves $10,000 for each student and that's how they budget there year.

[quote name="cam 35" post="712457" timestamp="1258674370"]
[quote author=aaronjm75 link=topic=62240.msg710296#msg710296 date=1258425263]
Here is one consistency I have noticed with the UIL, they tend to try and not screw a team multiple times in a row.  Case in point.  Dayton got boned when they had to move to 20-4A, lets be honest, must have sucked for them.  These past two years, Livingston had to grab their ankles.  Next realignment, I would not expect either team to get stuck in 20-4A.  It will most likely be Barbers Hill, or (assuming the normal craziness from the UIL) a team like GCM or Baytown Lee.
[/quote]

what wrong with 20 4A
[/quote]
Nothing is wrong with 20-4A except that its a long ass drive for teams like Dayton and Livingston.  Every week they are driving over an hour to play a game.

[quote name="aaronjm75" post="712793" timestamp="1258694272"]
[quote author=cam 35 link=topic=62240.msg712457#msg712457 date=1258674370]
[quote author=aaronjm75 link=topic=62240.msg710296#msg710296 date=1258425263]
[/quote]

what wrong with 20 4A
[/quote]
Nothing is wrong with 20-4A except that its a long butt drive for teams like Dayton and Livingston.  Every week they are driving over an hour to play a game.
[/quote]

I grew up  in Nacogdoches, it was 30 minutes to Lufkin, but every other drive was at least 1-2 hours(Longview, Tyler, Marshall etc), and some were more (3-4 hours to Texarkana). We thought it was normal.
I too am now spoiled to have every game within a 30 minute drive!
Seriously though,it does cut way down on the fan support for visiting teams.

[quote name="Gametime23" post="712464" timestamp="1258675218"]
No , I was told some districts had 4 teams go and some 3 from a fellow coach of mine. The ISD thing oh yes I know how it works bc I am a coach/teacher. I know the amount of money needed to support a school and things of that nature. I went to Hu,ble and know the size of it and how much money it will cost to support it. With the age of the school you have to think of the upkeep needed for the buildings and that cost. Do you realize the school recieves $10,000 for each student and that's how they budget there year.
[/quote]

Gametime, your fellow coach doesn't know what he is talking about. 4A and 5A have 4 teams make the playoffs.

[quote name="Lightning/Eagle" post="712930" timestamp="1258729329"]
[quote author=Gametime23 link=topic=62240.msg712464#msg712464 date=1258675218]
[/quote]

Gametime, your fellow coach doesn't know what he is talking about. 4A and 5A have 4 teams make the playoffs.
[/quote]

Gametime is not a coach.  At least if I was one I wouldn't spelled like he does and I would write grammatically correct sentences.

[quote name="Gametime23" post="712464" timestamp="1258675218"]
[/quote]

If they are Class 5A or 4A they have four. 3A and under it is 3!!

[quote name="PSS" post="713023" timestamp="1258735968"]
[quote author=Lightning/Eagle link=topic=62240.msg712930#msg712930 date=1258729329]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gametime is not a coach.  At least if I was one I wouldn't spelled like he does and I would write grammatically correct sentences.
[/quote]

Haha that's classic you attack me PSS and don't even know me. For someone to talk about grammatically correct sentences, you did not write one. ;) If Humble does go 4A I hope they make a district that runs up 59 to Livingston, I think it would be fun. I just hope alll goew well for Humble, the big town itself pushed me to get better and I am grateful for that.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="PSS" post="713023" timestamp="1258735968"]
[quote author=Lightning/Eagle link=topic=62240.msg712930#msg712930 date=1258729329]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gametime is not a coach.  At least if I was one I wouldn't spelled like he does and I would write grammatically correct sentences.
[/quote]

Read your own correction post again,professor.!!!....... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83