WILL FEDOR EVER STEP UP LIKE BOXER MANNY PACQUIAO

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25
PACQUIAO
I think that Manny Pacquiao deserves to be rated as the pound for pound best these days because he is doing something that not many people in the sport are, stepping up. I don't mean that to say that other fighters are chicken, but Manny can make money without Cotto or Hatton. He wants to be the BEST so he  fights the BEST, and fights like this are what puts him there.

Boxing Columunist on Manny

See I want FEDOR to have the  competiveness the desire, the will to fight the best in the world, and right now fighting in STRIKEFORCE WON'T DO IT>

I agree that I would like him to fight the best. The problem is, if he ever goes to the UFC it would have to be on Danna's terms. They tried to make it work this last time but they couldn't come to terms. Strikeforce stepped up to the deal. I'm not saying it's Danna's fault, I'm just saying you can't expect Fedor to take less money or settle fro lesser deal to prove he's the best.

if brock or any ufc hw really wanted to fight fedor why dont they leave the ufc and fight him? since they arent doing this can we consider them ducking him?  i find it odd how a$$ backwards this is... i think this is the only sport where fans believe the UNDISPUTED champ should seek lesser opponents to prove himself. if these up and comers in the ufc want to be considered the best hw in the world they need to seek out the champ not the other way around. like ive said numerous times, the ufc/wamma/dream hw belt isnt the real hw championship and hasnt been for sometime, the real hw championship is beating fedor! beat him and youre #1 IN THE WORLD, dam any organizations belt!

also, i read recently where fedors people invited dana and brock to russia and fedor would fight him for free! no contract, FREE! if its not about the money and only about brock,fedor, and the fans then that snake dana white would take them up on this offer. if dana and brock turn this down are they ducking fedor? if the shoe was on the other foot and dana offered this to fedor and he turned it down the majority on this board would be up in arms screaming that fedor is scared and ducking lesnar!

venom, if you would be able to produce that article or link you read about Fedor's invitation for Brock to fight for free then I would like to see that one. If it is true and Brock turned it down the case closed, Brock's a little girl and is only about getting a paycheck.

Not doubting your word venom, just would like to read it for myself if possible.

Guest baseball25
Why would those fighters leave there fighting in the nfl of mma. I read that but that's a bunch of Bs fedor managers just running there mouth. This is about the fans.we as fans want to see fedor in ufc.

[quote name="baseball25" post="705174" timestamp="1258057899"]
Why would those fighters leave there fighting in the nfl of mma. I read that but that's a bunch of Bs fedor managers just running there mouth. This is about the fans.we as fans want to see fedor in ufc.
[/quote]

Then convince Dana to bend.

here ya go....

[b]M-1 exec Jerry Millen: Fedor Emelianenko will fight Brock Lesnar for free[/b]
by John Morgan on Nov 10, 2009 at 9:00 pm ET

First, it was Randy Couture. Now, it's Brock Lesnar.

Each time former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko (31-1) adds another win to his already impressive career total, fans from across the world call for the Russian to face the UFC's reigning king.

Emelianenko toppled the previously undefeated Brett Rogers at Saturday night's Strikeforce and M-1 Global co-promotion, "Fedor vs. Rogers," and those requests have already begun again. While the UFC's unwillingness to co-promote has proved an insurmountable roadblock in the past, M-1 Global USA vice president Jerry Millen has a simple solution: do it for free.

"If these guys in the UFC truly wanted to fight Fedor, they'd find a way," Millen recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Come to his training camp. Come to Stary Oskol, and we'll do three, five-minute rounds in the ring or the cage. We'll do it for fun.

"If you really want to fight him for competition, and it's not about the money for the guys in the UFC, then tell Brock Lesnar to jump his ass on a plane, take a train, and come to Stary Oskol. If these guys really want to fight Fedor, then come to Stary Oskol and lets get it on there for no money."

UFC president Dana White has often been less-than-complimentary in regards to Emelianenko and Millen's partners at M-1 Global. Some critics of the Russian fighter have suggested Emelianenko's refusal to fight in the UFC was a result of his desire to keep his nearly unblemished record intact.

Millen finds the thought of Emelianenko "ducking" stiff competition laughable.

"[Emelianenko] loves fighting," Millen said. "He loves the competition of it, and he'll fight any comers. That's why when I hear these jerks say, 'He's ducking the UFC. He's afraid of Brock Lesnar' – Frank Mir's like, 'Oh, he's afraid of us' – give me a break. That's the biggest bunch of bull I've ever heard. Fedor's not afraid to fight anybody."

As he always has, Millen maintains the only thing stopping "The Last Emperor" from fighting in the octagon are the terms being offered by the UFC.

"It's got to be a good deal," Millen said. "When you sign with the UFC, most guys sign their soul away. Fedor doesn't have to sign his soul away, number one, because he's at the top of the game, and he's doing very well without signing with the UFC. So he doesn't have to sell his soul. He's the kind of guy that won't sell his soul.

"If you ever see Fedor (in the UFC), if that ever happens, it's going to be a very fair deal."

Millen said he believes the UFC has been great for the sport but that the contract terms offered by the promotion aren't always in the best interest of the organization's athletes. 

"The fighters in the UFC are great, but the UFC, to me, is the WWE model," Millen said. "They want to own the guys. They have their own rankings. There's a lot of fighters out there that are undiscovered that don't get a chance to fight in the UFC, so they're not going to get ranked because they're not going to fight the guy that's ranked No. 4.

"The UFC is the Q-tip of MMA. It's great what they've done for the sport, but PRIDE was there before that. Strikeforce, King of the Cage, Cage Rage. There's a lot of promotions out there that helped the sport, and when I hear people say that the UFC has made MMA what it is, the UFC has made MMA what it is in America. Not worldwide."

As a part-owner of M-1 Global, Emelianenko may not ever make a UFC appearance. But Millen said if Lesnar, Mir or any other UFC heavyweight wants to face the current WAMMA heavyweight champion, Emelianenko waits on the other end of trip to Russia.

"I get so sick of hearing, 'Oh, he's afraid,'" Millen said. "That's the biggest bunch of crap I've ever heard. [Emelianenko] is an athlete. He's not afraid of somebody beating him up. He gets punched in the face all the time. What would he be afraid of? Losing? He's not afraid to lose. He's at peace with losing. That's all bull.

"Dana will talk his trash. Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, they're all trying to goad him. But honestly, [Emelianenko] doesn't listen to any of it. It doesn't affect him. He just does what he does, and if you want to fight him, come on. He'll fight you. Bring it."

Guest baseball25
Dana don't need to bend. Ufc doesn't need fedor. Fedor needs ufc.dana has the best mma organization in the world why change things for one guy.that's letting fedor get what he wants and dana won't let that happen that's why the ufc has been so sucessful.to be the best you got to fight and beat the best and fedor isn't doing that rightnow in the last 4 yrs. He's in a 7 level organization fighting c plus fighters. I have said it a 100 time fedor is the best heavyweight out there but he doesn't fight the best fighters or fight in the best organization and mma analyst sees that.

[quote name="baseball25" post="705284" timestamp="1258065351"]
Dana don't need to bend. Ufc doesn't need fedor. Fedor needs ufc.dana has the best mma organization in the world why change things for one guy.that's letting fedor get what he wants and dana won't let that happen that's why the ufc has been so sucessful.to be the best you got to fight and beat the best and fedor isn't doing that rightnow in the last 4 yrs. He's in a 7 level organization fighting c plus fighters. I have said it a 100 time fedor is the best heavyweight out there but he doesn't fight the best fighters or fight in the best organization and mma analyst sees that.
[/quote]

baseball youre a long time fan of mma just like i am and if youre honest with yourself and admit the truth you know, aside from brock, the ufc hw division is VERY weak and is full of unproven, "up and coming" fighters. take the biased rankings away and break these fighters down and who have they beat or what have they done to be ranked in the top ten, really???

if its all about the fans and putting together the fight everyone wants to see then just let em fight! get on a plane with brock or whomever, fly to russia and fight him! if its not about the money and if you are the best hw in the world go prove it!  it shouldnt matter where you fight or under what organization the fight happens, as long as it happens! if youre confident in your fighter then go fight! stop talking sh*t and go fight the man! theres an open invitation to any hw in the ufc to go fight fedor and he will fight them FOR FREE! dana has been totally obnoxious about this entire thing, just like a jaded woman who cant have the guy she wants so shes gonna trash him every chance he gets. regardless of any opinion that is given,the facts remain that hes the best in the world and has been for over 6 years, hes 31-1, and if ANY hw on the planet wants to be considered the top fighter in the world they HAVE TO BEAT FEDOR, regardless of who they are or where they fight. thats the fact of the matter....

[quote name="baseball25" post="705284" timestamp="1258065351"]
[/quote]

i agree the ufc doesnt need fedor, but the fighters in the hw division do! its not all about the money for him, because if it was he would be in the ufc now!

At this point it's Brock that's not fighting the best in the world, not the other way around.

And Venom is probably right about it not being all about money with Fedor but is about control or not wanting to be controlled by Dana.

As I've said before the UFC is the best and Dana is the king of MMA but not everyone is willing to play by his rules.

Guest baseball25
Mat Brock has fought mir ranked 4th in the world and coutore ranked 5 in the world his last two fights he's fighting the best and he has carwin next ranked 7th in the world what more do you want? Its better than Rogers. Are a ufc fighters that got cut by ufc in Tim sylvia and arvloski.

[quote name="baseball25" post="705538" timestamp="1258080034"]
Mat Brock has fought mir ranked 4th in the world and coutore ranked 5 in the world his last two fights he's fighting the best and he has carwin next ranked 7th in the world what more do you want? Its better than Rogers. Are a ufc fighters that got cut by ufc in Tim sylvia and arvloski.
[/quote]

i bet there was more to it than the ufc not resigning them but sylvia and arlovski were at the top of the ufc hw division for years and dana was running his mouth then about fedor not wanting any of timmy! i would be willing to bet if given the chance arlovski would wreck most, if not all, in the ufc's hw division!

[quote name="baseball25" post="705696" timestamp="1258100019"]
Arvloski loses to lesnar.[b]velesquez.carwin.de Santos[/b]. Mir. Coutore. And nogeria. Gonzaga would beat him too
[/quote]

i think its funny how you put sooo much stock in these unproven fighters. when was the last time mir,couture, and nog were really relevant? these guys realize as long as theyre in the ufc theyre protected and wont have to fight good hw's!

yet again---LOL at letting WHERE a guy fights determine his value and character as a fighter!

[quote name="baseball25" post="705789" timestamp="1258121485"]
I guess the mma analyst that do these rankings are dumb asses that have nog.mir. And coutore in the top 10 in the world,
[/quote]

all opinions aside, if dana and any one of his hw's want to prove they are the best hw in the world and it truly isnt about the money and all about the fans THEN GO FIGHT HIM! theres really nothing else that can be said! hes issued the challenge,either dana accepts or he shuts his hypocritical mouth.

Guest baseball25
If I was dana I would say no. He's running a damn organization. I wouldn't bite one bit on those dumb ass managers and doing what they want. Dana white has bilt this organization on what he does and runs things why change now.fedor is fighting for a crappy company that has a heavyweight champion that hasn't fought in 4 yrs in the organization and they have 2 good heavyweights. Dana is doing what he does and he's running the show and is beinb successful

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami