Dangerfield and Arp fans take Newton and Kirbyville for a joke

I would be more than happy to see Kirbyville and Newton dominate their divisions. On smoaky.com many Arp and Dangerfield fans think that we are cupcake teams in Southeast Texas. Arp is ranked #2 in the state, but who have they played?? All of their opponents aren't very good. Dangerfield is suppose to be so good, but got blasted by Gilmer, they have no respect for Newton or Kirbyville at all on that website.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="701441" timestamp="1257664796"]
I would be more than happy to see Kirbyville and Newton dominate their divisions. On smoaky.com many Arp and Dangerfield fans think that we are cupcake teams in Southeast Texas. Arp is ranked #2 in the state, but who have they played?? All of their opponents aren't very good. Dangerfield is suppose to be so good, but got blasted by Gilmer, they have no respect for Newton or Kirbyville at all on that website.
[/quote]

Daingerfield & Arp Have A Lot More To Worry About Than Kirbyville & Newton...[b]Bushland,Godley [/b] They Better Take Care Of Their Own [b]Area[/b],Before They Worry About Kirbyville Or Newton..Newton Gave Daingerfield All They Wanted And More Last Year(cupcake#1)..Kirbyville(cupcake#2)..Sent Arp To Playing Round Ball A Little Early..Let'em Talk,When They Are Sitting In The Stands [b]Watching[/b] Football Instead Of [b]Playing[/b] Football,They'll Wish Their [b]Team[/b] Was As Good As Their [b]Mouth[/b].. :D

That's because Smoaky.com as well as Arp/Daingerfield fans know about as much about Kville/Newton football as Kville/Newton fans know about Arp/Daingerfield. We can look at the records, etc. but the distance between us makes it a little hard to actually see the teams play. If I remember correctly, Arp (whatever the heck an Arp is - Wasn't that a character in a sit-com back in the 80's?) thought the same thing last year. Smoaky.com is based in Tyler and Kville/Newton are too far away to be the "darlings" of that website just as Arp/Daingerfield aren't exactly everyday names on setxsports.com. We'll see what happens on the field.

[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="701456" timestamp="1257681955"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=62097.msg701441#msg701441 date=1257664796]
[/quote]

Daingerfield & Arp Have A Lot More To Worry About Than Kirbyville & Newton...[b]Bushland,Godley [/b] They Better Take Care Of Their Own [b]Area[/b],Before They Worry About Kirbyville Or Newton..Newton Gave Daingerfield All They Wanted And More Last Year(cupcake#1)..Kirbyville(cupcake#2)..Sent Arp To Playing Round Ball A Little Early..Let'em Talk,When They Are Sitting In The Stands [b]Watching[/b] Football Instead Of [b]Playing[/b] Football,They'll Wish Their [b]Team[/b] Was As Good As Their [b]Mouth[/b].. :D

[/quote]

i mostly agree with you except that bushland and godley are in regions 1 and 2 so would only play against region 3 teams in the state title game.  so daingerfield and arp would have to go thru newton and kville first, or whoever makes it to the region finals.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="wowzer99" post="701525" timestamp="1257693033"]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=62097.msg701456#msg701456 date=1257681955]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=62097.msg701441#msg701441 date=1257664796]
[/quote]

[/quote]

i mostly agree with you except that bushland and godley are in regions 1 and 2 so would only play against region 3 teams in the state title game.  so daingerfield and arp would have to go thru newton and kville first, or whoever makes it to the region finals.
[/quote]

Exactly What I Was Trying To Say...It's Not Only KIRBYVILLE AND NEWTON...Thanks For Clearing That Up...

This thread is just dripping with irony. On one hand you have K'ville posters gripping about a lack of respect from a deep East Texas web site yet they've already placed themselves in a postion to be playing one of them in the 3rd round. Doesn't K'ville have to play someone those first 2 rounds? Don't know much about CC but I know Anahuac will show up. Don't they deserve some of that same respect?

Won't comment on Newton because they've actually had more than one decent season the the last decade.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="701578" timestamp="1257695671"]
This thread is just dripping with irony. On one hand you have K'ville posters gripping about a lack of respect from a deep East Texas web site yet they've already placed themselves in a postion to be playing one of them in the 3rd round. Doesn't K'ville have to play someone those first 2 rounds? Don't know much about CC but I know Anahuac will show up. Don't they deserve some of that same respect?

Won't comment on Newton because they've actually had more than one decent season the the last decade.
[/quote]

If you refer to a decent season by winning a state title you are way off the mark with that one.  If that were the case only about 12 teams each yr would have successful seasons.  Look back to when Kirbyville was one of the smallest 3A teams in the state yet advanced to the 3rd round 3-4 yrs.  WE as fans can look past games all we want....i promise you that the coaches and players aren't looking past anyone.

We as fans of Kirbyville and Newton can talk about each other, but don't much like other people talking about either one of us. I think Kirbyville will tend to business. They may not have a state championship trophy, but they definitely have a winning program that is capable of beating anyone in the state, including Arp, like last year. Just stand in line and wait your turn uknowit2. They'll get to you.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
I Went Over To Smoaky And Read The Entire 5 Pages Or So,And I Had The Feeling That It Was Kirbyville More Than Newton,That Most Of Their Remarks Were Directed To...It's Amusing To Me,No One Else Matters In The 2A Class But Arp & Daingerfield..As Always It's A Few Of The Less Knowledgable Of Football,But Have Some Hellacious Opinions Of Things That They Try To Force On Other People,Of The Way They Would Like Things To Be,Rather Than The Way Things Really Are..It's A Reality Thing...Oh Well, Iv'e Heard The WIND Blow Before.... ::)

Guest Arptiger
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="701652" timestamp="1257701047"]
We as fans of Kirbyville and Newton can talk about each other, but don't much like other people talking about either one of us. I think Kirbyville will tend to business. They may not have a state championship trophy, but they definitely have a winning program that is capable of beating anyone in the state, including Arp, like last year. Just stand in line and wait your turn uknowit2. They'll get to you.
[/quote]
what since kirbyville beat yall your all buddy buddy with them we will handle kirbyville by at least 28 points and if yall combined your teams we would be beat yall by 20 still

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="701792" timestamp="1257714148"]
Not only buddies, but family. Something you may not know anything about. Arp, isn't that the sound someone makes when they throwup?
[/quote]
:) it is let em talk they will realize in  the third round southeast texas is a powerhouse we will smoke arp

History is written by the victors. So, until Arp becomes the victor, I will consider all such "classless/trash talking" posts as nothing more than "revisionist History". Let the historical record show that Kirbyville beat Arp in the 2008 playoffs and, unless Arp kicks it in gear this season, the Wildcats will do the same in 2009. Good luck to you Tigers. I wish your boys well!

Let the games begin!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder