*Evadale vs. Colmesneil/Evadale wins 21-18/Comments

Guess I'll be accused of trash-talkin for saying this...Way to go Rebs!!!!  Undefeated district champs!!!  We've heard it all the last few weeks but when the dust settled, 10-0 CHAMPIONS!!!  REPEAT CHAMPIONS!!!

All you did was beat everyone that squared off against you...Great job!!   

Good job Dogs and good luck in the playoffs.

WOW. What a game. Evadale came out tonight to play ball. But just when you are feeling good about the game, a blocked punt for a touchdown, then a bad snap over the punters head changes everything. But Evadale rallied back for a td. The last 3 minutes of this game was excellent for both sides. The Rebel D stepped it up and played with HEART AND GUTS and stopped Colmesneil on 4th and 4 with I think 8 seconds left in the game. It has been said over and over again and it was proven tonight [u][b]DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!![/b][/u] Rebels you have shown why you are 10-0. Be proud of yourselves

[quote name="TheCardinalFan" post="700016" timestamp="1257569372"]
Congrats to the Rebels on the District Championship.  Congrats to the Bulldogs on 2nd and to the Bobcats in 3rd.  Good Luck in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Evadale did just enough to win again.  Undefeated District Champs.  Make SE Texas proud in the playoffs.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="700272" timestamp="1257572338"]
Congrats Evadale in joining PNG in the undefeated ranks.
[/quote]

Congrats back at ya PNG. It has been 32 years since PNG has gone undefeated according to Channel 6 and for the Rebels as far as I can find out this is the first time that Evadale has ever gone undefeated.

I can say tonights game was one of the most exciting games I can recall ever seeing. You have to hand it to the Bulldogs from Colmesneil, they never gave up. But I can'tsay enough about the character of the Rebels on their final drive to retake the lead after they fell behind 18-14.

Now it is no to the playoffs and its a week before we find out who we play next, Dawson or Mart who meet at bi-district next week. This is the forth straight trip to the playoffs for the Rebels the first two as the 3rd place team and the last two as undefeated district champions. Coach Mark Williams has built a program that the community is so proud of and that greater things are expected from year to year. In the last 18 games the Rebels are 17-1. Now the job is to make a mark in the playoffs and who knows?

The Rebels can take great pride in the fact that they have gone undefeated in district for the past two seasons. They will be the last 23A champions before the division format goes into place next year. For anyone who does not get the opportunity two watch "iron man football" 1A style I feel sorry for you. teams like Evadale, Colmesneil, Hull-Daisetta, West Hardin, High Island, Sabine Pass and Burkeville have players going both ways some never leaving the field their are no specillists just young men doing what it takes to be a part of their team and hopefully be a part of a winning team.

Thanks for a great season 23A I know we will see you later in basketball and baseball hope are teams continue to reach for the stars because they are all full of so many stars it is hard to count them all. 

Evadale has crossed some huge hurdles over the last two years....Beating an ALWAYS good Hull-Daisetta team on the varsity level for the first time in school history, last year, going undefeated in District, now the last two years.  And season undefeated this year.  This is the way Real Programs start.  Good job to coach Williams and his staff....Looks even better next year.

OK, lets cross another hurdle, get the first playoff win in a long time...We're behind you fellas...Go get em!!!

Lets make Wilkins wait another week (I'm sure he won't mind)

Good luck to Hull-D and Colmesneil in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• So buddy is the OC and AD and you have a head football coach interesting 
    • FBC transfer most likely will. He’s already been on several recruiting visits and has been looking decent on the camp circuit for only being a freshman. I don’t think his family will let him sit past this year though.   JV kid is decent but he’s not really anybody I think you want to rely on competing against good teams with. He has some moxie but he’s smallish and doesn’t have a lot of arm talent. I think he would stay and be a backup no matter what or switch positions if the FBC kid stays. 
    • Oh an institution can move away from God, and the USA is running away from God.  I am not trying to chase you off - this is a free site.  I just wish people would be more open to alternative view points.  The devil wants to sow division.  Nice to hear you admit that God is love.  I generally try to stay off this side of the site - would much rather talk baseball and small town sports.
    • I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  
    • It’s always funny to me when present day republicans start talking about what 19th century republicans did, because you’re absolutely right.  Point it out and they get mad, though.  And I vote Republican 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Topics