WO-S District Champions - 7th & 8th grade

Homer

The Stallions 7th grade team defeated Orangefield 28-0 to finish the season 7-0.  They outscored opponents 268-0 on the season.

The Stallions 8th grade team beat Orangefield 36-14 to finish undefeated in district and 6-1 overall.

Congrats guys on the outstanding seasons!!

To outscore your opponents 268-0 at any age level is unreal! No fumbles for a TD or bad snaps into the endzone or missed tackles for long TD's. What are the odds?

Will be interesting to see these kids in the near future. Could keep Dan Ray in the Mustang saddle for several more years knowing what is coming.

Congratulations to the kids and coaches!

[quote name="badndn" post="698905" timestamp="1257526782"]
To outscore your opponents 268-0 at any age level is unreal! No fumbles for a TD or bad snaps into the endzone or missed tackles for long TD's. What are the odds?

Will be interesting to see these kids in the near future. Could keep Dan Ray in the Mustang saddle for several more years knowing what is coming.

Congratulations to the kids and coaches!
[/quote]

Thanks ndn!

Please don't take this as any disrespect but didn't all the 8th grade programs play an incomplete schedule? I know WOS had 2 games cancelled and all the other schools had games during district cancelled as well. Hard to declare a true district champ under those circumstances isn't it? :-\ I would however like to congratulate all the local middle school players for some great football this year. I saw plenty of games from all over the triangle and beyond, the talent pool is deep and the football future shines bright.

Rake1

Kinda seems like 6 degrees of seperation, you may have dated Paris Hilton with that kind of logic!! A pre district game doesn't count does it? So I guess now maybe we can revert to scrimmages and settle the issue ;D ;D. "We beat you in a scrimmage and our regular game got cancelled so we get the win, hooray we are the champs!!". Incomplete schedule....period.

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="Rake1" post="699142" timestamp="1257546191"]
Kinda seems like 6 degrees of seperation, you may have dated Paris Hilton with that kind of logic!! A pre district game doesn't count does it? So I guess now maybe we can revert to scrimmages and settle the issue ;D ;D. "We beat you in a scrimmage and our regular game got cancelled so we get the win, hooray we are the champs!!". Incomplete schedule....period.
[/quote]

There is no such thing as a DISTRICT CHAMPION in middle school....only self proclaimed.

See you in 2010!  WOS undefeated in district 2009

[quote name="Silsbee88" post="699154" timestamp="1257546580"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=61945.msg699142#msg699142 date=1257546191]
[/quote]

Gasilla's light doesn't burn that bright.....besides WOS is always the UNDISPUTED DISTRICT CHAMPS RIGHT!

There is no such thing as a DISTRICT CHAMPION in middle school....only self proclaimed.

See you in 2010!  WOS undefeated in district 2009
[/quote]

88... my light burns bright enough to know hypocrisy when I see it.  ;) Don't try to turn this into another, "hey gang, let's gang up on the big bad WOS thread" either. You did the same thing you claim coop did and you got called out for it. Don't act like a little ticked off teenager now and start throwing insults at me personally unless you want it back at you. And, lay off the smite button because I can do it just as well as you can.

Rake, you can look at it any way you want. The bottom line is that our record in district is better than anyone else. There is no such thing as an "incomplete" season. If you don't play the whole thing then it goes to the team with the best record. Period. And Silsbee sure as heck was claiming a district title last year with their 7th grade so apparently there ARE district champions.

Gas,
I can't speak for Silsbee on the 7th grade championship but I do know that all the games were not played. I guess we can amend the district championship claim to a more factual "district leader" since they lack 2 games on their record ;D ;D ;D. Congrats. Good luck to the Stangs tonite and in the playoffs.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="699277" timestamp="1257556590"]
Gas,
I can't speak for Silsbee on the 7th grade championship but I do know that all the games were not played. I guess we can amend the district championship claim to a more factual "district leader" since they lack 2 games on their record ;D ;D ;D. Congrats. Good luck to the Stangs tonite and in the playoffs.

Rake1
[/quote]

You can only be the "leader" when the race is not over. The race is over, we are the champions. Period. ;D ;D ;D

Moral victory I guess. I wonder if they will put an asterisk out beside the result ;) ;) in order to show that there are issues with the outcome. Kinda like winning the Daytona 500 due to rain after 400 miles, almost there but not quite ;D ;D. Things that make you go......HHHHMMMMMM!

[quote name="Rake1" post="700679" timestamp="1257609775"]
Moral victory I guess. I wonder if they will put an asterisk out beside the result ;) ;) in order to show that there are issues with the outcome. Kinda like winning the Daytona 500 due to rain after 400 miles, almost there but not quite ;D ;D. Things that make you go......HHHHMMMMMM!
[/quote]

Moral victory? That's funny being that all of our victories were on the field. Why are you so concerned about the Middle School district anyway? I think you have more involved in this than you are letting on... ;) THAT makes me go hmmmmmmmmm. ;D

Pardon me, let me rephrase, not moral victory just default district championship due to incomplete schedule.  8) 8) I'm no more involved in this than the next guy, I'm a baseball dude and have players on nearly every team in the district so my allegiance is to no school but to a few kids ;D. I have certainly enjoyed this little spirited discussion, I guess I will unhook you and release you to fight another day. Nothing like internet fishing.

Rake1

and my two cents worth is: who the crap cares who is the official district champions and who isnt?  Why cant everyone just say: Job well done! and stop making so much trouble out of this?  If we (WOS) beat your team during the season: say Good game! and go on with it and stop trying to take away the well played games our kids did!  Same goes for the vice versa!

Seems like every topic that is posted has to have someone, sometimes several, who just have to cause trouble and say negative things.  No wonder this world is so screwed up and people are killing others for no good reason.  If this is what we are teaching our kids then we shouldn't be surprised when they go postal on others --- they learned from the grown ups that the way to handle something you don't like is to cause trouble.

Geez .. this is really getting out of hand!

QueenB,
it would serve you well to read the entire post next time before you jump in and get on a high horse ;). I have already congratulated all the middle school players for a great year earlier in the thread so get your facts straight and then come on back and join in. As far as my ongoing conversation with Gas it's all in good fun between two folks who just see things differently, nothing personal and nothing meant to be anything more than good natured debate. Gas is a very knowledgeable dude and I don't dispute that, all I said was that there's another side to the story or claim and I gave my version. Last time I looked we are entitled to do that every now and again. I have no problem saying I agree to disagree on this subject. QueenB you may now proceed with your regularly scheduled holier than thou programming ::).

Rake1

Gas, don't worry about it, some people just can't stand to see wo-s succeed and want to try and jump on anything they can to make the Stangs look bad or to take credit away from them!!  The no district champion in MS thing is kinda funny.  Would it be the same then in freshman and jv?  because hey, they do not go to playoffs and just play a regular season just like ms.  If so why didn't ya'll jump all over Nederland because they said they were undefeated champs in freshman, or png for being champs in jv???  oh yea, its because they are not wo-s. 

In 8th grade who else would be the district champ besides wo-s? 

silsbee?  nope, lost to wo-s
HF?  nope, lost to wo-s
OF? nope, lost to wo-s
BC? nope lost to wo-s (yep, it was a non-district game.  they still lost, it wasn't a scrimmage  ::)
HJ? lost to just about everyone they played

The wo-s 7th grade didnt give up a point the entire year!!  The only team they unfortunately did not get to play was HJ. 

HF  26  HJ  6

WO-S  53  HF  0

Speake volumes!  I know you don't care, and blah blah Daytona 500, moral victory, and all that garbage.  Good thing the wo-s kids don't give a rip what you think either, they know they are district champs!!  They may have only beaten Silsbee because they had like 19 people out hurt, but thats football!!

Homer, this one's for you!

Simple math

5 district games scheduled

3 district games played

U figure it out!!

I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, 3-0 in district is 3-0 in district. Congrats to the undefeated Mustangs, players, coaches, and all associated with the program because your future is bright. Riojas, Shug, Hallman, and all the coaches should be commended for their work this year. I feel like I have justified my statements as best I can, no sense trying to have a conversation with someone who won't listen to any other ideas. Have a good one, I'm out!

With Respect,
Rake1

[quote name="Homer" post="702251" timestamp="1257740789"]
Gas, don't worry about it, some people just can't stand to see wo-s succeed and want to try and jump on anything they can to make the Stangs look bad or to take credit away from them!!  The no district champion in MS thing is kinda funny.  Would it be the same then in freshman and jv?  because hey, they do not go to playoffs and just play a regular season just like ms.  If so why didn't ya'll jump all over Nederland because they said they were undefeated champs in freshman, or png for being champs in jv???  oh yea, its because they are not wo-s. 

In 8th grade who else would be the district champ besides wo-s? 

silsbee?  nope, lost to wo-s
HF?  nope, lost to wo-s
OF? nope, lost to wo-s
BC? nope lost to wo-s (yep, it was a non-district game.  they still lost, it wasn't a scrimmage  ::)
HJ? lost to just about everyone they played

The wo-s 7th grade didnt give up a point the entire year!!  The only team they unfortunately did not get to play was HJ. 

HF  26   HJ  6

WO-S   53   HF  0

Speake volumes!  I know you don't care, and blah blah Daytona 500, moral victory, and all that garbage.  Good thing the wo-s kids don't give a rip what you think either, they know they are district champs!!  They may have only beaten Silsbee because they had like 19 people out hurt, but thats football!!

[/quote]and lets not mention that silsbee beat bridge city 6-0 also. just had 2 comment on that.

Hey Homer, why don't you get your mom to read this to you so you can understand it. HJ ended the season 6-1 homeboy! Lost to a team they should have beaten easily, but thats why we play the game, because anyone is beatable. You can declare yourself district champs all you want, but that HJ 7th grade group is the real deal and will be a force for WOS to deal with for the next 5 years. You see, football is a game that you have to play to see who wins. There are all sorts of variables that fall into place when different teams play each other. Until they have playoffs and a Championship game, WOS 7th grade is just another 7th grade team. Your season wasn't even finished so how can you call yourself a champion? Oh that's right, you cant! I know, why don't ya'll call yourselves the "Peoples Champion"? Oh that's right, nobody likes yall. HF did beat us because they were better prepared that day than we were. That's football. We understand it, so should you.

Yes I can read, and yes I completely understand your point.  I have heard that HJ had a pretty good 7th grade team.  thats good.  I can understand your point and not agree, right.  Can you do that too?  That 6-1 record for HJ is darn good, congratulations.  7-0 is better homeboy.

Will be a pretty good game between the two next year in 8th grade I guess.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83