Best football player in 23-1A ?

Who is the best football player in 23-1A ?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best football player in 23-1A ?

• Keith Gilmore- H-D
    • Billy Nichols- Evadale
    • Jared Eaves- Colmesneil

Playoff bound 1A teams: District 1-1A:
Canadian (8-1; 4-0)
District 3-1A:
Nazareth (5-4; 4-0)
Bovina (7-2; 3-1)
White Deer (4-5; 3-1)

District 4-1A:
Wellington (8-0; 4-1)
Wheeler (8-1; 3-1)
Clarendon (7-2; 3-1)

District 5-1A:
Springlake-Earth (7-1; 3-0)

District 6-1A:
New Deal (9-0; 4-0)
Olton (7-2; 3-1)

District 7-1A:
Seagraves (8-1; 4-0)

District 8-1A:
Iraan (7-2, 3-0)
Van Horn (6-3; 3-1)

District 9-1A:
Munday (8-1, 4-0)

District 11-1A:
Hamlin (7-2; 4-0)
Roscoe (6-3; 3-1)
Haskell (5-4; 3-1)

District 12-1A:
Albany (9-0; 4-0)
Bronte (9-0; 4-0)
Winters (3-5; 2-2)

District 13-1A:
Lindsay (8-1; 3-0)

District 14-1A:
Quinlan Boles (8-0; 4-0)
Wolfe City (5-4; 4-0)

District 15-1A:
Tolar (7-2; 4-0)
De Leon (6-3; 3-1)
District 17-1A:
Maud (6-3; 4-0)
Hawkins (5-4; 3-1)
District 19-1A:
Tenaha (10-0; 6-0)
Joaquin (7-2; 4-1)

District 20-1A:
Cayuga (7-1; 5-0)
Alto (8-2; 5-1)

District 21-1A:
Dawson (7-1; 5-0)

District 22-1A:
Lovelady (9-0; 4-0)
Riesel (6-2; 3-1)
Mart (5-4; 3-1)

District 23-1A:
Evadale (9-0; 6-0)
Colmesneil (7-2; 6-0)
Hull-Daisetta (4-5; 4-2)

District 25-1A:
Goldthwaite (9-0; 3-0)
Chilton (6-3; 3-1)

District 26-1A:
Thorndale (7-2; 4-0)
Barlett (6-2; 3-1)

District 27-1A:
Shiner (8-1; 4-0)

District 29-1A:
Mason (8-2; 6-0)
Junction (5-4; 4-1)

District 30-1A:
La Pryor (8-0-1; 6-0)
D’Hanis (6-3; 5-1)

District 31-1A:
Falls City (9-0; 4-0)
Yorktown (8-1; 3-1)
Woodsboro (5-4; 3-1)

District 32-1A:
Ben Bolt (7-1; 5-0)
Bruni (7-1-1; 4-1)

Email
Printer Friendly

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Dont know how anyone cannot include Burkeville's Jeremy Robertson (#6) in this discussion. He has dominated on defense this year and has been a huge reason the Mustangs are on the rise.

[quote name="H.I._Cardinals" post="697292" timestamp="1257379848"]
I am going to write in James Lupeheke from High Island.  IMO he is the best player in the district.
[/quote]

Was he the WR/CB? If so then yeah you could throw his name in there. Very good athlete has great speed.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="697598" timestamp="1257396049"]
These three players we are voting on lead their teams to playoff births. All three players are awesome and will be first team all District, one will be District MVP.
[/quote]

All three will be First Team, but only two of the names listed will be considered MVP and they will be battling each other Friday night.  James Lupeheke should still be considered in this list as should a player from WH.  

[quote name="HI_CARDINALS_2012" post="697816" timestamp="1257435967"]
James Lupeheke is the best player in our district.
[/quote]

Leli Lupeheke might not be the very best in our district (of course, HI fans think he is! ;D) but he certainly does deserve to be included. What a year he had!!! Can't wait to see what he brings to the field next year as a senior.

[font=Tahoma][size=16pt][color=maroon]GO CARDINALS!![/color][/size][/font]

I agree with The Cardinal Fan

The MVP will be decided Friday night in Evadale. If the Rebels win then I think Nichols is a lock for MVP if the Bulldogs win then Eaves  will get the nod.

I believe the same is true when it come to Coach of the year in the district the team that wins their coach will get the honor. I am not taking anything away from Coach Harper and the job he has done at Burkeville, I would even consider the job and the difficult situation at Chester to consider Coach Franklin, Coach Westfall did a fine job in a rebuilding year at WH as did the HD coach and the SP coach.

I believe that our district is filled with great talent and outstanding coaching and I don't mind saying so.

Friday night will be a bittersweet night as it will probably be the last time our district looks like it does today. The D1 D2 division will mean smaller districts in order to fill out the bracket so in the future games between Evadale and HD, WH and HI and Colmesniel and Sabine Pass will be non district games and just won't be the same. We all have had to be good for 7 weeks to have a chance at the playoffs we have been in district at least a week before any other district in the area. Our games have "counted" from game four on. I will miss the rivalries that have been many years in the making and when the D1's do line up against the D2's as I am sure they will do to fill out the schedules we can all look back and say, "Remember the good ole days of 23A and all those Friday night battles, now that was fun!"

Guest billy madison
billy nichols is by far the best athlete in 23-1a he is on every special team and hardly eve comes out of the game on offense or defense so its hard for anyone to compete with him

Lets not forget how difficult of a season H-D has had. H-D lost 4 starters for the season due to injuries in preseason. All together H-D lost 8 players on the season. Keith Gilmore was the main target to stop every week, most of his help on the field was freshman and sophomore players. Considering H-D's hardships and they still make the playoffs, way to go Bobcats not sure many teams could have pulled that off. I believe Keith Gilmore is by far the best football player in this District. Also Coach Slack should be considered for Coach of the year in our District for pulling through all the injuries and making the playoffs.

Well 55 we got to make sure the HD dont get done wrong again for district pick like lastyear.....Gilmore should get it this year...and lastyear Gilmore had over 60 tackles lastyear as a sophmore and didn't get nothing for it and all them other coach's didn't know nothing cause they picked Tre' Dickerson for first team defencive end and he played line backer.....so we got to watch it

I hate to break the news to you guys, but you will not have a say so in the District selections.  The Coaches are the only ones who make selections.  Their is a pretty simple process that the group of Coaches follow and the parents or fans do not get a say in their decision.  Usually it all works out.  But you can't make everyone happy all of the time.

[quote name="TheCardinalFan" post="698101" timestamp="1257448899"]
I hate to break the news to you guys, but you will not have a say so in the District selections.  The Coaches are the only ones who make selections.  Their is a pretty simple process that the group of Coaches follow and the parents or fans do not get a say in their decision.  Usually it all works out.  But you can't make everyone happy all of the time.
[/quote] Yes I believe everyone knows the Coaches pick the all District players. No need to state it.

Guest billy madison
well last year the harvey kid from evadale got first team all district at linebacker so i guess he must have played pretty hard so im sorry that gilmore didnt get recognized maybe it was his attitude tht the coaches didnt like.... ;D

[quote name="billy madison" post="698734" timestamp="1257517926"]
well last year the harvey kid from evadale got first team all district at linebacker so i guess he must have played pretty hard so im sorry that gilmore didnt get recognized maybe it was his attitude tht the coaches didnt like.... ;D
[/quote]

Attitude has more to do with this selection than most people realize!!!!!  Some people never realize it!!!!!

[quote name="TheCardinalFan" post="698743" timestamp="1257518605"]
[quote author=billy madison link=topic=61866.msg698734#msg698734 date=1257517926]
[/quote]

Attitude has more to do with this selection than most people realize!!!!!  Some people never realize it!!!!!
[/quote]

"Attitude is a requirement." Some awesome senior from last year stated that.  :D Wish y'all were there last night!!! Nike was incredible to us.

[quote name="billy madison" post="698734" timestamp="1257517926"]
[/quote]Why are you calling out Gilmore? Keith has always shown good sportsmanship to his opponents. Run your mouth about something you know !!!  ::) :-*

I'm going to put it out there i was a senior lastyear and i played the offence of line for HD and i was left tackle and punter and our coach's had a meeting with us after the picks for the district and we got screwed......so Keith Gilmore needs something this year and so does #88 Andy Tanner and #3 Jojo Walker 

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="698974" timestamp="1257531675"]
Slack for coach of the  year??  Colmesneil came out of nowhere to be as good as they are.  I predict that they will end up winning this district by beating Evadale tonight.  Their coach is COTY IMO.

[/quote]Lets not forget how difficult of a season H-D has had. H-D lost 4 starters for the season due to injuries in preseason. All together H-D lost 8 players on the season and still made the playoffs. Coach Slack did a great job with young freshman and sophomores mostly. If H-D had not lost so many of their best players to injuries, they easily win the District Championship.

As I said last week thins question got answered last Friday night.

Nichols from Evadale scored two offensive and one defensive touchdown in the biggest district game of the year. He also enginnered the winning drive for the Rebels.

Eaves did some fine running for Colmesneil and picked up some good yardage, but he did not score and his running mate Berry was the leading ground gainer for the team.

The 23A MVP for 2009 has to be Billy Nichols, he is the Rebels team leader and they are undefeated this year. The best player on the best team, hands down!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami