23 1a 09-2010 basketball predictions?

Spurger will be to much they have the most dominant player in the district in Whittaker on their team and arguably the next best player in the district. when you combine that with a maybe the second best coach in the district behind Jason Henry at HD they have to be the favorites don't get me wrong i think that SP has a good team just not at the caliber of spurger but i could be wrong I'm just going off of last year

[quote name="oilerman21" post="697385" timestamp="1257384979"]
Im gonna tell yal right now.. West Hardin lost 6 of their varsity players baecause they said that they dont wanna play for our new coach.. But we still have the ability to go to playoffs. idc what anyones says now we will just have to wait until district!!
[/quote]
THATS CRAZY
WHATS SO BAD ABOUT A NEW COACH????
GOOD LUCK OILERS
HOPE YALL GET IT TOGETHER

[quote name="CATMAN" post="697328" timestamp="1257382208"]
Folks SP HD SPURGER ARE IN 25-1A ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote][quote author=CATMAN link=topic=61834.msg697382#msg697382 date=1257384822]
[quote author=ghostt link=topic=61834.msg697355#msg697355 date=1257383318]
[quote author=Twiggy link=topic=61834.msg697053#msg697053 date=1257365492]
Spurger, Evadale and HD
[/quote]
NO SHARKS?????
[/quote] Not in 23-1a BUCK-O :o :o :o :o :o
[/quote]
OOOOPPPPPSSSSS

[quote name="Twiggy" post="697053" timestamp="1257365492"]
Spurger, Evadale and HD
[/quote] I understand that everyone has there own opinion but Twiggy that's just unheard of ;D
Sharks lost 1 starter that avg 8pt, 9rebs 5blocks everyone else is back.

Spurger will be a great team but i wouldn't go as far to say spurger has a higher caliber then the sharks. I see us pretty much even, but i guess that will be determined Jan-15 and Feb-2. I'm sure the fans will get there money worth again.

but yea we're 25a... who's in 23a?

Spurger wins it unless SP can develope a PG to put pressure on Spurgers D.
1. Spurger
2 Sabine Pass
3. Hull Daisetta

4/5=Toss up Evadales players move because they don't like the coach and West Hardin won't play for the new coach  ::) ::)I must be getting old,I remember when we played because we loved the game regardless of who the coach was.

[quote name="ghostt" post="697392" timestamp="1257385246"]
[quote author=oilerman21 link=topic=61834.msg697385#msg697385 date=1257384979]
Im gonna tell yal right now.. West Hardin lost 6 of their varsity players baecause they said that they dont wanna play for our new coach.. But we still have the ability to go to playoffs. idc what anyones says now we will just have to wait until district!!
[/quote]
THATS CRAZY
WHATS SO BAD ABOUT A NEW COACH????
GOOD LUCK OILERS
HOPE YALL GET IT TOGETHER
[/quote]Some of them said that they just don't like him. But we will get it together.

[quote name="whsalum" post="697476" timestamp="1257389457"]
1. Spurger
2 Sabine Pass
3. Hull Daisetta

4/5=Toss up Evadales players move because they don't like the coach and West Hardin won't play for the new coach  ::) ::)[color=limegreen][b]I must be getting old,I remember when we played because we loved the game regardless of who the coach was.[/b][/color]
[/quote]I agree with that i play cause i love the sport.. reguardless who the coach is..

[quote name="whsalum" post="697476" timestamp="1257389457"]
1. Spurger
2 Sabine Pass
3. Hull Daisetta

4/5=Toss up Evadales players move because they don't like the coach and West Hardin won't play for the new coach ::) ::)I must be getting old,I remember when we played because we loved the game regardless of who the coach was.
[/quote]Sorry My computer has been down so I have missed a lot. But to set the record straight,We never moved because of any coach in Evadale. CourtSide said that if a player is good enough coaches will find you no matter what size school you play at, I disagree. In 2001 when the evadale team won state there was not a better player in the whole state any better than Jason Wilkins, I watched him dominate the state playoffs. He had to go to a Jr Co. for two years then went to play at Nichol St. When there he lead the team in 3 point %. In My Opinion, if he would have played at a larger high school he would have been looked at by better and bigger programs. As a parent I feel it is my responsibility to provide my son with the best opportunity to be successfull. I know everyone can't move to a larger school but fortunately I owned land in Winnie so we were able to move.                                                                                                                                          Someone posted that he was not the best player on the team last year. In no way have I ever said he was, He was a Soph and only 6'2'' last year.  If I in anyway I implied he was I apologize for that. He may not even make the starting team at EC. If he does I feel he will get looked at now that he is 6'6'' and playing in a bigger school . I wish nothing but the best of luck to the Evadale Program. I have coached most every player on this team since most were 8 years old, and I will miss watching them . Again Best Of Luck To the Rebles and have a great year. Please keep me posted onall your games

Most of your great small school players in SETX are lucky to go the JUCO route.In Wilkins case he finished his career at a mid major which is quite an accomplisment.I have never been a fan of moving kids to try to get college attention,it just doesn't work.Leave em where they go to school and let them enjoy playing with the kids they grew up with.They will be better off in the long run.No disrespect to EC because they have had some great high school basketball teams over the last 10-15 years but not many went on to play college ball.I hope everyone enjoys the season and best of luck to all the clubs.

[quote name="whsalum" post="703157" timestamp="1257825966"]
Most of your great small school players in SETX are lucky to go the JUCO route.In Wilkins case he finished his career at a mid major which is quite an accomplisment.I have never been a fan of moving kids to try to get college attention,it just doesn't work.Leave em where they go to school and let them enjoy playing with the kids they grew up with.They will be better off in the long run.No disrespect to EC because they have had some great high school basketball teams over the last 10-15 years but not many went on to play college ball.I hope everyone enjoys the season and best of luck to all the clubs.
[/quote]You have made my point, no matter how good of a player one is , if he is at a 1a class school he will be lucky to go to a JUCO. I dont think that is fair but that seems to be the way it is. I personally am trying to reach higher than that for my son. He might not make it, but it wont be for the lack of doing everything in our powers to get there. It is his goal to play at the next level and I hope this move will help him reach it.

[quote name="True Blue" post="703322" timestamp="1257861400"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=61834.msg703157#msg703157 date=1257825966]
[/quote]You have made my point, no matter how good of a player one is , if he is at a 1a class school he will be lucky to go to a JUCO. I dont think that is fair but that seems to be the way it is. I personally am trying to reach higher than that for my son. He might not make it, but it wont be for the lack of doing everything in our powers to get there. It is his goal to play at the next level and I hope this move will help him reach it.
[/quote] Not True

[quote name="CATMAN" post="703628" timestamp="1257886877"]
[quote author=Sportsfreak11 link=topic=61834.msg703409#msg703409 date=1257868415]
i think it'll be a close cal for 1st place for the sharks. u never know what will happen.

best of luck to all teams!  ;D
[/quote] The Sharks are in 25-1a not 23-1a ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
OK MR CAT WE GET IT
THIS TOPIC WILL PROBABLY STAY AT 25-1A

[quote name="ghostt" post="703835" timestamp="1257906573"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=61834.msg703628#msg703628 date=1257886877]
[quote author=Sportsfreak11 link=topic=61834.msg703409#msg703409 date=1257868415]
i think it'll be a close cal for 1st place for the sharks. u never know what will happen.

best of luck to all teams!  ;D
[/quote] The Sharks are in 25-1a not 23-1a ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
OK MR CAT WE GET IT
THIS TOPIC WILL PROBABLY STAY AT 25-1A
[/quote] OK

[quote name="True Blue" post="703322" timestamp="1257861400"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=61834.msg703157#msg703157 date=1257825966]
[/quote]It's easy to get caught up in the hype of playing at the next level but you have to be realistic.Some really good local players over the last several years have had the opportunity to play D-3 ball.A few have been good enough to go the JUCO route and the cream of the local crop have had a chance to go to the mid majorsThese include the Hancocks and Hall from Kountze and Donahoe and Netherly from HJ and WOS respectively.I don't mean any disrespect to anyone but the talent level it takes to play at the JUCO or mid major level will shock you.E/C has a rich tradition in high school basketball but it won't take a long list to name their mid major and above players.Don't lose sight of the next 2 seasons, they should be the best times in a high school players life.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476