Moderator Suggestion

bh89-2

I have a suggestion for the Moderators to make this board more user friendly

If someone post something that is innappropriate, delete it and send them a private message explaining why.  I have watched and even been involved with a number of public forum exhanges this year that have no place in open forum.  I experienced it when I questioned how the SETXSPORTS ranking votes were geographically obtained, PNG fan got it when he developed an open fan ranking system using WOSGRAD's format, and RANGER83 is getting it now in the GCM vs. KP thread.  This adds no value to this site and takes away from the fun and interaction that makes it so successful.

My two pennies, a moderator calling a user's mouth a "pie hole" and threatning him in open forum is a bit out of line.    

[quote name="bh89-2" post="694398" timestamp="1257178372"]

If someone post something that is innappropriate, delete it and send them a private message explaining why.  I have watched and even been involved with a number of public forum exhanges this year that have no place in open forum.  I experienced it when I questioned how the SETXSPORTS ranking votes were geographically obtained, RYKERX144 got it when he developed an open fan ranking system using WOSGRAD's format, and RANGER83 is getting it now in the GCM vs. KP thread.  This adds no value to this site and takes away from the fun and interaction that makes it so successful.

My two pennies, a moderator calling a user's mouth a "pie hole" and threatning him in open forum is a bit out of line.    
[/quote]

I created the fan rankings system but quit because it became a headache constantly arguing with a couple folks over something intended to be fun.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="695089" timestamp="1257208680"]
That was not me that started the fan rankings.  I offered to help with it but I guess it fell through.  

[/quote]

Your right, my error........sorry there RykerX (I'll edit).  It was a PNG fan who dropped me a PM.  He posted above.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="694398" timestamp="1257178372"]

If someone post something that is innappropriate, delete it and send them a private message explaining why.  I have watched and even been involved with a number of public forum exhanges this year that have no place in open forum.  I experienced it when I questioned how the SETXSPORTS ranking votes were geographically obtained, PNG fan got it when he developed an open fan ranking system using WOSGRAD's format, and RANGER83 is getting it now in the GCM vs. KP thread.  This adds no value to this site and takes away from the fun and interaction that makes it so successful.

[/quote]

bh-2, usually how you have suggested it is how I do it.  However, more and more, instead of showing contrition for failure to follow board rule, my pms were met with indignence and complaints about "selective moderation."  In fact, you have been one of the very few exceptions to the rule. 

But let's take the different situations that you put up.  First, you "getting it" when you questioned how the SETXSPORTS rankings votes were obtained.  As I recall there was no exchange there....you had suggested that the staff give information about their geographic info and bias' and I obliged.  That was met with basically "I was only kiddin'."

Second, I don't recall PNG1992 getting heat from moderators about his fan poll.  I recall that the heat came from the same place that heat about the staff poll....other posters.

And finally the situation yesterday.  Ranger83 made a remark in a thread which targeted a school's graduates as "thugs."  Now, my style of moderation is that if I can edit out a portion of a thread that violates board rules and still preserve the post, I will do that.  I don't like deleting posts...someone put some time and at least some thought into it.  That is what I did with Ranger 83's post...I did not change any words, just deleted the offending portion.  Ranger83, not I, wished to make this public by demanding to know why the thread had been edited.  After I told him why, he DEMANDED that I never edit his posts but delete them outright...such a post would have bought many folks a vacation, I chose to warn him in public.

The moral of the story, if you don't want the dirty laundry aired in public, then don't put it in public.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="695233" timestamp="1257214653"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=61753.msg694398#msg694398 date=1257178372]

[/quote]

bh-2, usually how you have suggested it is how I do it.  However, more and more, instead of showing contrition for failure to follow board rule, my pms were met with indignence and complaints about "selective moderation."  In fact, you have been one of the very few exceptions to the rule. 

But let's take the different situations that you put up.  First, you "getting it" when you questioned how the SETXSPORTS rankings votes were obtained.  As I recall there was no exchange there....you had suggested that the staff give information about their geographic info and bias' and I obliged.  That was met with basically "I was only kiddin'."

Second, I don't recall PNG1992 getting heat from moderators about his fan poll.  I recall that the heat came from the same place that heat about the staff poll....other posters.

And finally the situation yesterday.  Ranger83 made a remark in a thread which targeted a school's graduates as "thugs."  Now, my style of moderation is that if I can edit out a portion of a thread that violates board rules and still preserve the post, I will do that.  I don't like deleting posts...someone put some time and at least some thought into it.  That is what I did with Ranger 83's post...I did not change any words, just deleted the offending portion.  Ranger83, not I, wished to make this public by demanding to know why the thread had been edited.  After I told him why, he DEMANDED that I never edit his posts but delete them outright...such a post would have bought many folks a vacation, I chose to warn him in public.

The moral of the story, if you don't want the dirty laundry aired in public, then don't put it in public.
[/quote]

That is not true.  The moderators are the ones that was mocking the fan rankings.  If my memory serves me correctly AggiesAreWe, Adminbaberuth, Bmtsouja, and your all might KFDMCOOP all had fun mocking the rankings and being disrespectful.  Once again you use lies to justify your actions. 

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="695363" timestamp="1257220268"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=61753.msg695233#msg695233 date=1257214653]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=61753.msg694398#msg694398 date=1257178372]

[/quote]

bh-2, usually how you have suggested it is how I do it.  However, more and more, instead of showing contrition for failure to follow board rule, my pms were met with indignence and complaints about "selective moderation."  In fact, you have been one of the very few exceptions to the rule.  

But let's take the different situations that you put up.  First, you "getting it" when you questioned how the SETXSPORTS rankings votes were obtained.  As I recall there was no exchange there....you had suggested that the staff give information about their geographic info and bias' and I obliged.  That was met with basically "I was only kiddin'."

Second, I don't recall PNG1992 getting heat from moderators about his fan poll.  I recall that the heat came from the same place that heat about the staff poll....other posters.

And finally the situation yesterday.  Ranger83 made a remark in a thread which targeted a school's graduates as "thugs."  Now, my style of moderation is that if I can edit out a portion of a thread that violates board rules and still preserve the post, I will do that.  I don't like deleting posts...someone put some time and at least some thought into it.  That is what I did with Ranger 83's post...I did not change any words, just deleted the offending portion.  Ranger83, not I, wished to make this public by demanding to know why the thread had been edited.  After I told him why, he DEMANDED that I never edit his posts but delete them outright...such a post would have bought many folks a vacation, I chose to warn him in public.

[/quote]

That is not true.  The moderators are the ones that was mocking the fan rankings.  If my memory serves me correctly AggiesAreWe, Adminbaberuth, Bmtsouja, and your all might KFDMCOOP all had fun mocking the rankings and being disrespectful.  Once again you use lies to justify your actions.  
[/quote]

What mocking?  Other than the same criticisms that were levied against the staffs.  Life ain't as when you are on the business end of the barbs, is it?  However, I will continue the polls as I really like putting them together.  Yeah, the talk tends to be a pain sometimes, but overall I don't mind the talk because if y'all are griping y'all are posting and if your posting, your reading.

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="695399" timestamp="1257221187"]
If i was to go into your rankings thread and begin saying the same kind of things they were saying it would be deleted immediately.  Double Standards!
[/quote]

Itch?Scratchit,

It's obvious the board isn't up to your standards, what can we do to make your membership more favorable?

Guest airitout123
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="695433" timestamp="1257222845"]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=61753.msg695399#msg695399 date=1257221187]
If i was to go into your rankings thread and begin saying the same kind of things they were saying it would be deleted immediately.  Double Standards!
[/quote]

Itch?Scratchit,

It's obvious the board isn't up to your standards, what can we do to make your membership more favorable?

[/quote]

These are the kinds of moderator responses that you get if you make a comment about post getting deleted for no reason. 

Guest bleed orange
Some of you take this website way to serious. It is all in fun. I enjoy it. What would some of you do if it was not here anymore. Be smart about what you post. Be politically correct and be courteous even though you don't want to be. I don't agree with the moderators actions sometimes but hey this is a free site and they can do what they want. They can also do away with this site. Pick and choose all you message board "Junkies". Yes, I stir the pot but you have never heard me say anything bad about a kid or a coach. A poster, that is a different story. ;D ;D

Good post bleedorange. There is always 1 other option--don't come on here at all! This is supposed to be fun for football fans, it should never get to the point of personal attacks, or degrading remarks about ather schools, coaches, posters, etc. Let's just have fun with it--just my 2 cents! :)

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="695439" timestamp="1257223216"]
All I want is WOSGRAD to quit deleting or changing my post if there is no rules violation.  Just because he does not agree with what I say does not give him the right to delete or edit my post.  If I violate a rule then I agree he has the right.  This is not right and I will not stop until something is done about it.
[/quote]

The rules are posted by the owner of this website. The owner also chooses the moderators and allows them to enforce the forum rules. The moderators having been given that authority and have the right to decide what is a rules violation, not the member that is in question.

Of course, this is a business. Anyone notice all the ads? Every post or web site hit means more revenue to the 'owner'. Nobody is maintaining this site because of the kindness of their heart. It's all about the money.

Posters are the customers. Treat your customers poorly, they'll soon lose interest and revenue will decline. Won't be long until a competitor will arrive on the scene and revenue will fall even further. In my opinion, the constant threats of 'you'll get a vacation' or 'how about two weeks off' are demeaning to the customers. Enforce the rules but please don't talk down to the posters.

What does it take to be a moderator? An advanced degree in web development and Cisco routing or just someone with plenty of extra of time on their hands?

[quote name="uknowit2" post="695558" timestamp="1257255989"]
Of course, this is a business. Anyone notice all the ads? Every post or web site hit means more revenue to the 'owner'. Nobody is maintaining this site because of the kindness of their heart. It's all about the money.

Posters are the customers. Treat your customers poorly, they'll soon lose interest and revenue will decline. Won't be long until a competitor will arrive on the scene and revenue will fall even further. In my opinion, the constant threats of 'you'll get a vacation' or 'how about two weeks off' are demeaning to the customers. Enforce the rules but please don't talk down to the posters.

What does it take to be a moderator? An advanced degree in web development and Cisco routing or just someone with plenty of extra of time on their hands?
[/quote]

:D

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="695545" timestamp="1257254076"]
Political correctness, blah, blah, blah.  Its called an opinion, and just because you may not agree with it, it don't make it wrong.

The bottom line is, don't criticize WOS and West Brook and you willl be ok.
[/quote]

Westbrook?  are you kidding?  Nobody on here defends Westbrook.  But you do seem to attack them every chance you get.  What is your issue with Brook Bobo?  Who do you support?

LOL!  I've heard the song lots of times, but I can't sing along.  You don't get to hear that one on the radio to be able to memorize it like the newer songs.  Ol' Tex Ritter made those places famous though.  My parents are from Teneha (actually Paxton), but like everyone else had moved down this way to make a living.  We still have the old family place up there though, on HWY 84.

What?  I don't have a problem with West Brook.  Although they have passed my expectations for this year, I don't think they are that great.  Just because I don't worship them and don't think they will win district, and think that they have yet to beat any really good teams don't mean that I dislike them.  :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed