***SETXSPORTS.COM WEEK NINE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS***

WOSgrad

I think Evadale is properly ranked. 

Silsbee I think is ranked a little high.  I think Cleveland, Coldspring and WOS(even though Silsbee did beat them) are better teams.

Evadale needs to be proud of where they are ranked and remember these rankings mean NOTHING.
As long as they keep putting up numbers in the Wins Column that is all that matters. 

I didn't say Evadale should be #1.  The logic that a 4-4 team should be above a 8-0 team just doesn't make sense.  I didn't say anything about any other teams in the poll.  I am not an Evadale supporter.  I just see the gap in the poll that is all.  Silsbee and Evadale just happen to be the two teams used as the example.  Heck, if i'm HJ I wouldn't be happy either with two teams in from of them that they beat.  

Actually I retract what I said about Cleveland and Coldspring being ahead of Silsbee.  The strength of Silsbee schedule is pretty good.  They beat some good teams.

I did some quick calculation not including week 0 it appears the that Silsbee opponents win loss is 35-16

Cleveland and Coldsprings have played some really weak teams.  Cleveland and Coldsprings both have losing records. 

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="justsaying" post="688842" timestamp="1256762312"]
i appreciate the calculations...  Silsbee's opponents do have better records... and 4 of those wins are from playing Silsbee.  
[/quote]

And so do 4 of those losses......geeeeeezzz!

Keep in mind that Silsbee was 4:00 min away from being 6-2, now I make no excuses the Tigers did not finish those games.  Lay the blame anywhere you want.

As for Evadale, texashsfootball.com does not even have Evadale ranked in the top 40 in all of 1A, and has Mart with a 4-4 record ranked in the top 25.  They (Evadale)  are only ranked #9 in region III.

I do not care what the ranking say, leave it on the field and let the scoreboard show it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder