Colmesneil???

X Man

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
I think the Bulldogs are indeed the best team in the district. No disrespect to Evadale..but the Bulldog offense is much better..IMO...I think the defenses are about the same. This district will go down to the very last game..with (IMO) both the Bulldogs and Rebels undefeated. Colmesneil can also throw the ball when they want too...it is just that they dont have too much....#8 and #5 can run like the wind. I think injuries will be the Rebels downfall this year. I have seen both play and I feel that Colmesneil is slightly better. The bigger question for me is who gets the 3rd seed. Good luck to all teams still fighting for a playoff spot.

[b]19-13 and 15-0. What are these numbers?[/b]
These are the scores of Colmesneil vs West Hardin and Evadale vs West Hardin
I have said it on another post and I'm gonna say it again. Evadale plays good enough to win. When they NEED a score the offense will fight to get it and then relax a bit as long as the defense is working. When the Rebs see that the other team may be getting close to a score (meaning the defense is getting a little tired of playing defense), the offense will step it back up. Evadale is not here to run the score up. They are here to win. Based on the scores, I believe that Colmesneil tried everything they could to put points on the board and ended up with 19 while Evadale done just enough to stay ahead. Colmesneil allowed 13 points while Evadale allowed 0. I may be wrong, but I sure hope not. We'll see in 2 weeks anyways.

Guest checkmate
No offense Johnnyreb...but those numbers you flashed mean absolutely nothing. The reason why is football is a game of matchups and styles....Evadale may matchup better against a certain team and Colmesneil another..ect.....This is really true in high school football. From what I have seen and heard, The rebels do not matchup well against the bulldogs...speed kills and the bulldogs have a ton of it...the rebels from what I see have strength..but that can be contained...you only defense speed if you have speed...not sure the Rebs can match that.  JMO

[quote name="checkmate" post="684994" timestamp="1256398616"]
No offense Johnnyreb...but those numbers you flashed mean absolutely nothing. The reason why is football is a game of matchups and styles....Evadale may matchup better against a certain team and Colmesneil another..ect.....This is really true in high school football. From what I have seen and heard, The rebels do not matchup well against the bulldogs...speed kills and the bulldogs have a ton of it...the rebels from what I see have strength..but that can be contained...you only defense speed if you have speed...not sure the Rebs can match that.  JMO
[/quote]

Numbers do mean something!!!  How in the world do you arrive at the conclusion that Evadale will not match up with the Dogs.   Look at what has taken place so far:

Evadale  vs.                                                 Colmesneil  vs.

West Hardin  15 - 0                                           West Hardin       19 - 13
         SP              32 -  0                                           SP                   38 -   3
         HD              14 -  7                                           HD                   36 - 20
         Burkeville      18 - 0                                           Burkeville           34 -  6
         HI               15 - 0                                           Chester              55 - 6

Colmesneil has a high powered offense to be sure but they haven't run up against a defense like ours.  Seven points allowed in district play.  Come on.   To be sure our offense is not what it once was because of a few injuries but they have consistently put enough points on the board to have a W in EVERY GAME THEY HAVE STEPPED FOOT ON A FIELD THIS ENTIRE YEAR. This is going to be a great football game.  Colmesneils offense against Evadale's defense and it's gonna be a great fight.  Neither team has faced a team like the other.  I can assure you Colmesneil better bring their A game cause Evadale will MATCH UP just fine against them.  [b]Look at all those ZEROS, numbers mean something.
[/b]

[quote name="grad88" post="685143" timestamp="1256408186"]
[quote author=checkmate link=topic=61267.msg684994#msg684994 date=1256398616]
No offense Johnnyreb...but those numbers you flashed mean absolutely nothing. The reason why is football is a game of matchups and styles....Evadale may matchup better against a certain team and Colmesneil another..ect.....This is really true in high school football. From what I have seen and heard, The rebels do not matchup well against the bulldogs...speed kills and the bulldogs have a ton of it...the rebels from what I see have strength..but that can be contained...you only defense speed if you have speed...not sure the Rebs can match that.  JMO
[/quote]
well said 88. i think that others think  that the rebels have no speed just because we have a few injuries.. believe me we do still have speed... just havent used it  in the right places yet... it's  coming.. .. it should be a good game.. we will see.. but look  to the net game first.. chester and franklin may have a few tricks up  their sleeve.. and i do mean tricks... lol yes tracy you know who i am...

Numbers do means something!!!  How in the world do you arrive at the conclusion that Evadale will not match up with the Dogs.   Look at what has taken place so far:

Evadale  vs.                                                 Colmesneil  vs.

West Hardin  15 - 0                                           West Hardin       19 - 13
         SP              32 -  0                                           SP                   38 -   3
         HD              14 -  7                                           HD                   36 - 20
         Burkeville      18 - 0                                           Burkeville           34 -  6
         HI               15 - 0                                           Chester              55 - 6

Colmesneil has a high powered offense to be sure but they haven't run up against a defense like ours.  Seven points allowed in district play.  Come on.   To be sure our offense is not what it once was because of a few injuries but they have consistently put enough points on the board to have a W in EVERY GAME THEY HAVE STEPPED FOOT ON A FIELD THIS ENTIRE YEAR. This is going to be a great football game.  Colmesneils offense against Evadale's defense and it's gonna be a great fight.  Neither team has faced a team like the other.  I can assure you Colmesneil better bring their A game cause Evadale will MATCH UP just fine against them.  [b]Look at all those ZEROS, numbers mean something.
[/b]

[/quote]

Guest checkmate
No...numbers mean nothing when you talk about SPEED..because IT cancels everything....true, Evadale will be a good game for the Dawgs...but the Rebels will never hold the offense of the Bulldogs. ...If numbers mean something, then the Rebels have had how many 25+ points games in the last 5 weeks??? The Rebels better score at least 25 points against the Dawgs or they are history...JMO.

If they barely squeeked by WH, then IMO, their speed can be matched and played
against with some sort of effectiveness.  Hopefully it will be a great smashmouth
game that we will all be talking about for years to come and none of the boys get
hurt......Go Rebs      (IMO = In My Opinion)

To say one team was trying to put points on the board and another one wasn't is just flat out crazy.I've never seen a high school team not try and put points on the board.The teams that Evadale has held scoreless aren't exactly offensive powerhouses.I think this will be a close game but I think it's finally the Dogs turn in the penthouse.Should be a really good small school ballgame.

[quote name="Johnnyreb" post="684903" timestamp="1256392662"]
[b]19-13 and 15-0. What are these numbers?[/b]
These are the scores of Colmesneil vs West Hardin and Evadale vs West Hardin
I have said it on another post and I'm gonna say it again. Evadale plays good enough to win. When they NEED a score the offense will fight to get it and then relax a bit as long as the defense is working. When the Rebs see that the other team may be getting close to a score (meaning the defense is getting a little tired of playing defense), the offense will step it back up. Evadale is not here to run the score up. They are here to win. Based on the scores, I believe that Colmesneil tried everything they could to put points on the board and ended up with 19 while Evadale done just enough to stay ahead. Colmesneil allowed 13 points while Evadale allowed 0. I may be wrong, but I sure hope not. We'll see in 2 weeks anyways.
[/quote]Although the rebs are my second favorite team, I do not believe their offense takes it easy as long as they are ahead.  I'm not downing Evadale, but I really think they better get aggressive on the offensive side of the ball.  I know they have a perfect record, but how many teams they've played are over 500 for the year?  They need to turn up the intensity and play like they did the first game of the year.

I know this is not what this thread is about, but interesting.

I agree i don't think Evadale plays down i just don't think they are as good as they should be. They have had three close district games against WH, HD, and Burkville and none of those teams are very impressive.  Now yes Evadale has the potential to be a very good team but they aren't idk if it is because their pre-district schedule was so weak and because the district is so weak but they just haven't lived up to their potential in my eyes. I have always been a big believer in you only get better by playing against teams that are better than you

[quote name="checkmate" post="685239" timestamp="1256415887"]
No...numbers mean nothing when you talk about SPEED..because IT cancels everything....true, Evadale will be a good game for the Dawgs...but the Rebels will never hold the offense of the Bulldogs. ...If numbers mean something, then the Rebels have had how many 25+ points games in the last 5 weeks??? The Rebels better score at least 25 points against the Dawgs or they are history...JMO.
[/quote]
HD has speed, Burkeville has speed, not saying these two teams aren't good ball clubs, because they are. When you say "IT cancel everything" I believe your sadly mistaken, and yes the Rebels will put at least 25 on the board and give [b]ANOTHER [/b] shut out to your beloved dogs.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue][size=18pt]GO REBELS !!![/size][/color][/font]

I believe, unfortunately the DOGS will take this one, UNLESS the

REBELS come out with some HEART int his Game.

They have to REALLY WANT IT. 

The DOGS, want to show what they are made of and I think the REBELS want to show them it is not enough, but with that being said,  "YOU HAVE TO REALLY WANT IT."

Should be an awesome game.

Hey Bulldog Fans

Things just aren't going our way. The game between the Bulldogs and the Rebels looks to pit two unbeaten teams battling for the 23A District championship. However I can assure you that the game will not be anyones game of the week since PNG & Central and Newton & Kirbyville are playing that same night.

So here is my suggestion. We are going to skip the game of the week stuff and go straight to "Game of the Year!" I know both teams have games to get through this week, but if they both win this week we all should begin our posts refering to the GAME OF THE YEAR! and see if it takes hold.

Congratulations on making the playoffs as the Division 1 school and I hope that you have a long run in the playoffs as I do for whichever team finishes 3rd in district. I would live to notch some post season wins for 23A and let people know that 23A is far from the weakest district in the state.

See you Nov 6th on the Battlefield! 

Sure, it will be a close game. I think all these boys will be playing their hearts out. Can Evadale's defense contain the Dog's speed? Probably not. Expect to see Colmesneil's defense shut down the Rebels. Every week, the Dogs defense gets stronger and stronger. Either way, all the young athletes have alot to be proud of. Hopefully, they all will have the determination to win until the end of the game.

10 more days to go plus Evadale will get the chance to see Colmesneil play. Knowing Coach Will, I'm sure he would have much rather had a game to play Friday night, but I'm also sure that he will use this time to prepare. Evadale players will know every Colmesneil players position, their routes, their name, their nickname, their pets name, address, etc. Ha Ha Ha. Maybe not all that stuff but most of it. If Colmesneil wins against H I, it is gonna be a winner take all brawl to the end on Friday, Nov. 6, 2009 at 7:30 pm at Rebel Stadium if the Good Lords willing and the creek dont rise

hmmm...Colmesneil will be coming in as the underdogs on Nov 6. I think they like it that way. I'm sure the coaches and young players of Evadale will learn everything they can about our Bulldogs. They must be very concerned about being beat out by these speedy underdogs. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83