THSF Class 4A Playoff Outlook & Projections - Week 8

[quote name="TexasHSFootball" post="682663" timestamp="1256176032"]
[center][url=http://www.texashsfootball.com/playoffs/projwk84ar1.htm]Reg I[/url] | [url=http://www.texashsfootball.com/playoffs/projwk84ar2.htm]Reg II[/url] | [url=http://www.texashsfootball.com/playoffs/projwk84ar3.htm]Reg III[/url] | [url=http://www.texashsfootball.com/playoffs/projwk84ar4.htm]Reg IV[/url][/center]
[/quote]For whatever it's worth, Central is 6-1....4-0 in district...

So Central and PN-G both have secure playoff spots...

Any predictions on who snags the last two spots? At this point, it looks like Vidor and Ozen to me, which is interesting because that would put three of the four District 20-4A teams with new coaches in the playoffs.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="682681" timestamp="1256177565"]
So Central and PN-G both have secure playoff spots...

Any predictions on who snags the last two spots? At this point, it looks like Vidor and Ozen to me, which is interesting because that would put three of the four District 20-4A teams with new coaches in the playoffs.
[/quote]I don't think it is likely to be OZEN. Too many tough games left  for them to play.

Did anyone take note of 24-4A..
Angleton and Sante Fe look to be locks...
Don't know who has what to play, but the outcome of this district will play a HUGE role in this Region.
From all I get, Angleton is the most highly regarded team in this region...
If Dawson or Friendswood slips up, that would put Angleton in division I and not II.
Good news for PN-G and Dayton, not so good for Crosby, Central, or Vidor (whoever gets farthest).
The other districts look pretty weak, Brenham is supposed to be very good this year, but they were not that impressive last year when Dayton put 35 points on them in two quarters.
If you go and do look in the playoff bracket, the top seed of 20-4A in division II (probably PN-G) is in the bracket that would include Angleton (if they continue to win and end up in division II).  The top seed in 19-4A (probably Dayton) would have it's hardest test against Brenham (I believe in the 3rd round).
If anyone has a good update on 24-4A please post, would like to know the remaining games and what will probably go down in this district.

Don't know where they get King getting into the playoffs....
Even if they do win against Memorial, it won't be by 18 and they will get clocked in their last game against the Broncos.

It's really up in the air with 20-4A's 4th place team, my instincts tell me it will be Ozen (having beaten Lumberton).

If this is the case...
Central plays Memorial
Vidor plays Crosby
PN-G plays Barbers Hill
and
Ozen plays Dayton

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="682696" timestamp="1256178383"]
If Ozen loses to both PN-G and Central, then this is going to be a tough call and may come down to a coin flip.
[/quote]I went back and looked at the combinations and actually Ozen will be tough to knock out. For Lumberton to beat them OZ would have to lose out and Lumberton would have to win 2 games. Neither is likely as far as I am concerned. This is considering OZ beat Lumberton head to head.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="682691" timestamp="1256178105"]
Don't count LC-M out!
[/quote]Here is LCM's schedule. Actually they do not have to play the 2 top teams so it is easier than most. I am predicting them to lose all three of these games, but they could be in all of them and could actually win one or two. I do think it is unlikly they will win all three and I think that is what it would take to get them in.
Oct. 23 @ Vidor*, 7:30 p.m.                             
Oct. 30 Lumberton*, 7:30 p.m.                         
Nov. 7 @ Beaumont Ozen*, 7:30 p.m.               

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="682731" timestamp="1256179997"]
Head to head yes i think so.
[/quote]It is getting interesting, if Vidor gets a win Friday we will be getting very close to making it in depending on everything else that is going on that night!.

Not saying they will get in, it will be very tough for them with the injuries they have had this year! But with three games left against Livingston, Vidor, and Lumberton you can't count Larry Neuman and the Bulldogs out of the playoffs just yet! I have seen Larry do some unbelievable things with teams that should have been down for the count!

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="682705" timestamp="1256178743"]
Did anyone take note of 24-4A..
Angleton and Sante Fe look to be locks...
Don't know who has what to play, but the outcome of this district will play a HUGE role in this Region.
From all I get, Angleton is the most highly regarded team in this region...
If Dawson or Friendswood slips up, that would put Angleton in division I and not II.
Good news for PN-G and Dayton, not so good for Crosby, Central, or Vidor (whoever gets farthest).
The other districts look pretty weak, Brenham is supposed to be very good this year, but they were not that impressive last year when Dayton put 35 points on them in two quarters.
If you go and do look in the playoff bracket, the top seed of 20-4A in division II (probably PN-G) is in the bracket that would include Angleton (if they continue to win and end up in division II).  The top seed in 19-4A (probably Dayton) would have it's hardest test against Brenham (I believe in the 3rd round).
If anyone has a good update on 24-4A please post, would like to know the remaining games and what will probably go down in this district.
[/quote]

Angelton is who we think they are!  You guys need to get off that jock strap!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder