Question for board moderators...not a slam, just a question.

I'm not being rude, I'm just asking a simple question that I feel is legitimate. 

Why is it that here lately, whenever you post something about a player or coach, some moderator shows up and warns everyone that they are going to lock the thread.  I've been reading these boards for a few years and posting here for a few years and it has never been that way until this season.  It seems that if the negative posts have to do with PNG or WOS they are deleted or the posters are sternly warned.  Back in pre season when people were running down Mitch Villamez from hardin about his being recruited by D1 schools no one was present to defend him.  Or last year when the Silsbee players were accused of raping that girl (which, at this point, seems as if it was a false aligation), no one was running in and threatening to lock threads.  But when we try to discuss the events at WOS, or the player involved the thread is locked and there is no mention of a big time player for a big time team being suspended anywhere on these boards.  His name is printed in the Beaumont Enterprise today.  Why wouldn't we be able to discuss the events surrounding the suspension?  I know that everyone is going to scream that he is a minor and whatnot, and I am all for that argument.  But the cat is out of the bag, everyone knows which player it was, there is no reason that we cannot discuss the incident. 

I am all for not running down students, or coaches, but if we cannot discuss things that are legitimate and have to do with the football we all love, then what is the point of this message board existing?  I come here for news that I cannot get by opening up the paper.  If all we do here is talk stats and surface level discussion, I can get that from the Beaumont Emptyprise.  This boards draw is that it makes us feel like insiders.  We know things about teams from all over the area and it makes us more knowledgeable and makes the game more enjoyable. 

Just food for thought.  Please dont attack me for my opinion, and please don't delete the thread because you are not in agreeance.  Let everyone discuss and lets see how everyone else feels about the issue. 

I'm not being rude, I'm just asking a simple question that I feel is legitimate. 

Why is it that here lately, whenever you post something about a player or coach, some moderator shows up and warns everyone that they are going to lock the thread.  I've been reading these boards for a few years and posting here for a few years and it has never been that way until this season.  It seems that if the negative posts have to do with PNG or WOS they are deleted or the posters are sternly warned.  Back in pre season when people were running down Mitch Villamez from hardin about his being recruited by D1 schools no one was present to defend him.  Or last year when the Silsbee players were accused of raping that girl (which, at this point, seems as if it was a false aligation), no one was running in and threatening to lock threads.  But when we try to discuss the events at WOS, or the player involved the thread is locked and there is no mention of a big time player for a big time team being suspended anywhere on these boards.  His name is printed in the Beaumont Enterprise today.  Why wouldn't we be able to discuss the events surrounding the suspension?  I know that everyone is going to scream that he is a minor and whatnot, and I am all for that argument.  But the cat is out of the bag, everyone knows which player it was, there is no reason that we cannot discuss the incident. 

I am all for not running down students, or coaches, but if we cannot discuss things that are legitimate and have to do with the football we all love, then what is the point of this message board existing?  I come here for news that I cannot get by opening up the paper.  If all we do here is talk stats and surface level discussion, I can get that from the Beaumont Emptyprise.  This boards draw is that it makes us feel like insiders.  We know things about teams from all over the area and it makes us more knowledgeable and makes the game more enjoyable. 

Just food for thought.  Please dont attack me for my opinion, and please don't delete the thread because you are not in agreeance.  Let everyone discuss and lets see how everyone else feels about the issue. 

Yea....what he said!

I somewhat agree there has been quiet a few deletions latley and it should be a little more open. However there may be a criminal case involved somewere it is our duty to keep anything to do with the criminal case off this page as not to affect the case. I would hate to have a copy of one of these pages show up in court. I would not harm either side let the courts decide these things.

SETX moderators come from all over South East Texas. Decisions are made by committee usually at least 3 moderators look at something before it is acted on, unless they are blatant rule violations which are immediately handled. Even those are discussed by the mods, sometimes mods may over react but generally the effort is to keep the board clean and rumor free. That said, if an issue or story is public information or released by the media it is fair game for discussion.

Theory on post deletion or modified:

Report a post and it will get handled if needed. So the school/town that has more fans on the site are more likely to have more reports. PNG and WOS are well represented by their fans on this site therefore if something is in violation of the rules it is more likely to get noticed and reported.

SETX moderators come from all over South East Texas. Decisions are made by committee usually at least 3 moderators look at something before it is acted on, unless they are blatant rule violations which are immediately handled. Even those are discussed by the mods, sometimes mods may over react but generally the effort is to keep the board clean and rumor free. That said, if an issue or story is public information or released by the media it is fair game for discussion.Theory on post deletion or modified:

Report a post and it will get handled if needed. So the school/town that has more fans on the site are more likely to have more reports. PNG and WOS are well represented by their fans on this site therefore if something is in violation of the rules it is more likely to get noticed and reported.

So since the WOS issue was in the Beaumont Enterprise today, according to your reply, it should be open for discussion today?

Please Clarify.

Guest Silsbee88

SETX moderators come from all over South East Texas. Decisions are made by committee usually at least 3 moderators look at something before it is acted on, unless they are blatant rule violations which are immediately handled. Even those are discussed by the mods, sometimes mods may over react but generally the effort is to keep the board clean and rumor free. That said, if an issue or story is public information or released by the media it is fair game for discussion.

I have to disagree.  One Admin does over react.  ;D ;D ;D

hmmmm. i wonder who you could be talking about? come on...spit it out... what's the sCOOP?

Guest Silsbee88

hmmmm. i wonder who you could be talking about? come on...spit it out... what's the sCOOP?

Dang spoonbill, your good!

SETX moderators come from all over South East Texas. Decisions are made by committee usually at least 3 moderators look at something before it is acted on, unless they are blatant rule violations which are immediately handled. Even those are discussed by the mods, sometimes mods may over react but generally the effort is to keep the board clean and rumor free. That said, if an issue or story is public information or released by the media it is fair game for discussion.Theory on post deletion or modified:

So since the WOS issue was in the Beaumont Enterprise today, according to your reply, it should be open for discussion today?

Please Clarify.

Post away, if it is in the newspaper. I personally could care less it isn't about football so I probably wouldn't open the thread.

i think it sucks that brick got kicked off, first of all. I think coach bashing is okay, because they are grown men who have salaries and get paid for what they do. Player bashing is bad because they are only 15-18 year olds and are just trying to have a good time playing football.

Coach bashing or watching Jerry Springer, hhmmm tough decision.

Please Clarify.

Post away, if it is in the newspaper. I personally could care less it isn't about football so I probably wouldn't open the thread.

It has everything to do with football.  Especially football in West Orange.  When your University of Oklahoma bound star athlete does something that, potentially, could get him suspended for the rest of the season, it dramatically affects football perspective.  That could be HUGE come playoff time when they will need him to be able to compete with the elite.  It is a huge deal.

Please Clarify.

It has everything to do with football.  Especially football in West Orange.  When your University of Oklahoma bound star athlete does something that, potentially, could get him suspended for the rest of the season, it dramatically affects football perspective.  That could be HUGE come playoff time when they will need him to be able to compete with the elite.  It is a huge deal.

OK sounds like a good topic, let'r rip.

i agree 100%

Please Clarify.

OK sounds like a good topic, let'r rip.

I beleive it's less a matter of the seriousness of the offense, and more of a matter of "tit for tat" with regard to the other party involved.  To me, with this level of "offense" (please note the sarcasm), a warning to both of the parties involved would have been sufficent.  But, because the other person involved was kicked off their organization, permanently, then parties associated with this person felt that Trey should suffer the same fate.  In today's meeting, reinstation and a warning should be the norm for ALL parties involved, and no one should have to suffer permanent consequences for the actions.  Again, a case of "holier than thou" rather than protecting the public interest or safety.  There was...and is...NO danger to the public.

Guest ~old_wildcat~

Well I Read Most All The Replies To A Good Question,But IMO A Sports Forum Is Not The Place To Discuss Disciplinary Problems,Be It Civil,School Related,Or Criminal..If A High School Player Get's In Trouble,All The Talk And Well Intended Discussion Will Not Help..In Fact It May Hinder...  And Won't Help The Outcome 1 iota.....JMO

Guest FPHS 78

i agree with an earlier post..you should be able to bash the coaches-------but leave the kids alone

and you can't say anything negative about orange stark or coop comes unglued...cuz dan hooks is god...........