Beaumont Isd

Wouldn't that be a bit stupid?  I mean, they had 6 schools (French, Beaumont High, South Park, Forest Park,

Charlton Pollard, Hebert and they combined them all into 2 (Westbrook and Central).  Now, they've already started breaking them up again (Ozen).  So, what would be the value in breaking them up even further.  I must be missing something here.

When my eldest was in the 5th grade, Dr. Thomas noted growth north of 105 and if that trend continued, another high school would be built.  Now that was 8 years ago and although there has been growth north of 105, the ADMs of all 3 school don't suggest a 4th.  Plus the overcrowding @WB has been relieved by the lastest bond....

Guest Ranger83

Wouldn't that be a bit stupid?  I mean, they had 6 schools (French, Beaumont High, South Park, Forest Park,

Charlton Pollard,_________Panthers [can't remember school name]) and they combined them all into 2 (Westbrook and Central).  Now, they've already started breaking them up again (Ozen).  So, what would be the value in breaking them up even further.  I must be missing something here.

The TEA consolidated the schools, they did not choose to be consolidated. Why would a fourth high school not make sense? What the population of Beaumont 160K?

Guest Ranger83

Bring back the French Buffaloes!!  :-)

My cousin, Gene Paul Isabell, Sr, was the Head Coach for French at one time. I remember them playing Permain in the State Finals in the late 80's early 90's. (After Gene left unfortunately)

My cousin, Gene Paul Isabell, Sr, was the Head Coach for French at one time. I remember them playing Permain in the State Finals in the late 80's early 90's. (After Gene left unfortunately)

I recall those good old days when Beaumont had 6 public high schools. The rivalry between the South Park Greenies and the Beaumont Royal Purples was comparable to mid county madness. I don't see a new high school happening. Last I heard a lot of people have moving out of Beaumont.

Guest FPHS 78

oh yeah, and bring back the Trojans!!!!!!!!! 

if they went back to "living in the boundaries", WB wouldnt be packed like sardines

if they went back to "living in the boundaries", WB wouldnt be packed like sardines

And, they wouldn't win many games either.......

Guest FPHS 78

Typical comment from a Kelly Bulldog Poodle

Dang, thats a witty comment........now, junior mint, did I say anything that wasn't true?

If Dr. Thomas can make a buck off a new school, Beaumont will get a new school!!!!!!!!!!Or we may get one if one of his friends needs a principals job!!!

Here it goes.  Another shot at the Sup.  And what a heck of a first post there, buddy.   ::) ::)

Some folks just call it like they see it.  And when the majority sees it the same way as the person who brought it up, maybe the person who disputes it should reconsider his position.  Some folks are blind by no control of their own.  Others choose to be blind.

WB hasn't had transfers in two years.  That's why the population of the school went down slightly this year.  Only siblings are allowed from outside the zone.  There is a waiting list.  When WB hits 2405 transfers are shut off. 

No fourth high school.

Why is this on a sports forum?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder