I will miss the local 3a district

OLDREF

I am sorry....I guess you can say that I am pouting.....It is just that I have officiated for our local 3a district for 17 years.  I have always enjoyed all teams in this district both boys and girls.  It seems that there is going to be two BEAUMONT chapters in our area.  One is UIL and the other TASO.

TASO was able to get the district to come with them.  I work for the original chapter which is UIL.  The leadership in both chapters were unable to heal wounds,soooo it means that you want see me in BRIDGE CITY or WEST ORANGE or ORANGEFIELD or HAMSHIRE orHARDIN JEFFERSON.  I WILL MISS WORKING FOR THESE SCHOOLS AND THERE COACHES

JOE WHITTED

The UIL chapter will be working all the 5A games in the area.  We will work some 4A.....Mostly Ozen and Central home games.  Most all of the 2A and 1A games.  Please understand that the majority of the chapter wants one chapter.  We just have differences that have not been worked out.

I really think that alot of us will be sitting home on game night.

There was a ref shortage last year....  With it split up, it seems to me like there will be more than enough varsity games to go around.... I do feel that subvarsity games...especially girls subvarsity games and junior high games will be the most affected at all classifications....

MIKE.....

I will miss you too.... I hope the new baby is well.The guys in the other chapter are all my friends.  They will do you a bang up job.,  Tell Coach Davis to have a good season, and be sure and tell Carol how much everyone will miss her on the sidelines.

If you have any officiating questions during the year....send me an IM.

take care

old ref

Yes, that's why it sucks.  You have called games I played in back in the day (well not that far back I graduated in '05), when Coach Toon was at Orangefield.  ;D

I've always thought you did a great job!

I got a thing today about being a ref. I'll PM you.

HOOPS..................This will not be resolved this year. Too many people with too much pride, and not willing to compromise.  The one thing that will help in a resolution for next year is when these same people see how many games we  will lose to outside chapters, because if the coaches can't agree on officials they will have to call Uil and get outside officials to call local games.

I think this will happen quite often.  I don't know about the other chapter but no one in our chapter got over 15 games on there schedules.  We are used to having 20-25 games plus tournament games.

The guys in the other chapter are all friends of mine, and I hate this.  I hope that there is no negative feelings,because it is going to be hard enough to heal the wounds as it is

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Quareele73" post="692690" timestamp="1257027187"]
Miss counties and regionals?   Their schools are closed for two weeks because of the H1N1 flu outbreak.  Will these two teams have to sit on the sideline>?
[/quote]

I am lost on this post. Someone please help. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami