Is Evadale overated????

Dawg Fan

[quote name="Dawg Fan" post="676710" timestamp="1255703117"]
Does Anybody else think that evadale is overated???
[/quote]

Well Dawgfan what is your answer today?
I will give the Bulldogs plenty of props as they never gave up and made last nights game a classic. Evadale can thank you for ignighting a spark that I believe will serve them well when they begin the playoffs. Colmesneil is the first team to have a lead on the Rebels all season long but unfortunately it lasted only about three minutes.

Think about that not only did the Rebels go undefeated 10-0, but they only trailed one team for 3 minutes in the entire season. The Rebel defense gave up 53 points this season that is an average of 5 per game. Only four teams scored out of the 9 actual games that were played. four shut outs not counting the Chester forfeit. 18 points is the most given up in any game this season. 25 points given up in 6 district games for an average of 4.1 points per game. 200 yards was the most yards given up by the Rebels in any game this season.
in the last 18 games the Rebels are 17-1 they have back to back undefeated district championships they are going to the playoffs for the forth straight year.

Want to think about something else. The Rebels have every offensive and defensive lineman returning in 2010. TheQB, fullback and both tight ends are also coming back.  Three of the four linebackers will be back and one of the three DB's will be back.. Plus their JV went 6-1 this season and will have plenty of players to step into positions being vacated by seniors.

Overrated, the best is still to come!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="700899" timestamp="1257625785"]
[quote author=Dawg Fan link=topic=60875.msg676710#msg676710 date=1255703117]
Does Anybody else think that evadale is overated???
[/quote]

Well Dawgfan what is your answer today?
I will give the Bulldogs plenty of props as they never gave up and made last nights game a classic. Evadale can thank you for ignighting a spark that I believe will serve them well when they begin the playoffs. Colmesneil is the first team to have a lead on the Rebels all season long but unfortunately it lasted only about three minutes.

Think about that not only did the Rebels go undefeated 10-0, but they only trailed one team for 3 minutes in the entire season. The Rebel defense gave up 53 points this season that is an average of 5 per game. Only four teams scored out of the 9 actual games that were played. four shut outs not counting the Chester forfeit. 18 points is the most given up in any game this season. 25 points given up in 6 district games for an average of 4.1 points per game. 200 yards was the most yards given up by the Rebels in any game this season.
in the last 18 games the Rebels are 17-1 they have back to back undefeated district championships they are going to the playoffs for the forth straight year.

Want to think about something else. The Rebels have every offensive and defensive lineman returning in 2010. TheQB, fullback and both tight ends are also coming back.  Three of the four linebackers will be back and one of the three DB's will be back.. Plus their JV went 6-1 this season and will have plenty of players to step into positions being vacated by seniors.

Overrated, the best is still to come!

[/quote]I know it's early, very early in fact...but I'm calling a 3-peat for next year...got way to much talent coming back.  I know I'm probably getting the cart before the horse...but hey...it looks real good for some time to come in Rebeland...

Thanks to the guys from last year and this year for laying the foundation for some good football in Evadale!!!

[quote name="Colmesneilfan1" post="701070" timestamp="1257635257"]
lol..you guys don't forget that earlier in this thread dawgfan was shown to be from a city other than Colmesneil just trying to stir up trouble.....

Good luck to all three of the District 23-A reps in the upcoming playoffs......
[/quote]

I know fan, you guys have been nothing but classy leading up to the game and during it. I wish the Bulldogs great success in the D1 bracket. Go out and show some of these 23A nay sayers what we are made of.

Now I can say it...Go Rebels...Go Bulldogs! I can even say go Bobcats at least for a couple of rounds.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="714817" timestamp="1258849413"]
o no there not overrated thy just lost 60-7 against somone who can actually play....yes they are overrated look at what happens as soon as they step foot out of thee dist. 8)
[/quote]

I so wanted to fall for this and get into the whole trash talk thing...but I then realized that this person cannot spell so I am not too sure he has any idea what he just said.  ::)

Rebels, Dogs and Bobcats...I am proud of all of you. I truly don't care what anyone says...to me there is nothing better than Friday nights in 23A. Oh, and as far as Evadale being overated? Again, they went undefeated in our district so we certainly don't think so. Great job to all "our" boys. :-)

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="714817" timestamp="1258849413"]
o no there not overrated thy just lost 60-7 against somone who can actually play....yes they are overrated look at what happens as soon as they step foot out of thee dist. 8)
[/quote]
I hate when people that we beat say this stuff.  Yes we got beat 60-7 and we did play a BEAST team, and we just may be overrated but we did happen to beat your team.  I wonder how many Mart could've scored on yall? 200?

Guest checkmate
OMFG..how arrogant can you be Dwight??? You got beat...got your butt kicked royaly..so please dont belittle another poster because you feel gloom today...hey dude, it happens, everyone gets annihilated once in a while...take your anger somewhere else...we all told you that when you play a GOOD team what would happen..but..your pride would not let you believe it. Its over...look forward to next year..and quit saying how bad the team that beat you out would beat others. They beat you by 7 touchdowns...not anyone else. Get over it!

Hey Checkmate

Just a question, who do you support? I may have missed the team that you support in your posts, but I would like to know.

Not starting anything, not bad mouthing you, not complaining about refs last night and not talking about my team except for my handle.

Just want to know who's the team you are pulling for on Friday nights?

checkmate, I was not trying to be arrogant. I just dont see how someone that already lost to us can talk about how bad we are. If u_dont_kno_me thinks we arent any good then okay. But then what does that say about his own team that got beat by us?

Overrated is such a ridiculous term. I guess the NE Pats going undefeated, only to lose the SB were overrated....yeah right. Evadale did what they had to do to win their district and take their chances in the playoffs just like everybody else. Just because they lost doesn't make them anything more than a victim of the playoff system. Hats off to Evadale for playing with grit and determination.

Guest checkmate
I do not support any team Yeller....I just love high school football. Dwight, the Rebs had a great season..hats off....but until you win a playoff game..then your fans cannot crown them champions (except for weak 23 1A) (like so many from Evadale did from 5-0 and on ) Congrats on a great season. Hey Tommy, how many Rebel fans are going to bash me because of this post? lol

Guest checkmate
Ever wonder why people (everyone not from Evadale) think Evadale fans are arrogant? I am a better man than to respond to you tunnel king...I will say good luck Rebs next year.

[quote name="whambulance" post="716569" timestamp="1259027325"]
[quote author=TunnelKing link=topic=60875.msg715912#msg715912 date=1258941619]
Hey check.. only check because you dont deserve to be a mate.. i'm not tommy, but would love to meet up to bash you!
[/quote]omg.  If that's the way you play, please change that pic. 
[/quote]Never wil change pic.. to proud and love the kids to much. i have a son involved. and am tired of people like check running our kids yes my son included) down,, no one wants to offend anyone by standing up and saying something to those that talk trash about our kids , so i will.. not a hater like some, just standing up for mine!

[quote name="checkmate" post="715986" timestamp="1258948216"]
Ever wonder why people (everyone not from Evadale) think Evadale fans are arrogant? I am a better man than to respond to you tunnel king...I will say good luck Rebs next year.
[/quote]hey check, not trying to be arrogant like you think i am, just wanting you to understand how much i care about these kids and their spirit.. and yes, i am a dad of one of the kids you've been bashing.. they cant help where we picked for them to live . they have to play where we picked for them.. so please let em alone and speak about your kids and area, i promise no bashing from this man

Guest checkmate
I have NEVER bashed any of your kids...all I ever said was that Evadale plays in a weak district..and I was crucified by the Evadale posters. I was actually rooting for the Rebels but posters like you make it hard to cheer for them. You know Tunnel, you are the one that said "but would love to meet up and bash you".....very un-professional threatening me in my opinion. Do you threaten everyone like that? I admire you for standing up for your son...but, you need to choose your words more carefully IMO....and if you promise no bashing...then why do you want to meet up and bash me? Makes no sense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder